Log in:  

Register

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 11:20

thehog wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


Greg LeMond. Could you be anymore feeble? You bearly participate in any threads but in minutia detail can recite the posting history of one member?

Perhaps gives us your views on mighty Sir Dave Brailsford? Because from where I'm standing it turns out Sniper has been correct about what he's posted on that front. You, not so much. In fact all your pro-Sky posts like really stupid in light of what we know now.

Nice try.


Being a bit surprised at your post and the old Sky-bot define you use, I thought I'ld have a look at pcmg76's posting history. Now he hardly sets the boards alight with an average of 1.18 posts per day so it wasn't that much work to go back app. 2 years in his posting history. Ii didn't come up with a single pro-Sky post. He mostly posts in other than Sky threads and the ones I could find making a mention of Sky or Froome are below (yes, all three of them).

viewtopic.php?p=2011910#p2011910

viewtopic.php?p=1838036#p1838036

viewtopic.php?p=1834122#p1834122

Now I know we live in the age of fake news and alternative facts, but this is taking it pretty far. Since you claim pcmg76 regularly pots or posted pro-Sky, I think the forum rules state that it is up to you to substantiate that claim and when failing to do so subsequently retract that claim.
Last edited by GJB123 on 14 Mar 2017 14:05, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar GJB123
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 13:47
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 14:03

Semper Fidelis wrote:

Being a bit surprised at your post and the old Sky-bot define you use, I thought I'ld have a loon at pcmg76's posting history. Now he hardly sets the boards alight with an average of 1.18 posts per day so it wasn't that much work to go back app 2 years in his posting history. Ii didn't come up with a single pro-Sky post. He mostly posts in other than Sky threads and the ones I could find making a mention of Sky to Froome are below (yes. all three of them).

viewtopic.php?p=2011910#p2011910

viewtopic.php?p=1838036#p1838036

viewtopic.php?p=1834122#p1834122

Now I know we live in the age of fakes news and alternative facts, but this is taking it pretty far. Since you claim pcmg76 regularly pots or posted pro-Sky, I think the forum rules state that it is up to you to substantiate that claim and when failing to do so subsequently retract that claim.



Great work Dr. Watson. :D


Elementary my dear fellow! ;)
User avatar GJB123
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 13:47
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 14:05

blutto wrote:
GJB123 wrote:
thehog wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


Greg LeMond. Could you be anymore feeble? You bearly participate in any threads but in minutia detail can recite the posting history of one member?

Perhaps gives us your views on mighty Sir Dave Brailsford? Because from where I'm standing it turns out Sniper has been correct about what he's posted on that front. You, not so much. In fact all your pro-Sky posts like really stupid in light of what we know now.

Nice try.


Being a bit surprised at your post and the old Sky-bot define you use, I thought I'ld have a loon at pcmg76's posting history. Now he hardly sets the boards alight with an average of 1.18 posts per day so it wasn't that much work to go back app 2 years in his posting history. Ii didn't come up with a single pro-Sky post. He mostly posts in other than Sky threads and the ones I could find making a mention of Sky to Froome are below (yes. all three of them).

viewtopic.php?p=2011910#p2011910

viewtopic.php?p=1838036#p1838036

viewtopic.php?p=1834122#p1834122

Now I know we live in the age of fakes news and alternative facts, but this is taking it pretty far. Since you claim pcmg76 regularly pots or posted pro-Sky, I think the forum rules state that it is up to you to substantiate that claim and when failing to do so subsequently retract that claim.


....and it seems like you're also an expert in multi tasking and time management....like is that like a club requirement for youse guys or something ?....

Cheers


It is a gift, I know! :D
User avatar GJB123
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 13:47
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 15:32

Semper Fidelis wrote:
JackRabbitSlims wrote:
blutto wrote:
JackRabbitSlims wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


Great Post!!
Agree with you 100%

I'm amazed at the amount of times the "usual suspects' keep getting banned for the same dumb **** over and over and again.....and then allowed to come back to the forum and keep doing the same dumb **** with a slight twist this time around as an attempt to stay "onside"


...big problem, it wasn't the same dumb ****, I was there behind the curtain, and you most definitely weren't....but please don't let that little detail stop you....after all, we really do need a giggle every once in a while don't we....

....have a nice day, and of course I mean that in a good way ( and that goes to everyone else presently dancing on sniper's grave )...

