Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 09-15-11, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
If i may ask, what was Damiano Machiavellis other account?
Bro deal.
Old 09-15-11, 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricknd View Post
Bro deal.
I was thinking that....
but is BroDeal still around? I liked his posting...
Old 09-15-11, 03:34

Yes, BroDeal is entirely free to post.
Old 09-15-11, 05:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin318is View Post
Yes, BroDeal is entirely free to post.
As he was back in May, and yet...
Old 09-15-11, 17:22

Damiano was Bro deal? They seemed very very different to me.

Very different.

Also the WL is being swept under the rug?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 09-17-11, 02:01

my post from the lemond appreciation thread was removed without explanation. what is wrong with this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgTh6...eature=related

but there's no censorship here, is there?
Old 09-18-11, 11:49

Can anyone parse and comprehend this verbal diarhhoea? Someone wishes they were a lwayer?

Quote:
All,
Following the success of the Tour de France strikes system in managing the forum, it has been decided to keep it on as the ongoing moderation process to make sure the forum discussion stay polite and interesting. It is called Three Strikes and You're Out.

Basically,

All infractions will be given a 1 month expiry period.

Someone with no current infractions will receive a warning which is considered to be strike one.

A second active infraction will result in a 24 hour suspension (second strike)

A third active infraction will result in a 1 month suspension. (strike three).

When returning from a 1 month ban, the member will still carry 2 strikes for the month, meaning any further poor behaviour that month will earn a new 1 month suspension.

At moderator discretion, certain offences will bypass this system completely, such as spamming, threats of violence, returning while suspended, etc. The cases can result in anything up to and including a permanent ban.
No exceptions!

All strikes causing 1 month suspensions are reviewed automatically by the moderation team to ensure the penalty is appropriate.

What are violations? This covers the listed rules of the forum, and things which really are more or less common sense:

obscenities, including trying to avoid the forum filter; insults; other offensive statements; going off-topic after a mod has said to stop; generally doing anything a mod has said not to. .... and this list is not all-inclusive.

Situations not covered in this system such as: Sock puppets, spammers, severe trolling, abuse, threats, etc will be dealt with as usual and may receive anything from a short to permanent ban from the forum.

Anyone who receives a sanction (first, second or third) will of course be notified of the action taken in the infraction email.

All infractions have a 1 month expiry. Therefore it is possible to get a warning each month without being suspended, however once you HAVE been warned, any further actions that month will result in some form of suspension.

We simply want to insure that the Cyclingnews forum remains a place for everyone to virtually sit down together for a pleasant chat about our favourite sport!

Last edited by Martin318is; 09-18-11 at 14:11.
Old 09-18-11, 14:18

I've removed the misquote you inserted.

as to the rest it is very clearly a combination of the existing list of rules and an announcement that the 3 strikes system will be staying permanently.
Old 09-18-11, 15:04

I think Daniel wishes to "ensure" that the forum remains a place for everyone to remain pleasant together. Unless Daniel is willing to take out an insurance policy so he can claim against moderators for not doing their jobs properly. And given how much trouble the moderators have regulating the clientele, I'd say that a fair few insurance companies would No Quote that.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 09-18-11, 23:15
Thoughtforfood

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1985 View Post
Nobody as far as I know drinks Fosters in Australia[/B] as I don't think it is even sold here (I have never seen it for sale, the only time I've seen it for sale is in London), so the joke is rather lame. But you don't think that calling people 'inbreed convicts' will actually rile people up? It's a poor troll attempt.

You lose.
Dude, that is part of what makes it funny to everyone NOT Australian. I bet you don't eat at Outback Steakhouse either.

As for Susan's comment about not "baiting" people, again, if the mods are going to try to stop that, the post count on this forum will drop by half from all of the deletions they will now need to make. This is the internets, peoples bates other internets peoples.