• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

There is a backlash in the rear derailleur

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello! I have equipment compagnolo record titanium! There is a backlash in the rear derailleur. On the picture.
Can you do something or just buy a new one? Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia. Thanks!

[URL = HTTPS: //ibb.co/FgNKfHZ]
 URL]

Last edited:
Is the backlash from the dreailer or the hub? In my experience the hub is the culprit even though you see the the derailer 'kicking' (the freewheel isn't coasting so it pulls the chain which pulls the drailer). I'd say pop the freewheel apart, clean it, lube it, and then see how things work.

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Is the backlash from the dreailer or the hub? In my experience the hub is the culprit even though you see the the derailer 'kicking' (the freewheel isn't coasting so it pulls the chain which pulls the drailer). I'd say pop the freewheel apart, clean it, lube it, and then see how things work.

Thank you very much! I will do so)