• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lost my account...

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone else have this happen?

I may have entered my password incorrect a couple dozen times, but the send password feature didn't recognize me anymore. I could start this new account on the same email address. Or that's what it seems like.

Does the forum delete accounts in little crashes? Do bans not get communicated? Perhaps I was naughty.

Cheers!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
What was the name of your original account? I'll create a randomly generated password for it and can email or pm it to you (whichever you prefer).

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Cheers Afrank, I got your message with temporary password.

I see I used a different email address than I though I had.

On this fresh account not allowed to respond to your private message (a bit odd), I am forced to write again here.

I seem to be stuck in a loop. I need to do the captcha login as I've mis-typed my login too often, and then (in multiple browsers) get sent back to the same screen.
Also I can't have a re-activation email be sent, as I'm already activated.

Rather than accepting the temporary password, the forum is still upset about me having messed up before.

Not sure what to do, sorry for the trouble!

J

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Is the email associated with your original account one that you have access to still? If not pm me a current one and I'll have a force reactivation sent.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Alright I've sent a force reactivation to it. Let me know if it works.

Not being able to send private messages is strange, I wonder if it has to do with post account. If you prefer to do this conversation in private I can email you from now on.

Edit: Looks like you need 10 posts to send private messages. You could make a couple here to get your post count up.

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Afrank said:

Not being able to send private messages is strange, I wonder if it has to do with post account. If you prefer to do this conversation in private I can email you from now on.

Edit: Looks like you need 10 posts to send private messages. You could make a couple here to get your post count up.
Cheers, but no change. I suspect there is a software issue with locked accounts causing the loop I'm finding myself in. Even if I login in from the home page I keep being sent to the captcha login loop.
The too many incorrect login tag seems to forget to get itself deleted after re-activation?

Re: Re:

Cloxxki 2.0 said:
Afrank said:

Cheers, but no change. I suspect there is a software issue with locked accounts causing the loop I'm finding myself in. Even if I login in from the home page I keep being sent to the captcha login loop.
The too many incorrect login tag seems to forget to get itself deleted after re-activation?
Try to use chrome, firefox or opera as your browser and delete all cookies, stored passwords ect. Maybe that will help? idk

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I've contacted development (Sam from KB's post) will let you know what I hear back. I have to leave to do some stuff now but am going to keep trying to get this fixed.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
success_baby.jpg

:D

Make sure to change your password from the one I randomly generated.