Filippo Pozzato's Katusha Ridley Damocles Pi - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Bikes & Gear > General

General Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-09, 04:13
Greg Johnson Greg Johnson is offline
Australian Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 369
Default Filippo Pozzato's Katusha Ridley Damocles Pi

Hey all,

We've had lots of e-mails over the past few months about Katusha's Ridleys, so James Huang managed to snag Filippo Pozzato's while wandering around Europe last week.

I hope you like it!

Cheers
Greg Johnson
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-16-09, 05:40
jjrehrmann jjrehrmann is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Default

The following Photo..... http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...s_tire_and_rim

looks as thought the rim is cracked. Is it the end of the sticker maybe?

Any thoughts.

Last edited by jjrehrmann; 04-16-09 at 05:43.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-09, 05:57
Argon Man's Avatar
Argon Man Argon Man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 84
Default

Looks to me like it is just the sticker
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-09, 21:54
RDV4ROUBAIX's Avatar
RDV4ROUBAIX RDV4ROUBAIX is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,621
Default

The Ridley Damocles and Damocles Pi could quite possibly be the best deal out of all the bikes in the pro peloton. I'm considering one for next season.

Democoles $1800USD frame/fork
Democoles Pi $2300USD frame/fork
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-09, 00:39
Pietro's Avatar
Pietro Pietro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDV4ROUBAIX View Post
The Ridley Damocles and Damocles Pi could quite possibly be the best deal out of all the bikes in the pro peloton. I'm considering one for next season.

Democoles $1800USD frame/fork
Democoles Pi $2300USD frame/fork
http://www.rideblue.com/rc8.php

Probably made in the same place.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-09, 12:21
LugHugger LugHugger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,293
Default

What makes you say that, Pietro? One's a monocoque 'sharp edge' and the other is lugged round tubes? I though that Ridley had their own factory. Or do they just paint their frames there and source overseas? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-09, 12:34
Pietro's Avatar
Pietro Pietro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugHugger View Post
What makes you say that, Pietro? One's a monocoque 'sharp edge' and the other is lugged round tubes? I though that Ridley had their own factory. Or do they just paint their frames there and source overseas? Just wondering.
Well, they aren't made in Belgium. Most of the Asian-made carbon frames(and that's not a BAD thing), are made in a few Taiwanese or Chinese factories. Giant, Scott, Ridley, some Merckx's now, some Colnagos, Pinarellos, some Treks, lots of carbon made there. Well made, cuz most all well designed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-19-09, 16:24
RDV4ROUBAIX's Avatar
RDV4ROUBAIX RDV4ROUBAIX is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,621
Default

Pietro is exactly right. Even top models that are made in house, the carbon is usually sourced from Asia. That Blue RC8 is freaking ugly though. Pietro you buzzkilled my Democoles fantasy!

LugHugger, read Chris King's article on Asia Mfg. http://chrisking.com/asiamfg

It will make you think twice about what you spend money on. When it comes to the Democoles I'm thinking strictly with my wiener, but a great deal none the less. It's unfortunate that just about everything is made in Asia now by poorly paid workers who don't really care about high end bicycles and components. Not all, but most. Sorry James Huang, no disrespect intended.

Last edited by RDV4ROUBAIX; 04-19-09 at 21:15. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-09, 18:00
forzamark forzamark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Default

I got the damoceles and its a sweet ride stiff and yet comfy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-20-09, 10:57
LugHugger LugHugger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,293
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDV4ROUBAIX View Post
Pietro is exactly right. Even top models that are made in house, the carbon is usually sourced from Asia. That Blue RC8 is freaking ugly though. Pietro you buzzkilled my Democoles fantasy!

LugHugger, read Chris King's article on Asia Mfg. http://chrisking.com/asiamfg

It will make you think twice about what you spend money on. When it comes to the Democoles I'm thinking strictly with my wiener, but a great deal none the less. It's unfortunate that just about everything is made in Asia now by poorly paid workers who don't really care about high end bicycles and components. Not all, but most. Sorry James Huang, no disrespect intended.
Makes me feel suitably self-righteous about ordering my enigma elite on saturday (http://www.enigmasteel.com/elite.html)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.