• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 356 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hey Rick, you know we discussed about your impending retirement once your contract ends up at the end of the season. What about hanging up the wheels inmediately with a nice payment to make room for Joe?
I believe they first asked Froome about it but ultimately went for Zabel.

"Yes mate, I'm fine with it, all for a fellow brit. Just let me win my 5th Tour first, then I hang my wheels"

Not an official rumour but given the comments by Arensman’s father about the Ineos trainers I think it’s safe to say he’ll be leaving as his contract expires at the end of this season.
Arensman brought his personal coach Dajo Sanders with him from DSM towards Ineos. Sanders training & nutrition worked wonders for Tao Geoghegan Hart last year who had been nurtured by him as well.

A bit strange that Arensman suddenly has problems with overt raining etc. One would think both Arensman & Sanders know his issues with not getting his diesel motor immediately started and have figured out how to prevent it from occurring this drastically.

Dajo Sanders isn't related to the infamous Wim Sanders & Rutger Sanders is he!?

Last edited:
FDJ-SUEZ boss Stephen Delcourt talks about Grace Brown situation, Evita Muzic development and Demi Vollering/Specialized link.

https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.co...-have-two-riders-like-this-says-fdj-suez-boss

After reading the interview I am not so sure that Vollering will join FDJ: Delcourt is fully aware of how important stability is, and he certainly won’t walk away from the long-term project that he and Muzic have established. She’s the present and future of French stage racing and for a French squad, it’s vital that her leadership is secured.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
FDJ-SUEZ boss Stephen Delcourt talks about Grace Brown situation, Evita Muzic development and Demi Vollering/Specialized link.

https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.co...-have-two-riders-like-this-says-fdj-suez-boss

After reading the interview I am not so sure that Vollering will join FDJ: Delcourt is fully aware of how important stability is, and he certainly won’t walk away from the long-term project that he and Muzic have established. She’s the present and future of French stage racing and for a French squad, it’s vital that her leadership is secured.
That might not mean that there's any problem with Vollering joining - just that if Vollering did join, then Uttrup and Cavalli would likely have to be sacrificed to allow Muzic a satisfactory amount of races for herself.

That might not mean that there's any problem with Vollering joining - just that if Vollering did join, then Uttrup and Cavalli would likely have to be sacrificed to allow Muzic a satisfactory amount of races for herself.
That's true. But at the same time if Vollering and Muzic are in the same race, Vollering is in my eyes the strongest of them right now and thus be the captain in the race. Although Muzic might catch up in the next couple of years.

The Problem I see is, that Vollering and Muzic are targeting the same races (Ardennes Classics and GTs).
Also Vollering mentioned that she wants to race all three GTs in one year and probably wants to win all of them.

So let's hope if Vollering joins FDJ, they don't screw up Muzic development and give her a free role alongside Vollering.

That's true. But at the same time if Vollering and Muzic are in the same race, Vollering is in my eyes the strongest of them right now and thus be the captain in the race. Although Muzic might catch up in the next couple of years.

The Problem I see is, that Vollering and Muzic are targeting the same races (Ardennes Classics and GTs).
Also Vollering mentioned that she wants to race all three GTs in one year and probably wants to win all of them.

So let's hope if Vollering joins FDJ, they don't screw up Muzic development and give her a free role alongside Vollering.
It would depend how they work together. Certainly Marlen Reusser hasn't been handicapped from teaming with Vollering despite the overlap in their target races. The issue is that at present the team has three riders who have significant overlap in their targets, and would be adding another - it's a lot of pressure expended on a particular part of the calendar with all of their leaders having similar racing type profiles.

Muzic for her part needs to learn to be better placed and not caught behind splits and things like that in early stages to lose time before they reach the mountains if she wants to be able to fully capitalise on her potential.

Muzic for her part needs to learn to be better placed and not caught behind splits and things like that in early stages to lose time before they reach the mountains if she wants to be able to fully capitalise on her potential.

I think that's just as much of an FDJ problem than it is a Muzic issue though. Their race tactics are also among the reasons why I'm not fully convinced that Vollering moving to FDJ would be a great idea for her. If they could get Reusser to join her, that might change things.

It seems now is the season for parents to talk about their cycling offspring - Little Lenny M's dad updates us with the transfer rumours -
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...tinezs-father-about-his-sons-transfer-options
"Three teams want him. There is nothing definitive with Bahrain, contrary to what is said. There are also Visma and Ineos," revealed Miguel Martinez to Ouest-France, before adding: "The priority of Lenny would be to stay at Groupama - FDJ."
"We talk about it with his agent, who manages the financial aspect, he continued. I highlight the lifestyle and who will be the best riders able to support him to be the best climber in the long run."

According to Miguel, the possibility of Lenny remaining in Marc Madiot's team cannot be ruled out, quite the contrary. "At Groupama, Gaudu encourages and congratulates Lenny," said Miguel Martinez. "My son appreciates that. His team, which really offers less financially, tries to make an effort. Recently, Lenny told me: 'Even with two times less (than Bahrain), I prefer to stay at Groupama - FDJ.'"

Original article behind a paywall at https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/c...pama-fdj-b0d21ca8-0a3f-11ef-943a-cd1e31449f57

Reactions: Hell-G