Register

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Re: Re:

14 Mar 2017 18:30

Semper Fidelis wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:
aphronesis wrote:No I don't. And I said that sniper's posts may lack in terms trad history format. Or bleed too much context. But others get overly excited by that leakage and sloppy causality. None of us can say how a "thing" went, but I'm entertained by the resistance to sniper's posts and the vehemence to his (sometimes) overconnection of the dots. As perceived.

This post basically reads as "Yes, we know sniper is a troll, but he is our troll so we are fine with that and as an Armstrong apologist, we particularly enjoy that he trolls the LeMond thread hard"

The transperency is clear and the fact that Blutto and SF have been in line to agree confirms it.

As I have posted before, not all trolls are equal in the cyclingnews forum.

Also I would like to know what other posters have returned from perma-bans. I don't be here all the time so maybe I missed a few, but I cannot think of any. Was Chewie perman-banned at one time?

Leave my real name out of your post please. Or I should say edit it out please.

If not I will ask the mods to do it.

Mods have edited your name out. I didn't realise it was an issue as you posted for years under that alias. As I said I don't be here regularly so maybe I missed something.
pmcg76

14 Mar 2017 18:33

aphronesis wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:
aphronesis wrote:No I don't. And I said that sniper's posts may lack in terms trad history format. Or bleed too much context. But others get overly excited by that leakage and sloppy causality. None of us can say how a "thing" went, but I'm entertained by the resistance to sniper's posts and the vehemence to his (sometimes) overconnection of the dots. As perceived.

This post basically reads as "Yes, we know sniper is a troll, but he is our troll so we are fine with that and as an Armstrong apologist, we particularly enjoy that he trolls the LeMond thread hard"

The transperency is clear and the fact that Blutto and SF have been in line to agree confirms it.

Also I would like to know what other posters have returned from perma-bans. I don't be here all the time so maybe I missed a few, but I cannot think of any. Was Chewie perman-banned at one time?

No, the post reads as it reads. I could flip yours around and say look at the GLN fanboys piling on. But I won't. There's a difference between disagreeing with all the ways that LA's situation was handled and believing that he's a good guy let alone in the right. There's also a matter of not buying the image LM sold to the media in the 80s sorry.

That said, I don't care if sniper riles Sky,BMC fans or whomever (Astana won'tbe too bothered. As a trained historian and reaearcher I don't agree with all of sniper's methods or leaps. But they don't upset me. Period.

As to "trolls", I've never met any. There's a Camden pubcalled the Hobgoblin; maybe some there. I interact with other oeople through various media. Internet being one of them.

(@jrs, I emailed Susan. Time was that was an option people could take on themselves.)

Aphronesis has been permanently banned for arrogance, insults and trolling.

After negotiations, Aphronesis has agreed to accept all forum rules in the future, and therefore his ban has been decreased to two weeks.

Susan

Yeah - :D
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

14 Mar 2017 18:39

pmcg76 wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:

Leave my real name out of your post please. Or I should say edit it out please.

If not I will ask the mods to do it.

Mods have edited your name out. I didn't realise it was an issue as you posted for years under that alias. As I said I don't be here regularly so maybe I missed something.

Semper Fidelis had his name changed because his employer decided to do deep background checks that include searching social media and websites. His participation on this particular site is not any of his employer's business as far as I'm concerned. We would do the same for anyone.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

14 Mar 2017 18:49

pmcg76 wrote:

....let's get one thing perfectly clear you cannot call neither Aphro nor SF or myself Armstrong apologists just because we are not as thrilled with LeMond as you are....maybe that defines your bipolar world but I don't subscribe to such simplistic reductionism ( and judging from things they have said before I assume the others don't either )....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

14 Mar 2017 19:11

JackRabbitSlims wrote:
aphronesis wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:

No, the post reads as it reads. I could flip yours around and say look at the GLN fanboys piling on. But I won't. There's a difference between disagreeing with all the ways that LA's situation was handled and believing that he's a good guy let alone in the right. There's also a matter of not buying the image LM sold to the media in the 80s sorry.

That said, I don't care if sniper riles Sky,BMC fans or whomever (Astana won'tbe too bothered. As a trained historian and reaearcher I don't agree with all of sniper's methods or leaps. But they don't upset me. Period.

As to "trolls", I've never met any. There's a Camden pubcalled the Hobgoblin; maybe some there. I interact with other oeople through various media. Internet being one of them.

(@jrs, I emailed Susan. Time was that was an option people could take on themselves.)

Aphronesis has been permanently banned for arrogance, insults and trolling.

After negotiations, Aphronesis has agreed to accept all forum rules in the future, and therefore his ban has been decreased to two weeks.

Susan

Yeah - :D

....yeah that was when the young Aphro was a wild and crazy guy and ran with a bad crowd.....he has learned his lesson, done did his time, and is now mature way beyond his years....so there....like he's paid his debt to society eh....me I'm a couple of payments behind but I'm trying, very trying...

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

14 Mar 2017 19:16

blutto wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:

....let's get one thing perfectly clear you cannot call neither Aphro nor SF or myself Armstrong apologists just because we are not as thrilled with LeMond as you are....maybe that defines your bipolar world but I don't subscribe to such simplistic reductionism ( and judging from things they have said before I assume the others don't either )....

