Register

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re:

09 Jul 2017 16:14

Hayabusa wrote:Thanks to the mods for banning Billie for their disgusting comments after the Porte crash.

There a few more in that thread that, imo, need a rest ;)
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

10 Jul 2017 03:21

Hayabusa wrote:Thanks to the mods for banning Billie for their disgusting comments after the Porte crash.

Agree!

Although, the length of the ban is a weak response from the Mod team.
Should be at least for the rest of the tour....maybe even a month?

My response in that thread was an emotional, spur of the moment reaction, for that I apologise.
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

11 Jul 2017 09:26

13 days is an interesting number
Brullnux

Re:

11 Jul 2017 09:29

Brullnux wrote:13 days is an interesting number

Unlucky for some.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

11 Jul 2017 09:45

Genuine question:-
Are you (the mod / admin team) able to let us who know who has received the most bans, yet is still able to participate in the forum??

I notice thehog is once again banned for a period of time......how many times do you keep banning the same members for the same dumb chit before you kick them to the curb for good??

#getridofthedeadwoodforgood

11 Jul 2017 11:33

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. As far as I'm aware there is no easy way to tell.

I don't think there is any set number of bans, it's all assessed on what people are banned for, interactions out-with what gets them banned etc. I've not been involved in a perma-ban so can't really comment, but it's not a decision taken lightly. The majority of bans, even short ones, are discussed between the mod team members who are around at the time.
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

Re:

11 Jul 2017 11:36

King Boonen wrote:I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. As far as I'm aware there is no easy way to tell.

I don't think there is any set number of bans, it's all assessed on what people are banned for, interactions out-with what gets them banned etc. I've not been involved in a perma-ban so can't really comment, but it's not a decision taken lightly. The majority of bans, even short ones, are discussed between the mod team members who are around at the time.

Ok, thanks KB.

I thought you were involved in the Blackcat permanent ban??

Re: Re:

11 Jul 2017 11:38

JackRabbitSlims wrote:
King Boonen wrote:I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. As far as I'm aware there is no easy way to tell.

Ok, thanks KB.

I thought you were involved in the Blackcat permanent ban??

No problem.

No, that was just before I became a moderator.
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

11 Jul 2017 17:15

Kudos for moderators after deciding to ban El Trollero.
User avatar lenric

Re:

11 Jul 2017 17:17

JackRabbitSlims wrote:Genuine question:-
Are you (the mod / admin team) able to let us who know who has received the most bans, yet is still able to participate in the forum??

I notice thehog is once again banned for a period of time......how many times do you keep banning the same members for the same dumb chit before you kick them to the curb for good??

Maybe doing an advanced search and defining the parameters, though I'm not aware if it is possible to search by topic.
User avatar lenric

11 Jul 2017 21:03

thehog wrote:Notice how no one gets banned anymore since ebandit left. Best thing that could have happened to the forum IMHO.

look what happens when i post................sorry! hoggy

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re:

12 Jul 2017 13:59

I like thehogs posts. I miss blackcats and others who left. ie MrsJohnMurphy.

Just because people push the boundaries every now and again does not mean they need to be permabanned.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

12 Jul 2017 14:30

Benotti69 wrote:

Just because people push the boundaries every now and again does not mean they need to be permabanned.

Blackcat didn't "push the boundries every now and again", if he only did that he'd still be a member here.

Just to be clear, I thought Blackcat had a wealth of cycling knowledge and posted some great comments, but his insistence on consistently breaking major forum rules was his own choice and inevitable undoing. There has never, nor will there ever be again a member given as many chances to be a contributing member of the forum.

If anyone doesn't believe me, ask him for yourself on twitter.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

12 Jul 2017 17:55

Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

Blackcat didn't "push the boundries every now and again", if he only did that he'd still be a member here.

Just to be clear, I thought Blackcat had a wealth of cycling knowledge and posted some great comments, but his insistence on consistently breaking major forum rules was his own choice and inevitable undoing. There has never, nor will there ever be again a member given as many chances to be a contributing member of the forum.

You joined 2 sentences and came up with a story. :)

I did not say blackcat pushed the boundaries every now and again. I understand BC decided not to 'tone down' or 'reign in' in his style of posting and accepted the inevitable. I am in here on record saying that. I posted that i miss his posts in the clinic.

Apologies for any misunderstanding, nor was it an attack on moderation.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

12 Jul 2017 19:13

Benotti69 wrote:

The hog is a valued member of this forum, and adds color and entertainment with his posts.

PS-
hoggy, love how you decked out your roadside setup at the Tour

Beech Mtn

13 Jul 2017 06:49

Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

You joined 2 sentences and came up with a story. :)

I did not say blackcat pushed the boundaries every now and again. I understand BC decided not to 'tone down' or 'reign in' in his style of posting and accepted the inevitable. I am in here on record saying that. I posted that i miss his posts in the clinic.

Apologies for any misunderstanding, nor was it an attack on moderation.

Yeah, hog might have gone with adderalled box of rocks on that last one. More in protocol.
aphronesis
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 17:22

blutto's bannination makes no sense. I searched his past posts and he has been in the politics thread for the past 3 days. None of that was trolling was it?
No explanation? Seems weird.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 17:54

Got some good info. I think someone else from that thread was just as guilty if those are the rules.
In my opinion it was a good set up.
Nice game that was played on him.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

Re:

21 Jul 2017 17:57

Semper Fidelis wrote:blutto's bannination makes no sense. I searched his past posts and he has been in the politics thread for the past 3 days. None of that was trolling was it?

agree completely w/semper, though i have not had a chance to read all the posts. BLUTTO is one of the most un selfish contributors posting tonnes of link and references. Reading even 10% of the references , which is about my level, should make anyone better informed on a subject regarding of the biases in a particular direction.

Blutto uses his own brand of irony and sarcasm which may get misinterpreted but is surely not, NOT trolling.

I SUSPECT A MOD who initiated the ban in being not enttirely impersonal...some sharp exchanges btwn the banned and the banner come to mind...l may not be entirely informed, but it may help if we get a snip or better yet a direct line of quotes for which blutto was banned...

Not a challege to the mods but a call to transparency
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 18:06

python wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:blutto's bannination makes no sense. I searched his past posts and he has been in the politics thread for the past 3 days. None of that was trolling was it?

agree completely w/semper, though i have not had a chance to read all the posts. BLUTTO is one of the most un selfish contributors posting tonnes of link and references. Reading even 10% of the references , which is about my level, should make anyone better informed on a subject regarding of the biases in a particular direction.

Blutto uses his own brand of irony and sarcasm which may get misinterpreted but is surely not, NOT trolling.

I SUSPECT A MOD who initiated the ban in being not enttirely impersonal...some sharp exchanges btwn the banned and the banner come to mind...l may not be entirely informed, but it may help if we get a snip or better yet a direct line of quotes for which blutto was banned...

Not a challege to the mods but a call to transparency

The decision to ban Blutto was not King Boonan's decision to make alone. We deliberated behind closed doors and came up with the action that was taken. It's possible that we might need to look a little closer at the other party's responsibility in this but only for possible action with that person too.

We're as transparent as we can be, if you have any questions please ask. :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum