Official thread: Paris-Roubaix - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-07-09, 21:17

Default Official thread: Paris-Roubaix

I'll just leave this here.

Also, my pick:

Boonen ftw
Old 04-07-09, 21:21

I'd love to see Chavanel build on his good form and do well here but think he's better suited to the Ardennes Classics.

Don't actually care who wins, just love the hell that is a (hopefully) classic P-R. The Flanders Classics are surely the greatest week of racing in the cycling calendar - the history and the parcours are truly HC
Old 04-07-09, 22:08
Super Moderator

Aaaaaaaaaaah.....That brings back memories.

I'd put my odds on a Quick Step rider. Hard to deny a Lefevere managed team this time of year, ya know. They might even go for top three in a deja vu thingy like how they used to with Mapei. They sure do have the talent to do it.
Old 04-08-09, 01:23

Hard to go against QS at this point... But I wouldn't be surprised if Flecha did something
Old 04-08-09, 07:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tibbs View Post

I'll just leave this here.

Also, my pick:

Boonen ftw
Cool pic!

Gone cold on Boonen, reckon we might see something from Cancarella.
Old 04-08-09, 09:54

I do now know SBS are showing the race in Australia! lol Finally....better late than never!!!! If Stuey was racing I would give him a chance....
Old 04-08-09, 09:57

About two years to late!!! watching stuey win was the best moment of all my time as a cycling fan
Old 04-08-09, 10:14

I thought Stueys win was one of the best, a classic of classics. I'm not even Australian and I was truly moved. Just pure heart an soul and him crying at the end showed that it was not just another race. I hope he gets another chance to win it.

Ballan is my choice, he has just been too quite all season. I also will be hoping to see Hincapie win but not sure if he still has it or not but another guy that deserves it for sure.
Old 04-08-09, 10:32

Ballan won't ride Paris-Roubaix, as he is still recovering from the consequences of the cytomegalovirus.

My bet's on Boonen. He's got the same form as last year - if not even better - and there's considerably less competition with the absence of Ballan, Cancellara, O'Grady and Hushovd's wrist injury. And seeing he has by far the strongest team around him, only bad luck can keep him from his third win imo. I think the biggest contenders will be Devolder, Flecha, Hincapie, Hoste and perhaps Pozzato if he really puts his mind to it.
Old 04-08-09, 12:26

Dang I thought I had heard that Ballan was 50/50 for the PR, the curse continues I guess.

I agree Boonen is the fav but what fun is it picking him? Heinrich Haussler is my next pick I guess.