Cheers


No ones dancing on Snipers grave.....it's not like he / she has been Perma-Booted. Some are just taking the opportunity to give him / her the fingers behind his / her back while they take yet another wee seat on the naughty chair.....facing the wall. Childish isn't it??

OK - so I took a troll (please excuse the pun, quite appropriate though) through the "Member Suspensions" thread and found these gems.
Please enjoy:-

Sniper and Dr. Maserati have all been banned for one week for ignoring multiple mod warnings in the JV thread.

Sniper banned a week for trolling baiting

Sniper has been banned for a month for trolling and baiting.

Sniper has been banned one week for baiting/trolling and excessive complaining about a previous ban.
Sniper has been banned for 3 months for incessantly complaining about (previous) ban, abusing the report system and baiting/trolling.

Sniper chose to ignore mod warnings on numerous occasions and left us with no other choice but to implement a ban that he was given an opportunity to circumvent.

sniper is banned two weeks for trolling.

Sniper has been banned for a week for trolling/baiting

Sniper is banned for a week for off topic posting in the Froome data thread after being warned.

Sniper was banned for a week for trolling

Sniper was banned for 3 days for a personal attack

Sniper is banned for a week for posting off topic comments and derailing a thread.

Sniper has been banned for a week for trolling/baiting.



We all get a ban from time to time.....I see you almost got a Perma on the 2nd page there!! -thank YOU for the giggle.

Just to back up my statement from above.....same folks, same stuff eh ;)

I was gonna include PorkChop and his / her Feline friend - but that would be a MASSIVE post.

Hey, thanks for the well wishes.
You have a nice day also - :)

Gummi bears all round!!


Hey you're pretty good with this troll stuff. :lol:


I was wondering when the reinforcements were going to arrive. Pretty weak turnout though ;)

It's cute that you've rallied around you're fallen comrade / hero - he'll / she'll be back soon though - I'm sure you'll be ok until then. Stay strong and keep supporting each other!

I think youz guys & gals need a recruitment drive for that club youz have - numbers are dwindling and there's leaks all over the place.
Get to work men!

#potkettleblack
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 16:20

thehog wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


Greg LeMond. Could you be anymore feeble? You bearly participate in any threads but in minutia detail can recite the posting history of one member?

Perhaps gives us your views on mighty Sir Dave Brailsford? Because from where I'm standing it turns out Sniper has been correct about what he's posted on that front. You, not so much. In fact all your pro-Sky posts like really stupid in light of what we know now.

Nice try.


Oh yeah, a real modern day Nostradamus we have right here on these very forums :lol:

Predicting "SkyFall" a few years back........who would have thunk it??

I know you're familiar with this phrase, but for the sake of nostalgia:- "if you throw enough schitt at the wall, eventually some of it will stick"
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 16:20

JackRabbitSlims wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
JackRabbitSlims wrote:
blutto wrote:"]Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


Great Post!!
Agree with you 100%

I'm amazed at the amount of times the "usual suspects' keep getting banned for the same dumb **** over and over and again.....and then allowed to come back to the forum and keep doing the same dumb **** with a slight twist this time around as an attempt to stay "onside"


...big problem, it wasn't the same dumb ****, I was there behind the curtain, and you most definitely weren't....but please don't let that little detail stop you....after all, we really do need a giggle every once in a while don't we....

....have a nice day, and of course I mean that in a good way ( and that goes to everyone else presently dancing on sniper's grave )...

Cheers


No ones dancing on Snipers grave.....it's not like he / she has been Perma-Booted. Some are just taking the opportunity to give him / her the fingers behind his / her back while they take yet another wee seat on the naughty chair.....facing the wall. Childish isn't it??

OK - so I took a troll (please excuse the pun, quite appropriate though) through the "Member Suspensions" thread and found these gems.
Please enjoy:-

Sniper and Dr. Maserati have all been banned for one week for ignoring multiple mod warnings in the JV thread.

Sniper banned a week for trolling baiting

Sniper has been banned for a month for trolling and baiting.

Sniper has been banned one week for baiting/trolling and excessive complaining about a previous ban.
Sniper has been banned for 3 months for incessantly complaining about (previous) ban, abusing the report system and baiting/trolling.

