Klöden named in Freiburg report - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-13-09, 13:22
mr. tibbs's Avatar
mr. tibbs mr. tibbs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,851
Default Klöden named in Freiburg report

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...y09/may13news3

Curses!

Discuss.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-09, 13:23
rolfrae's Avatar
rolfrae rolfrae is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 323
Default

Is anybody surprised? No. The only surprise is that he got away with it for so long, given that most of his peer group has since been uncovered one way or another. Great publicity at a time when Lance and Johan are seeking new sponsors.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-09, 13:25
BroDeal BroDeal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Above 5000 feet
Posts: 12,937
Default

What about the other riders who went to Freiburg in the early days of the 2006 TdF to get transfusions?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-09, 14:28
jsmayer181 jsmayer181 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Default Another One Bites the Dust

The list of riders who shared podium spots with Lance Armstrong at the Tour de France who have not been officially implicated or santioned now stands at two. Can you guess?

http://americanflyers.wordpress.com/...-on-an-island/
__________________
Jeff Mayer
American Flyers Blog
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-09, 14:46
Biciclette Bianchi Biciclette Bianchi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmayer181 View Post
Can you guess?
Beloki and Leipheimer?


Dave
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-13-09, 15:03
Susan Westemeyer's Avatar
Susan Westemeyer Susan Westemeyer is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
What about the other riders who went to Freiburg in the early days of the 2006 TdF to get transfusions?
According to the report, only Klöden and Kessler went, at least on the evening of the first stage.

Susan

Edit: and SInkewitz, too, of course.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-13-09, 15:07
BroDeal BroDeal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Above 5000 feet
Posts: 12,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
According to the report, only Klöden and Kessler went, at least on the evening of the first stage.

Susan

Edit: and SInkewitz, too, of course.
I thought Sinkewitz said five or six riders went with him, which would be either the whole team or the whole team minus one.

It is interesting that only Kessler, who is already positve, and Kloden, who had his "vitamin" shipments reported, get thrown under the bus.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-13-09, 15:15
Jamsque's Avatar
Jamsque Jamsque is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: York, UK
Posts: 5,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmayer181 View Post
The list of riders who shared podium spots with Lance Armstrong at the Tour de France who have not been officially implicated or santioned now stands at two. Can you guess?

http://americanflyers.wordpress.com/...-on-an-island/
I'm interested that someone else thought of doing this, I had a look at exactly the same thing a few months ago.

Does it not cast suspicion on Lance that everyone he beat at Le Tour was on drugs? Are we meant to believe that he was squeaky clean and kicked the *** of guys who were doped up to their eyeballs?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-13-09, 15:16
pmcg76 pmcg76 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,974
Default

No surprises here,

Who were the first 2 riders to jump ship when Bob Stapelton decided to introduce stricter anti doping controls at T-Mobile, thats right Klodi and Kessler, where did they go, thats right Astana, team of Vinokourov, Kaschekin, nuff said.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-13-09, 15:24
Zoncolan's Avatar
Zoncolan Zoncolan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsque View Post
I'm interested that someone else thought of doing this, I had a look at exactly the same thing a few months ago.

Does it not cast suspicion on Lance that everyone he beat at Le Tour was on drugs? Are we meant to believe that he was squeaky clean and kicked the *** of guys who were doped up to their eyeballs?
Of course. He's superman, right?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.