Register

Swear filter problem

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

30 Nov 2011 16:41

When is Pakstan going to be removed from the filter? It's a pain to bypass it every single time.
ramjambunath

02 Oct 2012 23:11

+1 to the requests to sort the filter out a bit. There are a lot of references being made to **** Pound at the moment and parsing the asterisks gives me a headache. It's the guy's NAME fer crying out loud.
User avatar Zora_DB

03 Oct 2012 01:03

I beg to differ from some of the comments. True, curse words are used daily by persons in general, however, a working person (like myself) doesn't hear it all day long in every sentence or two (unless you're a sailor???), so I don't see a comparison with the Forum. What I mean is, some of the threads are so filled with asterisks and creative ways of expressing the words, so that they don't get filtered, that once I stopped reading the Forum altogether for a while before coming back, and sometimes I'm tempted to leave again. Meanwhile, I've developed a way to read the comments.

I'm not an emotionally uptight retard who lives in a fantasy world though. I'm glad for the filter and I don't think the filter is offensive. Just sayin'.
User avatar Microchip

03 Oct 2012 02:44

Zora_DB wrote:+1 to the requests to sort the filter out a bit. There are a lot of references being made to **** Pound at the moment and parsing the asterisks gives me a headache. It's the guy's NAME fer crying out loud.

Certainly the f word and a few others of equal status are going to be censored.

But really....d1ck? Aside from being someone's name it's only a silly insult, it isn't reeeaaally offensive is it?
It's up there with poopy pants for heaven's sake. Back in my moderating days (not here) I would use the filter.... let's just say, differently.

d1ck = Richard
a$$hole = icehole

etc
User avatar FitSsikS

03 Oct 2012 03:10

All this, and "cocksucker" gets by with ease.
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

03 Oct 2012 03:11

FitSsikS wrote:Certainly the f word and a few others of equal status are going to be censored.

But really....d1ck? Aside from being someone's name it's only a silly insult, it isn't reeeaaally offensive is it?
It's up there with poopy pants for heaven's sake. Back in my moderating days (not here) I would use the filter.... let's just say, differently.

d1ck = Richard
a$$hole = icehole

etc

D**k doesn't go, but ****, huge ****, great big 'ole ****, ****, ****, ****...all perfectly fine. Strange. I am betting my days of being able to type in "****" and not have it show up as **** are numbered.
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

03 Oct 2012 03:50

The Penis Pound problem is unacceptable. :)
I am not a plant. I am a human being.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

15 Apr 2013 16:12

Why can I not post links to articles about Ding **** the Witch is dead being number 2?

Seriously
The only good is knowledge, the only evil is ignorance.
TheGame

puzzled?

15 Apr 2013 16:33

i'm puzzled i am not allowed to post the word F A G for cigarette

but CN news item re kimmage speaking about cycling ireland includes

the full word F U C + E D

why such different rules for forum members?

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Previous

Return to About the forum