General News Thread - Page 22 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-22-09, 12:21

AS would be stupid to sign with Shack while LA is still riding.

It would also be unwise to go out in the press and say "I would never ride for Armstrong". Then he would have an enemy for life. As long as LA thinks Andy might sign with Shack for 2011, Andy is safe from his tricks.
Old 12-23-09, 19:09
Editor-in-chief

Default LiveStrong

It is interesting to see that LiveStrong has discontinued all support for scientific cancer research (will only support indirect patient care like IT services etc, but no more bench research. On the other hand, now Armstrong will be getting salary from Radioshack and the team is receiving financial support from LiveStrong. I wonder when will the media pick up on this. So who is LiveStrong really supporting?

Last edited by pankadog; 12-23-09 at 19:14. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-26-09, 00:29

Martin Pedersen has been promised a spot on the 2010 TdF by Footon-Servetto. That's if they get an invite, not that they will.
Old 12-28-09, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankadog View Post
It is interesting to see that LiveStrong has discontinued all support for scientific cancer research (will only support indirect patient care like IT services etc, but no more bench research. On the other hand, now Armstrong will be getting salary from Radioshack and the team is receiving financial support from LiveStrong. I wonder when will the media pick up on this. So who is LiveStrong really supporting?
Link?

I'd like to see proof that the Lance Armstrong Foundation is paying any money to a cycling team. I looked over their publicly available financial documents and didn't find any indication they had done so with Trek-Livestrong or are doing so with Radio Shack. From what I can tell, they are a charity partner... not a sponsor.

As for the LAF's decision with their research grants... probably a good move. As far as researching a cure goes, other charities do a better job. The LAF's strength seems to be in providing services for survivors, not finding a cure. It makes sense to focus research grants on that area.
Old 12-28-09, 14:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1985 View Post
Martin Pedersen has been promised a spot on the 2010 TdF by Footon-Servetto. That's if they get an invite, not that they will.
they don't need an invite
Old 12-28-09, 14:21

Location: Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!.......or something...

I finally got to see the Tour de Suisse route......jesus what are they doing with the route? It kinda sucks for the second year in a row.

They completely killed off the Tour de Romandie which used to have an awesome route. Are they trying to do the same here?
Old 12-28-09, 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by issoisso View Post
I finally got to see the Tour de Suisse route......jesus what are they doing with the route? It kinda sucks for the second year in a row.

They completely killed off the Tour de Romandie which used to have an awesome route. Are they trying to do the same here?
In a word: Cancellara.
Old 12-28-09, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
In a word: Cancellara.
Not this year. There's only one mountain stage, but he won't hold on in this one.
Old 12-28-09, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by issoisso View Post
Not this year. There's only one mountain stage, but he won't hold on in this one.
Have you found stage profiles?
Old 12-28-09, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by halamala View Post
Have you found stage profiles?
Yes, a very nice german fellow by the nickname of "Daniano" built them based on google map altimetry and the maps of the route on the official site.
They're not official but you can trust them

(First and last stages are ITTs, other than that, road stages)

Last edited by issoisso; 12-28-09 at 18:02.