Cheers

<edited> You dont subscribe to simplistic reduction, but say that I am thrilled with LeMond :lol:

I personally dont really care for LeMond and I have said before if people believe he doped, so be it. My opinions on LeMond are not based on LeMond, but rather other athletes of that time and I have posted this multiple times. However, I do take issue with posters who spend their time trolling hard like sniper does. I have disagreed with sniper across multiple issues, not just the LeMond thread. It is however more blatant in that thread.
Last edited by Irondan on 15 Mar 2017 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: insutlts
pmcg76

14 Mar 2017 19:19

pmcg76 wrote:
blutto wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:

Cheers

Man, you are full of BS. You dont subscribe to simplistic reduction, but say that I am thrilled with LeMond :lol:

I personally dont really care for LeMond and I have said before if people believe he doped, so be it. My opinions on LeMond are not based on LeMond, but rather other athletes of that time and I have posted this multiple times. However, I do take issue with posters who spend their time trolling hard like sniper does. I have disagreed with sniper across multiple issues, not just the LeMond thread. It is however more blatant in that thread.

....if I were you I'd give your monkey a peanut quick, I see he's real hungry....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

14 Mar 2017 20:33

....if I were you I'd give your monkey a peanut quick, I see he's real hungry....

Cheers

I read it somewhat in the same nature as you did fellow "stooge" now "ClubHouse" member. But hey I also got really tired of my very well educated friend from baltimore calling some homophotovalic. So I would caution against the snap judgment to adjust mills and put rounds down range.

The rabbit is still trying to figure out why ole girl got into the hot stuff and almost O.D'd thank goodness for John Travolta and that Giant needle. Otherwise she would have been a dead one after the night of dancing and blow at the Rabbit.

Anyhow I have called up other fellow stooges on the bat line and they will be around directly.

To bad you and Aphro are Lance apologist. I really feel bad about that.

AnyWHO in classic fashion I can't wait for the sniper to get back and erect a POLL for the greatest dopers between 85 and 89.

Cheers stooges.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

14 Mar 2017 20:56

Semper Fidelis wrote:

Cheers

I read it somewhat in the same nature as you did fellow "stooge" now "ClubHouse" member. But hey I also got really tired of my very well educated friend from baltimore calling some homophotovalic. So I would caution against the snap judgment to adjust mills and put rounds down range.

The rabbit is still trying to figure out why ole girl got into the hot stuff and almost O.D'd thank goodness for John Travolta and that Giant needle. Otherwise she would have been a dead one after the night of dancing and blow at the Rabbit.

Anyhow I have called up other fellow stooges on the bat line and they will be around directly.

To bad you and Aphro are Lance apologist. I really feel bad about that.

AnyWHO in classic fashion I can't wait for the sniper to get back and erect a POLL for the greatest dopers between 85 and 89.

Cheers stooges.

Semper Fidelis had his name changed because his employer decided to do deep background checks that include searching social media and websites.

A very wise move my friend, very wise - :D

Re:

14 Mar 2017 21:55

Semper Fidelis wrote:Have a wonderful evening Friend jackrabbits. I wish you and your after hours life much success.

<edited by mods>. I could not understand a word this old man was saying.

Stay Frosty troll craft.

Thank you kind sir - still in the AM here, but I'll carry your well wishes on with me throughout the day and into the evening.

I'll let the "<edited by mods>" reference slide this time around Pal....normally I'd report such a disgusting reference.

15 Mar 2017 01:26

#Ponyboy

#OAR ftw
"It's a bit like the whole chimp thing," Sir Bradley Wigans
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

15 Mar 2017 11:44

JackRabbitSlims wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:Have a wonderful evening Friend jackrabbits. I wish you and your after hours life much success.

<edited by mods>. I could not understand a word this old man was saying.

Stay Frosty troll craft.

Thank you kind sir - still in the AM here, but I'll carry your well wishes on with me throughout the day and into the evening.

I'll let the "<edited by mods>" reference slide this time around Pal....normally I'd report such a disgusting reference.

.....funny, but not that long ago I had been thinking just the very same thing....and have to add, gee, how very big of you , considering....and I mean that in the good sense.... :D

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

17 Mar 2017 17:52

Not much longer and Sniper will be back.

Sure the fanboys are getting their report trigger fingers ready.
Veteran

Re:

17 Mar 2017 17:55

blackcat wrote:#Ponyboy

#OAR ftw

That was classic Old days BlackCat. For a minute I thought we were back on the cycling fantasy game williprono. Maybe that name is wrong.
Veteran

21 Mar 2017 23:34

I think the thread "Dave Brailsford- cycling genius" disappeared from the fora

subforum

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25932&start=1260&hilit=diffused
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

22 Mar 2017 00:01

folks, take a deep breath, it is visible.
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Re:

22 Mar 2017 01:23

blackcat wrote:folks, take a deep breath, it is visible.

:surprised:
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

22 Mar 2017 12:43

The thread disappears and reappears, much like the UCI rulebook.

@Irondan, do you have the power to permaban Brian Cookson?
Benotti69 wrote:I don't believe anything from Astana any more than Sky.
Beech Mtn

Re:

22 Mar 2017 12:45

Beech Mtn wrote:The thread disappears and reappears, much like the UCI rulebook.

@Irondan, do you have the power to permaban Brian Cookson?

If I could find him yes, but nobody seems to know where he is these days...
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

23 Mar 2017 14:41

Python is a good poster. I'll look forward to seeing him back soon.
Benotti69 wrote:I don't believe anything from Astana any more than Sky.
Beech Mtn

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum