• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Butterfly Effect

Page 202 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me it just seems like they're gonna try to get him in a good but not perfect shape and just see what happens. Vingegaard is obviously motivated. If he's not good enough then there's La Vuelta. And I only think they'll take him out if he gets worse during the race.
The Tour will be decided in the last week, it's very backloaded. If he starts the Tour in good shape, and he is able to improve in the first 2 weeks and peak in the last week, then it could even be very beneficial for him.

Everyone is like can he get back to his best? But hear this, what if he comes back even stronger!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwTsUfGeshY
Tactically analysis might not be the forte of the cycling Dane, but I totally agree it's better to focus on 2025.

With that said nothing about these last seasons makes me believe it's impossible to even win this year. It's just unneccessarily stupid and risky lol.

This dude is extraordinary, he recovers like nobody and that is the reason why he is a two time Tour de France winner. If someone is able to get this setback and comeback in a record time,that man is the fisherman! I still don't see him winning the Tour but Vuelta is very possible.

This dude is extraordinary, he recovers like nobody and that is the reason why he is a two time Tour de France winner. If someone is able to get this setback and comeback in a record time,that man is the fisherman! I still don't see him winning the Tour but Vuelta is very possible.
You're confusing recovery from the aerobic and anaerobic efforts with recovery from sustained physical damages. Can he recover from cancer too?

The Tour will be decided in the last week, it's very backloaded. If he starts the Tour in good shape, and he is able to improve in the first 2 weeks and peak in the last week, then it could even be very beneficial for him.
To be able to do that, you need a very solid base. Not sure, if he can manage to get a very solid base until end of June, given the circumstances. Exactely that was Pogi's problem last year (at least one of his problems).

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and Froome
Exactly. I'm pretty sure Vingegaard will be in a good shape at the start of the Tour (if participating). BUT.... As Evenepoel was in a good shape at the start of the Giro 21, as Pogacar was in a good shape at the start of the Tour 23. Both without the perfect basis. Then a relapse always follows. The same will happen with Vingegaard.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
So 50 days till the start and currently Jonas on some light training. Nah, that is too little time to get into Tour winning shape. Unless the plan is to get in reasonable shape and then to try to be there and see on how it goes. That is to try to leverage from other favourites potentiality having some issues. We'll see.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Exactly. I'm pretty sure Vingegaard will be in a good shape at the start of the Tour (if participating). BUT.... As Evenepoel was in a good shape at the start of the Giro 21, as Pogacar was in a good shape at the start of the Tour 23. Both without the perfect basis. Then a relapse always follows. The same will happen with Vingegaard.
Like i said, Pogacar just had a bad day, and hear something about stomach issues. He didn't fade during all the third week

Like i said, Pogacar just had a bad day, and hear something about stomach issues. He didn't fade during all the third week
Of course he did. Even during the first two weeks it was obvious Poga was good, but not at top level. Then he had the logical relapse at the and of the Tour. Himself and his team of course never admitted it was due to the (not ideal) preparation. For "clarity". Poga wil also have a difficult last week in the Tour to come. Due to his efforts in the Giro (and the not perfect preparation for the Tour). Not as bad as last year. But given the fact that Vingegaard will not be at his best (or even not participating), that Roglic is allmost 35, that Evenepoel will have a few bad days, Pogacar could still win the Tour.

Of course he did. Even during the first two weeks it was obvious Poga was good, but not at top level. Then he had the logical relapse at the and of the Tour. Himself and his team of course never admitted it was due to the (not ideal) preparation. For "clarity". Poga wil also have a difficult last week in the Tour to come. Due to his efforts in the Giro (and the not perfect preparation for the Tour). Not as bad as last year. But given the fact that Vingegaard will not be at his best (or even not participating), that Roglic is allmost 35, that Evenepoel will have a few bad days, Pogacar could still win the Tour.
I don't know if it's true, because they were saying he was doing better perfomances than in 2022.

Tactically analysis might not be the forte of the cycling Dane, but I totally agree it's better to focus on 2025.

With that said nothing about these last seasons makes me believe it's impossible to even win this year. It's just unneccessarily stupid and risky lol.
What risk?

Nobody is talking about racing Vingegaard when he's not healthy

You just try the Tour, if it doesn't work, you ride it in service of the Vuelta later

Reactions: noob