Log in:  

Register

The Hitch 10,000th post thread! - Congratulations!

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

The Hitch 10,000th post thread! - Congratulations!

18 Dec 2011 09:22

"It's less than five months to the start of the 2012 Giro d'Italia in Herning, and the build-up to the corsa rosa continues to gather pace with the launch of the publicity campaign for the event billed as the world's toughest race in the world's most beautiful place.

Opening the Giro to the wider world and the reaching out to that global audience by way of social media are set to be two of the key themes of new director Michele Acquarone's first year at the helm.

The sleeves and collar of the new maglia rosa will be decorated with tweets from riders and fans alike about what the hallowed jersey signifies to them, while the very design of the jersey was chosen via a Facebook poll.

In another new departure, the models who will grace the race's official posters were selected from the Giro's global band of tifosi by way of a competition launched on the race's official Facebook page in November to find the "next pink fighters" - cycling fans with a particular passion for the values espoused by the three weeks of racing in Italy every May.

The three lucky winners were Asbjørn Johansen from Norway, Ivan Cvpd from Spain and Italy's own Andrea Ponta."

So Hitch; we've narrowed your true identity down to three possibilities. Are you Asbjorn, Ivan or Andrea?

:p
In top grade professional cycling (and in life) it is virtually impossible to be a major winner whilst being 100% clean (or honest). Most GC GT riders are simply doing what they love whilst playing the game.

I'm a huge Kloden fan (or a Klodist) - despite the fact that he rode for Telekom/T-Mobile, Astana and Radioshack :)

Contador at Fuente De - I salute you!

Germany 7 Brazil 1 :D
User avatar gregrowlerson
Member
 
Posts: 1,572
Joined: 06 Aug 2010 05:46

The Hitch 10,000th post thread! - Congratulations!

18 Dec 2011 23:34

The Hitch 10,000th post thread! - Congratulations!

A similar thread was made for me where everyone either got to congratulate me or take the **** out of me. I think we need a thread for The Hitch's milestone post mark.

FYI, he's not there yet and we certainly hope he doesn't start deleting posts to make me look like an idiot for making this thread.:p

Better make it a good post The Hitch!
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

19 Dec 2011 01:43

Its just not the same a 2nd time.

Everyone knows Niel Armstrong, Roger Bannister, Edmund Hillary.

From the 2nd places I only know Buzz Aldrin (or was it the other guy).

Ill try to catch you by 40 000 ;)

Ps, Im going to sleep now, and holding out hope that a 10 000th post will go into a "Alberto Contador cleared" thread:p
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,556
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

19 Dec 2011 03:35

Wasn't Tenzing > Hillary?
Ferminal
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,909
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

19 Dec 2011 04:21

Ferminal wrote:Wasn't Tenzing > Hillary?


Yes Ferminal you are correct! :-0
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,283
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

19 Dec 2011 06:53

OMG, ACF, I never before realized you have like 15k posts. No wonder Cadel won this time. He must have felt that extra little push of energy from all your postings. Phenomenal!

As for The Hitch - one more post to go, my man, make it count. And congrats - that's a lot of (mostly) cycling talk.

PS. And it looks like I'm only - but exactly - 8000 posts behind you. :p
2016: Year of the Red Fire Monkey
User avatar Maxiton
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,833
Joined: 14 May 2010 15:24
Location: Northern California

19 Dec 2011 09:27

The Hitch wrote:Its just not the same a 2nd time.

Everyone knows Niel Armstrong, Roger Bannister, Edmund Hillary.

From the 2nd places I only know Buzz Aldrin (or was it the other guy).


Amundsen is probably a lot more famous, but I'd say Scott is fairly known as well.
User avatar boomcie
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,806
Joined: 15 Feb 2011 10:15
Location: Belgium

19 Dec 2011 09:54

The Hitch wrote:Its just not the same a 2nd time.

Everyone knows Niel Armstrong, Roger Bannister, Edmund Hillary.

From the 2nd places I only know Buzz Aldrin (or was it the other guy).

Ill try to catch you by 40 000 ;)

Ps, Im going to sleep now, and holding out hope that a 10 000th post will go into a "Alberto Contador cleared" thread:p


Fair enough, But I thought you deserved a slap on the back ;)
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

19 Dec 2011 11:20

We really need an epic write up to celebrate The Hitch's 10,000th post and Lord knows I'm not the person to do it!
RIP Wouter Weylandt - 27 September 1984 – 9 May 2011.

