• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Photo of profile disappears in a few days???

I put up a profile of a bike ride I did recently in Colorado going door to door from Dillon, CO up Loveland Pass, up Guanella Pass, back up Loveland Pass and home.

The profile posted but then disappeared in 2 or 3 days. I reposted the profile and it again disappeared. And again. Finally, the reply will not allow Me to repost the profile.

It's on the last page in the thread, Post your bike rides profiles.
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18636&page=6

Why is the photo / profile disappearing? Is it a copyright thing. Am I breaking any rules? Is the size bad for the site. Are the climbs too hard?

Any help understanding why the profile disappears will help Me use the forum better.

Thanks,

The GCW

The GCW said:
I put up a profile of a bike ride I did recently in Colorado going door to door from Dillon, CO up Loveland Pass, up Guanella Pass, back up Loveland Pass and home.

The profile posted but then disappeared in 2 or 3 days. I reposted the profile and it again disappeared. And again. Finally, the reply will not allow Me to repost the profile.

It's on the last page in the thread, Post your bike rides profiles.
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18636&page=6

Why is the photo / profile disappearing? Is it a copyright thing. Am I breaking any rules? Is the size bad for the site. Are the climbs too hard?

Any help understanding why the profile disappears will help Me use the forum better.

Thanks,

The GCW
the forum is innocent. Simply your profile doesn't exist anymore in GPSvisualizer. There profiles get deleted after a while. If you wanna make them stay, you have to download them and then upload'em in other sites like for istance imageshack.