Log in:  

Register

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: Irondan, peloton

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 14:06

blutto wrote:
Beech Mtn wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:You still can't write from two accounts at the same time. And surely it would be quicker - and not to mention easier - to simply continue writing from the same accounts, than to log out from one in order to log on with the other... Of course, I suppose some people do it in order to start an argument... :rolleyes:

---

Dan, you forgot about 'Bridget', his "wife". :p

bridgid-was the best. She had to stand up for her man. I loved that thread.



What?! I must not have been too observant of the forum when this was taking place!


Behold:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31005


....oh thank you , thank you for dredging that up.....there is some seriously real comedy gold in there....SF, a question, whatever happened to Maggie, she sounded like such a peach, and was definitely a keeper.....

....and btw several keyboards have been awarded as result of comments in that thread, posthumously of could, 'cause the thread is long dead and buried ( but still hilarious, drink and post, love child , indeed )....

....nice way to start the day....

Cheers

Maggie let me go for bigger things in her life. She was a real nice gal. I was a bit shocked to see that she had posted in my defense.

But in the end it was not my choice to make.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,673
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 14:08

RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Member
 
Posts: 1,459
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 14:10

Who's Maggie? I thought we were reminiscing about brigid, rayjwillings lovely wife? :confused:
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 5,845
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:27

fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.

Who does that though, seriously. They must be messed up in a way or another.
kingjr
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,264
Joined: 09 Sep 2012 18:53
Location: Germany

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:35

Irondan wrote:Who's Maggie? I thought we were reminiscing about brigid, rayjwillings lovely wife? :confused:

She used my account to post a reply on the brigid thread. :lol: Did you read my reply post in that thread? HAHA
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,673
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:37

kingjr wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.

Who does that though, seriously. They must be messed up in a way or another.

CheckMyPecs had a conversation with his sockpuppet.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 18,241
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:47

Semper Fidelis wrote:
Irondan wrote:Who's Maggie? I thought we were reminiscing about brigid, rayjwillings lovely wife? :confused:

She used my account to post a reply on the brigid thread. :lol: Did you read my reply post in that thread? HAHA

I remember now, but I didn't until you mentioned that.

Comedy gold! :D
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 5,845
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:48

Netserk wrote:
kingjr wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.

Who does that though, seriously. They must be messed up in a way or another.

CheckMyPecs had a conversation with his sockpuppet.

Yes, they most certainly did! On more than one occasion and in more than one thread too!
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 5,845
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

16 May 2017 09:48

fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.


Suppose that's another way to troll the forums. Have it look like two (or more) people are agreeing with some completely stupid statement, hoping that the other posters will fall into the trap of feeling the need to correct "them".

BTW: Those things I'm posting... they're not suggestions!
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,979
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Previous

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Back to top