Sniper chose to ignore mod warnings on numerous occasions and left us with no other choice but to implement a ban that he was given an opportunity to circumvent.

sniper is banned two weeks for trolling.

Sniper has been banned for a week for trolling/baiting

Sniper is banned for a week for off topic posting in the Froome data thread after being warned.

Sniper was banned for a week for trolling

Sniper was banned for 3 days for a personal attack

Sniper is banned for a week for posting off topic comments and derailing a thread.

Sniper has been banned for a week for trolling/baiting.



We all get a ban from time to time.....I see you almost got a Perma on the 2nd page there!! -thank YOU for the giggle.

Just to back up my statement from above.....same folks, same stuff eh ;)

I was gonna include PorkChop and his / her Feline friend - but that would be a MASSIVE post.

Hey, thanks for the well wishes.
You have a nice day also - :)

Gummi bears all round!!

Hey you're pretty good with this troll stuff. :lol:

I was wondering when the reinforcements were going to arrive. Pretty weak turnout though ;)

It's cute that you've rallied around you're fallen comrade / hero - he'll / she'll be back soon though - I'm sure you'll be ok until then. Stay strong and keep supporting each other!

I think youz guys & gals need a recruitment drive for that club youz have - numbers are dwindling and there's leaks all over the place.
Get to work men!

#potkettleblack


...oooh, seems someone got up out the wrong side of the bed this morning....

Cheers

....to paraphrase very loosely....its not how big the club is, its how you play hockey....or.....quality always trumps quantity, and we is the highest quality quality, we is quality squared....
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,726
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 16:34

blutto wrote:
JackRabbitSlims wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
JackRabbitSlims wrote:
blutto wrote:"]Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


Great Post!!
Agree with you 100%

I'm amazed at the amount of times the "usual suspects' keep getting banned for the same dumb **** over and over and again.....and then allowed to come back to the forum and keep doing the same dumb **** with a slight twist this time around as an attempt to stay "onside"


...big problem, it wasn't the same dumb ****, I was there behind the curtain, and you most definitely weren't....but please don't let that little detail stop you....after all, we really do need a giggle every once in a while don't we....

....have a nice day, and of course I mean that in a good way ( and that goes to everyone else presently dancing on sniper's grave )...

Cheers


No ones dancing on Snipers grave.....it's not like he / she has been Perma-Booted. Some are just taking the opportunity to give him / her the fingers behind his / her back while they take yet another wee seat on the naughty chair.....facing the wall. Childish isn't it??

OK - so I took a troll (please excuse the pun, quite appropriate though) through the "Member Suspensions" thread and found these gems.
Please enjoy:-

Sniper and Dr. Maserati have all been banned for one week for ignoring multiple mod warnings in the JV thread.

Sniper banned a week for trolling baiting

Sniper has been banned for a month for trolling and baiting.

Sniper has been banned one week for baiting/trolling and excessive complaining about a previous ban.
Sniper has been banned for 3 months for incessantly complaining about (previous) ban, abusing the report system and baiting/trolling.

Sniper chose to ignore mod warnings on numerous occasions and left us with no other choice but to implement a ban that he was given an opportunity to circumvent.

sniper is banned two weeks for trolling.

Sniper has been banned for a week for trolling/baiting

Sniper is banned for a week for off topic posting in the Froome data thread after being warned.

Sniper was banned for a week for trolling

Sniper was banned for 3 days for a personal attack

Sniper is banned for a week for posting off topic comments and derailing a thread.

Sniper has been banned for a week for trolling/baiting.



We all get a ban from time to time.....I see you almost got a Perma on the 2nd page there!! -thank YOU for the giggle.

Just to back up my statement from above.....same folks, same stuff eh ;)

I was gonna include PorkChop and his / her Feline friend - but that would be a MASSIVE post.

Hey, thanks for the well wishes.
You have a nice day also - :)

Gummi bears all round!!

Hey you're pretty good with this troll stuff. :lol:

I was wondering when the reinforcements were going to arrive. Pretty weak turnout though ;)

It's cute that you've rallied around you're fallen comrade / hero - he'll / she'll be back soon though - I'm sure you'll be ok until then. Stay strong and keep supporting each other!

I think youz guys & gals need a recruitment drive for that club youz have - numbers are dwindling and there's leaks all over the place.
Get to work men!

#potkettleblack


...oooh, seems someone got up out the wrong side of the bed this morning....

Cheers

....to paraphrase very loosely....its not how big the club is, its how you play hockey....or.....quality always trumps quantity....



yeah, I bet you say that to ALL the girls!!
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 16:49

JackRabbitSlims wrote:
blutto wrote:
JackRabbitSlims wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


Great Post!!
Agree with you 100%

I'm amazed at the amount of times the "usual suspects' keep getting banned for the same dumb **** over and over and again.....and then allowed to come back to the forum and keep doing the same dumb **** with a slight twist this time around as an attempt to stay "onside"


...big problem, it wasn't the same dumb ****, I was there behind the curtain, and you most definitely weren't....but please don't let that little detail stop you....after all, we really do need a giggle every once in a while don't we....

....have a nice day, and of course I mean that in a good way ( and that goes to everyone else presently dancing on sniper's grave )...

Cheers


No ones dancing on Snipers grave.....it's not like he / she has been Perma-Booted. Some are just taking the opportunity to give him / her the fingers behind his / her back while they take yet another wee seat on the naughty chair.....facing the wall. Childish isn't it??

OK - so I took a troll (please excuse the pun, quite appropriate though) through the "Member Suspensions" thread and found these gems.
Please enjoy:-

Sniper and Dr. Maserati have all been banned for one week for ignoring multiple mod warnings in the JV thread.

Sniper banned a week for trolling baiting

Sniper has been banned for a month for trolling and baiting.

Sniper has been banned one week for baiting/trolling and excessive complaining about a previous ban.
Sniper has been banned for 3 months for incessantly complaining about (previous) ban, abusing the report system and baiting/trolling.

Sniper chose to ignore mod warnings on numerous occasions and left us with no other choice but to implement a ban that he was given an opportunity to circumvent.

sniper is banned two weeks for trolling.

Sniper has been banned for a week for trolling/baiting

Sniper is banned for a week for off topic posting in the Froome data thread after being warned.

Sniper was banned for a week for trolling

Sniper was banned for 3 days for a personal attack

Sniper is banned for a week for posting off topic comments and derailing a thread.

Sniper has been banned for a week for trolling/baiting.



We all get a ban from time to time.....I see you almost got a Perma on the 2nd page there!! -thank YOU for the giggle.

Just to back up my statement from above.....same folks, same stuff eh ;)

I was gonna include PorkChop and his / her Feline friend - but that would be a MASSIVE post.

Hey, thanks for the well wishes.
You have a nice day also - :)

Gummi bears all round!!

Hey you're pretty good with this troll stuff. :lol:

I was wondering when the reinforcements were going to arrive. Pretty weak turnout though ;)

It's cute that you've rallied around you're fallen comrade / hero - he'll / she'll be back soon though - I'm sure you'll be ok until then. Stay strong and keep supporting each other!

I think youz guys & gals need a recruitment drive for that club youz have - numbers are dwindling and there's leaks all over the place.
Get to work men!

#potkettleblack

...oooh, seems someone got up out the wrong side of the bed this morning....

Cheers

....to paraphrase very loosely....its not how big the club is, its how you play hockey....or.....quality always trumps quantity....


yeah, I bet you say that to ALL the girls!!


.....oooh, seems someone has been striking out a lot lately....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,726
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

14 Mar 2017 16:49

Alright guys, that will be enough please....

Cheers :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 6,770
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re:

14 Mar 2017 16:51

Irondan wrote:Alright guys, that will be enough please....

Cheers :)


...ok.... :o

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,726
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

14 Mar 2017 17:37

Sniper will be back soon enough.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,095
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re:

14 Mar 2017 18:08

aphronesis wrote:No I don't. And I said that sniper's posts may lack in terms trad history format. Or bleed too much context. But others get overly excited by that leakage and sloppy causality. None of us can say how a "thing" went, but I'm entertained by the resistance to sniper's posts and the vehemence to his (sometimes) overconnection of the dots. As perceived.


This post basically reads as "Yes, we know sniper is a troll, but he is our troll so we are fine with that and as an Armstrong apologist, we particularly enjoy that he trolls the LeMond thread hard"

The transperency is clear and the fact that Blutto and SF have been in line to agree confirms it.

As I have posted before, not all trolls are equal in the cyclingnews forum.

Also I would like to know what other posters have returned from perma-bans. I don't be here all the time so maybe I missed a few, but I cannot think of any. Was Chewie perman-banned at one time?
pmcg76
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,469
Joined: 06 Mar 2009 17:56

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 18:12

Benotti69 wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


The bitterness is huge.

The sport stinks with doping and cheating. Posters reflect that. That people want to believe there are some clean cyclists winning is laughable.

Comparing Sniper to trolls like Polish and Flickr is way off. Those two started out believing Armstrong was the greatest cyclist ever and then had to, over time as it became obvious to even a deaf blind mute, accept he doped so they just came in here to take the proverbial.

Sorry way off and ValvPiti giving it the thumbs up reinforces it.


Personally, the only thing I think is laughable are posters with almost 20,000 posts repeating the same string of sentences over and over and over. A monkey with access to a keyboard would be more original and definitely a lot more interesting.
pmcg76
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,469
Joined: 06 Mar 2009 17:56

Re: Re:

14 Mar 2017 18:13

pmcg76 wrote:
aphronesis wrote:No I don't. And I said that sniper's posts may lack in terms trad history format. Or bleed too much context. But others get overly excited by that leakage and sloppy causality. None of us can say how a "thing" went, but I'm entertained by the resistance to sniper's posts and the vehemence to his (sometimes) overconnection of the dots. As perceived.


This post basically reads as "Yes, we know sniper is a troll, but he is our troll so we are fine with that and as an Armstrong apologist, we particularly enjoy that he trolls the LeMond thread hard"

The transperency is clear and the fact that Blutto and SF have been in line to agree confirms it.

As I have posted before, not all trolls are equal in the cyclingnews forum.

Also I would like to know what other posters have returned from perma-bans. I don't be here all the time so maybe I missed a few, but I cannot think of any. Was Chewie perman-banned at one time?

Chewie was not perma banned, he was banned for one year. As for sniper being permabanned and coming back, that happened well before my time so I have no idea what the circumstances were or what conversations happened between staff members of the time. All I can say is that at this point, sniper is a member, and there will be absolutely no perma banned members reinstated to the forum for any reason, ever. Once you're gone, you're gone. What ever happened before my time is beyond my control.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 6,770
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

14 Mar 2017 18:17

pmcg76 wrote:
aphronesis wrote:No I don't. And I said that sniper's posts may lack in terms trad history format. Or bleed too much context. But others get overly excited by that leakage and sloppy causality. None of us can say how a "thing" went, but I'm entertained by the resistance to sniper's posts and the vehemence to his (sometimes) overconnection of the dots. As perceived.


This post basically reads as "Yes, we know sniper is a troll, but he is our troll so we are fine with that and as an Armstrong apologist, we particularly enjoy that he trolls the LeMond thread hard"

The transperency is clear and the fact that Blutto and SF have been in line to agree confirms it.

As I have posted before, not all trolls are equal in the cyclingnews forum.

Also I would like to know what other posters have returned from perma-bans. I don't be here all the time so maybe I missed a few, but I cannot think of any. Was Chewie perman-banned at one time?

Leave my real name out of your post please. Or I should say edit it out please.

If not I will ask the mods to do it.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,095
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: Re:

14 Mar 2017 18:18

pmcg76 wrote:
aphronesis wrote:No I don't. And I said that sniper's posts may lack in terms trad history format. Or bleed too much context. But others get overly excited by that leakage and sloppy causality. None of us can say how a "thing" went, but I'm entertained by the resistance to sniper's posts and the vehemence to his (sometimes) overconnection of the dots. As perceived.


This post basically reads as "Yes, we know sniper is a troll, but he is our troll so we are fine with that and as an Armstrong apologist, we particularly enjoy that he trolls the LeMond thread hard"

The transperency is clear and the fact that Blutto and SF have been in line to agree confirms it.

As I have posted before, not all trolls are equal in the cyclingnews forum.

Also I would like to know what other posters have returned from perma-bans. I don't be here all the time so maybe I missed a few, but I cannot think of any. Was Chewie perman-banned at one time?

What buisness is it of anyone's who has been permabanned and come back? I don't think chewie was every permabanned.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,095
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

14 Mar 2017 18:19

Chewie was not perma banned.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 6,770
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

14 Mar 2017 18:23

thehog wrote:
pmcg76 wrote:Man, you guys are real suckers if you cannot see through snipers BS by now.

Lets present a few actual facts, sniper was being banned for trolling from the time they joined this forum. During one of those bans, sniper created a sockpuppet account and was permabanned.

Months later, for some reason sniper was allowed to return, the only poster ever allowed to return from a permaban in forum history afaik. Apparently sniper played his usual Manuel from Barcelona, 'I know nothing' claiming he didn't know about sockpuppetry and that it was a bannable offence :eek: . The mods fell for it. Yes, seriously.

So now most of the time, what sniper posts is misrepresentation, distortion and innumerable falsehoods presented as facts. Everytime someone corrects sniper on his many falsehoods, sniper plays along acting like they are taking on board these corrections and pretending to be interested, only to always default to then presenting the same falsehoods that have been already debunked. There is no actual genuine attempt at listening of other posters or engaging in actual debate, it is all for show to stay the right side of the mods and appear like they are being civil. It really is a transparent form of trolling, subtle, but transparent.

It reminds me of posters like Polish or Flicker who managed to stay the right side of the mods for a long time, only sniper is in favour of the prevailing opinions in the Clinic. You can bet, if sniper was presenting the same level of distortion and falsehoods against the majority opinion, they would have been banished from the forum ages ago.

Do people really think sniper believes half of what he himself posts. Not a chance.


Greg LeMond. Could you be anymore feeble? You bearly participate in any threads but in minutia detail can recite the posting history of one member?

Perhaps gives us your views on mighty Sir Dave Brailsford? Because from where I'm standing it turns out Sniper has been correct about what he's posted on that front. You, not so much. In fact all your pro-Sky posts like really stupid in light of what we know now.

Nice try.


I think 'feeble' would be the apt word to describe you trying to label me as a SKY fan.....again. How many times is that now? Please find all these pro-SKY posts I allagedly have. I made my position clear on SKY and Froome etc, back when they first started dominating. Maybe you should ask Hitch again as I recall he has pointed this out to you before. But then I know you are trolling as always. Ressurecting a Wiggins thread from 2009 when there are already two Wiggins threads on the first page in the clinic says it all really.

As for sniper being correct on SKY, my sister thinks SKY dope and what she knows about cycling, you could write on a postage stamp. You don't have to be some genius to believe SKY dope or even know much about cycling. A broken clock is still correct twice a day.
pmcg76
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,469
Joined: 06 Mar 2009 17:56

14 Mar 2017 18:27

Aphronesis was perma-banned.....and then reinstated through negotiation......whatever that means :confused:

The ClubHouse must have in invested in a new set of Walkie Talkies ;)
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

Re: Re:

14 Mar 2017 18:28

pmcg76 wrote:
aphronesis wrote:No I don't. And I said that sniper's posts may lack in terms trad history format. Or bleed too much context. But others get overly excited by that leakage and sloppy causality. None of us can say how a "thing" went, but I'm entertained by the resistance to sniper's posts and the vehemence to his (sometimes) overconnection of the dots. As perceived.


This post basically reads as "Yes, we know sniper is a troll, but he is our troll so we are fine with that and as an Armstrong apologist, we particularly enjoy that he trolls the LeMond thread hard"

The transperency is clear and the fact that Blutto and SF have been in line to agree confirms it.

As I have posted before, not all trolls are equal in the cyclingnews forum.

Also I would like to know what other posters have returned from perma-bans. I don't be here all the time so maybe I missed a few, but I cannot think of any. Was Chewie perman-banned at one time?


No, the post reads as it reads. I could flip yours around and say look at the GLM fanboys piling on. But I won't. There's a difference between disagreeing with all the ways that LA's situation was handled and believing that he's a good guy let alone in the right. There's also a matter of not buying the image LM sold to the media in the 80s sorry and my distaste for that predates LA. Time for some people to let that linkage go..

That said, I don't care if sniper riles Sky, BMC fans or whomever (Astana won'tbe too bothered). As a trained historian and reaearcher I don't agree with all of sniper's methods or leaps. But they don't upset me. Period.

As to "trolls", I've never met any. There's a Camden pub called the Hobgoblin; maybe some there. I interact with other oeople through various media. Internet being one of them.

(@jrs, I emailed Susan. Time was that was an option people could take on themselves.)
Last edited by aphronesis on 14 Mar 2017 18:36, edited 2 times in total.
aphronesis
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,905
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Back to top