RIP Xavier Tondó Volpini - 5 November 1978 – 23 May 2011

RIP John aka theswordsman - 2 July 1957 - 1 August 2011

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.
User avatar craig1985
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,316
Joined: 06 May 2009 09:55
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

19 Dec 2011 14:09

My condolences, Hitch.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran
 
Posts: 15,171
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

19 Dec 2011 14:36

hrotha wrote:My condolences, Hitch.


that :p [color="White"]fsgfsf[/color]
User avatar Parrulo
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,233
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

19 Dec 2011 15:07

Congrats@ The Hitch.

I think most of it wasn't like "Cadel crash" "Crash" "Attack" "Gap now 10 sec, 12 sec, 14 sec, 9 sec" "lefthander now" " "I hate Lance, look I am awesome"

So, take this as compliment. Quality is more important than quantity I think. You are one of a few who can do both at the same time.

You just have to get rid of that excessive Giro-love, which includes Tour-hate and boring redundant devaluating of everything that is not the Giro or a Giro mountain. The only thing that I have to critizise.
Just imagine that you can love all races, all Gts, as long as they are not on same date. Just imagine that there are people out there who are able to follow and love both, a race in Mai and in Juli. Wow.

Finally, you should be very happy with my praise. Believe me. :D
‘I liked him. He was as tough as nails. Mentally...the toughest person I have ever come across’
User avatar Cobblestoned
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,169
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 17:20
Location: Not from Germany

19 Dec 2011 19:28

Over ten thousand posts!
One hundred forty-five threads started!
Wow! If this were a group ride, you'd never have to buy your own round.
Nice pace, Lad.
En la tierra de los ciegos, el tuerto es rey.
User avatar Quixote
Junior Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: 01 Sep 2011 01:27
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

19 Dec 2011 21:27

you need to go out more :P
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,161
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

19 Dec 2011 21:28

Cobblestoned wrote:Congrats@ The Hitch.

I think most of it wasn't like "Cadel crash" "Crash" "Attack" "Gap now 10 sec, 12 sec, 14 sec, 9 sec" "lefthander now" " "I hate Lance, look I am awesome"

So, take this as compliment. Quality is more important than quantity I think. You are one of a few who can do both at the same time.

You just have to get rid of that excessive Giro-love, which includes Tour-hate and boring redundant devaluating of everything that is not the Giro or a Giro mountain. The only thing that I have to critizise.
Just imagine that you can love all races, all Gts, as long as they are not on same date. Just imagine that there are people out there who are able to follow and love both, a race in Mai and in Juli. Wow.

Finally, you should be very happy with my praise. Believe me. :D


what the **** is wrong with iI giro?
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,161
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

19 Dec 2011 21:43

This feels a bit like my birthday. Lots of people congratulating me, and I don't really know why:p

Thanks for the messages nonetheless.

Quixote wrote:Over ten thousand posts!
One hundred forty-five threads started!
Wow! If this were a group ride, you'd never have to buy your own round.
Nice pace, Lad.


145. Wow. Thanks for the stat. I did start the thread for the majority of stages in 3 straight gts though, so I guess it works out.

ACF has got me owned in that regard though. This is his 263rd by my count.

Zam_Olyas wrote:you need to go out more :P


I d go out, honest. I'm one of those students who does absolutely no work other than staying up all night writing an essay the day it is due. So I have so much free time, I might as well spend it here.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,556
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

19 Dec 2011 22:48

Zam_Olyas wrote:you need to go out more :P


Says the person always on twitter.:p
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

19 Dec 2011 22:53

auscyclefan94 wrote:Says the person always on twitter.:p

hahaha touche!! :D
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,161
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

20 Dec 2011 01:51

hrotha wrote:My condolences, Hitch.


:D

I predict my 10,000 in the giro when slagter takes pink ;)
RIP Craig, you'll be missed friend.
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,448
Joined: 22 Jun 2009 13:44
Location: Melbourne

20 Dec 2011 11:54

I'd be very interested to see who the top poster was for this year. My post per day count at this stage last year was 24, and its come down to 18.1, so I assume I may have been doing around 14-17 for the year.

ACF meanwhile was on about 14 and now hes up to 16.5 so I guess he had to be doing 16-17 a day or some such..

Then theres the dark horse El Pistolero, who was just another occasional poster back in Novemeber or so last year, and now hes rocketed to a 5th in the all time standnings with 8000 posts, and 3rd ppd wise with 15.3

He also had an amazing 18 posts per day for the last month, while I only managed 12 and ACF 10.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,556
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

Next

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to top