The Cycling Betting Thread - Page 82 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 03-18-12, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badeend View Post
Why not? I have an account with them and never had a problem, they often have different match-ups as Bet365.
If bet365 covers the race pinnacle normally does as well. They take the same match-ups but give better odds.
Bet365 has propably the best selection both pregame and especially inplay, but also the best oddscompiler. Sportingbet is also good with their own odds and more errors, but still have a decent compiler. Betvictor has their own odds and the by far worst compiler in the market, and Paddypower too just a little less horrible compiler and fewer odds, but both places you will have your account closed (BV) or limited to the ridiculeos (Paddy) very quickly if you win. But you might as well win what you can before that happens. Unibet is also quite good with some own odds and quite a few errors and decent limits. Pinnacle can be good to have also as they copy all bet365 odds pregame too higher prices, but they wait till the prices has setlled before they copy so if any rare bet365 errors they will have been corrected, but often they slash so much that there will be a lot of value in the highodds.
Old 03-18-12, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badeend View Post
Why not? I have an account with them and never had a problem
Maybe it's just me but my account was closed very quickly and I found it difficult to withdraw money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRAZO View Post
but both places you will have your account closed (BV) or limited to the ridiculeos (Paddy) very quickly if you win. But you might as well win what you can before that happens.
I think that happens regardless of where you bet! Bet365 are the worst for that in my view, although everyone has different experiences. (My max bet on Hutarovich for tomorrow's stage is €2 at 3/1)

The problem is that cycling is a very small sport and most companies probably don't have a dedicated trader so they automatically stop anyone who generally wins money.

Last edited by Connor Pass; 03-18-12 at 19:55.
Old 03-18-12, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Pass View Post

I think that happens regardless of where you bet! Bet365 are the worst for that in my view, although everyone has different experiences. (My max bet on Hutarovich for tomorrow's stage is €2 at 3/1)

The problem is that cycling is a very small sport and most companies probably don't have a dedicated trader so they automatically stop anyone who generally wins money.
It is indeed a problem everywhere, but my impression is that bet365 only limits to the ridiculeous like with you aparantly if people has tried to play unfair bets. Play already decided bets, bets right after crashes inplay and so on, constantly playing against nonstarters in matchups etc. So perhaps thats the reason, but I might also be wrong, but anyways yes they also limit fair winning players fairly hard. For some reason their inplay limits are a lot higher than pregame though also for those (like me).

Last edited by MADRAZO; 03-18-12 at 20:39.
Old 03-18-12, 21:23

Quote:
It is indeed a problem everywhere, but my impression is that bet365 only limits to the ridiculeous like with you aparantly if people has tried to play unfair bets. Play already decided bets, bets right after crashes inplay and so on, constantly playing against nonstarters in matchups etc. So perhaps thats the reason, but I might also be wrong, but anyways yes they also limit fair winning players fairly hard. For some reason their inplay limits are a lot higher than pregame though also for those (like me).
Yeah that's understandable but my bets have always been fair! I just use Pinnacle now - as said before they copy B365 match bets with better odds and higher limits anyway. I'll check B365 in-play during the week.

All in all though for a UK-punter B365 is probably the best place to go for cycling bets.
Old 03-19-12, 21:03

Catalunya stage 2 (all Bet365, all very small stakes)

Hesjedal > Jordi Simon @ 1,75 7/10
Valverde > Dan Martin @ 1,65 6,5/10
Zaugg > Rohregger @ 2,20 6,5/10 (
S Sanchez > LL Sanchez @ 2,20 6,5/10
Roberts > Mori @ 2 6/10
Van den Broeck > Brajkovic @ 1,75 5,5/10
Poulhiès > Galdos @ 2 5,5/10
Apollonio > Davis @ 2,20 5/10

combo Hesjedal > Simon + Zaugg > Rohregger @ 3,85 5/10

Best of luck!
Old 03-24-12, 02:56

Quote:
The cycling world can be quite small, and I guess it's much harder to influence a race after it's started.
Old 04-01-12, 06:55

Small bets at big prices

Langeveld, Leukemans and Westra.
Old 04-02-12, 08:05

My two big bets involve Sam Sanchez
10pts to beat Frank Schleck 4/7 VC Bet

Right first i fancy him beat kloden, kloden looks out shape and it is a decent sized bet at 4pts, but iv taken out the account and lashed it on the 4/7 to beat frank schleck, frank looked out shorts in crit and it would take huge improvement to beat sam on home roads, this is a rider good neough to get time gap in the volta last week, something on one on other stages managed will take time in the tt too.

4pts to beat kloden 7/10 VC Bet
Old 04-07-12, 09:52

Todays final stage of tour of Basque

Stage 6 - Tour of Basques

Its a challenging tt yet the form should stay true.

One again im going big and i dont mind two big bets on the tt matchebts, two 4/7s Sam sanchez such a talented lad, can ride solid tt, kiserlovski will no doubt be tired from todays antics up the road, nordhaug broke free of henao he is doing well in the colder weather with his allergies under control.

10pts Sam Sanchez to beat Kiserlovski 4/7 BetVictor
10pts Nordhuag to beat Henao 4/7 BetVictor

5pts The Field v T.martin 2/1 VC Bet

Tony Martin has said he is not sure about this tt he has done bit recon, their are some crazy hills at start and finish, it may also rain making things more tricky, his head might not be in this as he see's other races as more important targets for him. He should not even be odds on favourite this is a 2/1 bet on something that shouldnt be more than evens
Old 04-09-12, 21:19

Really good tips, manafana. Sadly I saw them too late!