Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-26-09, 19:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
The only way Frank could have won the Tour was if Evans completely blew up on Alpe D'Huez, which he didn't and/or crashed out during the final ITT, which he didn't. Frank's ITT was so horrible he dropped about 4 places in the GC so of course this is just little brother giving his big bro some dapp that is clearly not based in reality.
It seems that Andy's just angry because his beloved brother wasn't able to win the Tour, while Sastre was. Given that their relationship with Sastre wasn't, erm, good, then he's dreaming with an impossible win. Meh, nepotism at its highest form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Verde View Post
Hoogerland is going to train in Spain in a couple of weeks to lay the basis for success in the classics.
Come Johnny, Spain is such a wonderful place to train, and it seems that it works fine to train here...
Old 10-26-09, 20:06
Administrator

Sticky? Isn't the entire Professional Road Cycling forum a "general news" section already?
Old 10-26-09, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
Sticky? Isn't the entire Professional Road Cycling forum a "general news" section already?
Oh Alpe, you always come into these threads acting all sensible.
Old 10-26-09, 20:39
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Bala Verde Send a message via Skype™ to Bala Verde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
As of late you have such a moderating influence on this forum
Old 10-26-09, 20:55
dimspace

i disagree with stickying this personally, its already three pages, by november its going to be 30 pages, by december 150 pages and will be a mire of ramblings and stupidity..

while i agree that we dont need a seperate thread everytime contador blows his knows, or every time lance does a ****, im not sure that a general thread wont become a terribly drawn out, long winded, rambling assortment of oddness...

a generall news thread is interesting, as long as it is used it will be on the front page anyway...

stickies annoy me most of the time..
Old 10-26-09, 20:56
dimspace

as for hooverland going to spain.. just confirms my already low opinion of him.... he will be applying for dual citizenship next so he can receive the same government protection offered to the rest of them..
Old 10-26-09, 22:38

I don't think it should necessarily be stickied - whoever said that one page one (thehog?) was being sarcastic because of the accidental mis-spelling.

I just made it because I'm sick of seeing repeated threads about Contador/Shack/Astana/LA everytime they do something small or inconsequential. It saves having to make a new thread everytime anything slightly notable happens anyway.

Also, there a certainly a lot more threads worthy of being stickied than the route announcement of a 2.HC race

itd..
Old 10-26-09, 22:47
dimspace

i think the much requested lance/contador/astana/shack section would solve a lot of problems...

although there would be naff all threads in the pro cycling section..
Old 10-26-09, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimspace View Post
i think the much requested lance/contador/astana/shack section would solve a lot of problems...

although there would be naff all threads in the pro cycling section..
Yes, but then we run into the trouble about only being able to discuss doping in the clinic, and not in the new Lance/AC/Astana/Shack section.

Oh wait, I see what you are doing proposing this new section. You are secretly a Lance fanboy and want to make it so nobody can ever discuss LA and doping in the same thread. Clever!
Old 10-26-09, 22:58
dimspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beech Mtn View Post
Yes, but then we run into the trouble about only being able to discuss doping in the clinic, and not in the new Lance/AC/Astana/Shack section.

Oh wait, I see what you are doing proposing this new section. You are secretly a Lance fanboy and want to make it so nobody can ever discuss LA and doping in the same thread. Clever!
oh no, the lance etc section should be anything goes as lnog as its about lance..

that would leave the clinic fairly empty as well..

and no, im secretly an alien that has landed on earth to learn about cycling, ive come here and all i know so far is that there are three people called lance and alberto and johaan who win all the races and drug everyone...