PaPa - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 07-09-10, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrecul View Post
Ewan McEwan???? Youre sihtting me....
Is having two last names as hillbilly overseas as having two first names in the states?

'Only once did clenbuterol show up in 83,203 animal samples tested by EU countries in 2008 and 2009, says the European Commission's directorate for health and consumer policy. Spain tested 19,431 samples in those years; none was positive for the drug.'
Old 07-20-10, 20:14
Banned

Nick Nuyens (Rabobank) became a daddy for the second time. His wife and ex-cyclist Evy Van Damme has given birth to a son and is named Storm. The two already have a child of 1.5 years old, Star.

With the birth of his second child receives the 30-year-old cyclist at last some good news. Last week, the manager of Rabobank did let Nick know that there will be no new contract for him for next year.

www.GVA.be
Old 07-20-10, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryaguas View Post
Uffff so everybody having childrens =D
I was thinking sorta the same. Big biking baby boom!

Say that ten times really fast...
Old 07-20-10, 20:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAOTEC View Post
Nick Nuyens (Rabobank) became a daddy for the second time. His wife and ex-cyclist Evy Van Damme has given birth to a son and is named Storm. The two already have a child of 1.5 years old, Star.

With the birth of his second child receives the 30-year-old cyclist at last some good news. Last week, the manager of Rabobank did let Nick know that there will be no new contract for him for next year.

www.GVA.be
LAD that is all

But there was a problem: it wouldn't take sh^t from anyone.
Old 07-30-10, 11:27
Banned

Amazing victory by Damiano Cunego: on 30 July at 0,15 am , Lampre-Farnese Vini's cyclist became father for the second time.
In Verona his wife Margherita gave birth to Cristian, a male of 3,4 kg of weight: mother and son are in perfect health condition.
Cunego was reached by the news while he was with the team in San Sebastian, where on Saturday he'll take part in Clasica San Sebastian: "The waiting has been hard, but now I'm very happy. I'm far away from Margherita, my first daughter Ludovica and my son Cristian, but I'm in contact with them by phone. It will be great to race on Saturday with the joy in my heart, I'm sure I'll perform a great competition".

Galbusera family, Giuseppe Saronni and the whole team Lampre-Farnese Vini congratulates Damiano Cunego, his wife Margherita and the daughter Ludovica for the birth of Cristian, wishing a happy future. (Tuttobiciweb)
Old 07-30-10, 13:24
Banned

Also Mauricio Soler (Geox?) and his wife Patty had their first baby yesterday. The child is named after a famous Colombian climber.
But the name has not been made public yet.
Old 07-30-10, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadDane View Post
I was thinking sorta the same. Big biking baby boom!

Say that ten times really fast...
9 months back was october...
Old 07-30-10, 14:08

It's astonishing that these guys can actually father children bearing in mind the amount of punishment their testicles receive.
Old 07-30-10, 15:53

An ex team-mate of mine had to be forcibly dissuaded from calling his son Storm. Good decision Mr Bruin.
Old 07-30-10, 16:28

Giving the first son the same name as the father is something that can be found in many cultures, even more in years gone by. And before Napoleon made us pick proper surnames, "Jimmy" would be known locally as "Jimmy, son of Jimmy", to make things ueber clear to the guys on the village green that you weren't talking about "Jimmy". Who had been, of course, also "a son of Jimmy" in his days.

So there are plenty "Jimmy McJimmy" "Jimmy O'Jimmy" "Jimmy Jimmyson" "Jimmy Jimmyszoon", etc, to be found all over Europe.

It's a habit that is dying out, now you pick something "unique" that even the hippies in the 60s were too sane for. But people don't always realize how far back these same-name-as-the-father lines can go if you "keep the habit".

My parents unbeknownst to them revived a family tradition as a technical two fingers up to the Roman Church, when they picked my granddad's name. But I was stunned to see that family name in a straight line all the way back throughout the official Dutch records, to around 1600. There is something nice about that.

And congrats to the McEwens.