• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question hidden topics in subforum thread list

Currently, when you are browsing topics in a subforum, the topics that are posted by people on your ignore list, will not show up. As if you wanting to ignore one person, is the same as you wanting to ignore an entire thread with posts from dozens of people about any specific subject. Like an important race, or an important rider thread. Obviously this is not the case. Just because i have some forum members on my ignore list, doesn't mean i am not interested in the topic for a certain monument or GT stage, in case this was created by the one of those members.

It also leads to confusion and duplicate threads, because you might think there is no topic for a certain event, and it turns out there already is, but it was simply invisible to you.

I have made this request two or so years ago in a general "forum" topic, but since the issue was either ignored or forgotten, i will try again.

At the bottom of the page of each subforum, in the thread list, there is an option to "Show ignored content". Clicking this link, triggers a javascript that one time unhides the topics that were created by people on your ignore list. Obviously all that is needed to resolve the issue is for someone with access, to have the same script triggered every time the subforum is loaded. So in the base template for topic views, the script has to be triggered on page load. On the regular pages, within each topic, which use a different template, the script does not have to be triggered on page load.

At the bottom of the page of each subforum, in the thread list, there is an option to "Show ignored content". Clicking this link, triggers a javascript that one time unhides the topics that were created by people on your ignore list. Obviously all that is needed to resolve the issue is for someone with access, to have the same script triggered every time the subforum is loaded. So in the base template for topic views, the script has to be triggered on page load. On the regular pages, within each topic, which use a different template, the script does not have to be triggered on page load.
It'd be useful in that case to also have it trigger for searches, including for the "New posts" page: https://forum.cyclingnews.com/whats-new/posts