General News Thread - Page 628 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-10-12, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
You mean the procedure that wasn't even illegal at the time he did it and definitely doesn't enhance performance?
Definitely doesn't enhance performance? Prove it.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
Old 11-10-12, 07:47

Quote:
You really think the UV-light thing is doping? It's just humbug.
Yes, i do and i think so does WADA since JANUARY.

Last edited by Zam_Olyas; 11-10-12 at 08:02.
Old 11-10-12, 08:18

No matter what it is, if someone suggested that to me I'd probably ask them who let them out of the crazy-house.

It just seems so... weird!
Old 11-10-12, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
Definitely doesn't enhance performance? Prove it.
That's not the way it works, you have to prove it the other way around. Which it hasn't been. No research has shown effect from this UV-treatment, which by the way was invented to kill bacteria.

Keep in mind that the blood is extracted and inserted straight afterwards, so it's by no means blood doping. Obviously it's illegal now as anything concerning withdrawal and reintroduction of blood isn't allowed.
Old 11-10-12, 09:39

Quote:
That's not the way it works, you have to prove it the other way around. Which it hasn't been. No research has shown effect from this UV-treatment, which by the way was invented to kill bacteria.

Keep in mind that the blood is extracted and inserted straight afterwards, so it's by no means blood doping. Obviously it's illegal now as anything concerning withdrawal and reintroduction of blood isn't allowed.
i found it hilarious that you think they done just that practice there.
remembers me of that joke on tv with the guy showing to the officer a dead cat in the trunk while he had a dead prostitute on the backseat. and he got away with it lol

some of you sometimes can't see the big picture.
Old 11-10-12, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
i found it hilarious that you think they done just that practice there.
I do? I was just saying that the UV treatment itself is humbug, and so far that's all we know they did. Whether they did anything else as well is a discussion for the clinic.
Old 11-10-12, 10:55

ok sorry then

what about this champions league stuff?uci is such in deep shiit that they will agree with it?
Old 11-10-12, 10:57

Quote:
ok sorry then

what about this champions league stuff?uci is such in deep shiit that they will agree with it?
with redistribution of tv-right organizers won't agree with it.
Old 11-10-12, 11:17

Quote:
It is only a minor reform of the World Tour. I don't see the news/hype.
Old 11-10-12, 19:20

Quote:

No, you stated something as a fact, so you are obligated to provide evidence to back it up. You said it "definitely does not enhance performance". So you need to prove it. I don't know for sure whether it does or doesn't, but it sounds pretty shady. Why would someone who is so staunchly anti-doping participate in a practice involving the extraction and re-infusing of blood? Was he even vocal about doping before he was found out, or just afterwards in order to save face?

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"