Register

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

31 Aug 2017 18:03

Just saw that someone was banned for "mechanical doping talk in the PRR." So-called "mechanical doping" is not doping at all and I'm not sure why its discussion is banned from that forum. It is illegal mechanical assistance. Is it also illegal to discuss riders grabbing a car door and getting a pull, a la Nibali?
shalgo

Re:

31 Aug 2017 18:51

shalgo wrote:Just saw that someone was banned for "mechanical doping talk in the PRR." So-called "mechanical doping" is not doping at all and I'm not sure why its discussion is banned from that forum. It is illegal mechanical assistance. Is it also illegal to discuss riders grabbing a car door and getting a pull, a la Nibali?

Because it will descend into exactly the same arguments doping talk descends into and will invariably bring up doping as well.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re:

31 Aug 2017 19:47

shalgo wrote:Just saw that someone was banned for "mechanical doping talk in the PRR." So-called "mechanical doping" is not doping at all and I'm not sure why its discussion is banned from that forum. It is illegal mechanical assistance. Is it also illegal to discuss riders grabbing a car door and getting a pull, a la Nibali?

I once saw a forum member told by a mod that racing talk was not permitted in the Clinic.

Don't expect this place to make sense.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

Re: Re:

31 Aug 2017 20:00

MarkvW wrote:

I once saw a forum member told by a mod that racing talk was not permitted in the Clinic.

Got a link to that post?

I'd be hard pressed to believe that that was a lone statement and not cherry picked from part of a larger conversation.

It doesn't matter anyway, if this place doesn't make much sense then it fits right into what the world looks like anyway. Our community may be screwed up, but it's ours and I enjoy my time here for the most part.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

31 Aug 2017 20:27

Irondan wrote:
MarkvW wrote:

Got a link to that post?

I'd be hard pressed to believe that that was a lone statement and not cherry picked from part of a larger conversation.

It doesn't matter anyway, if this place doesn't make much sense then it fits right into what the world looks like anyway. Our community may be screwed up, but it's ours and I enjoy my time here for the most part.

I'll try to find it. This is it:
viewtopic.php?p=1095931#p1095931
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

31 Aug 2017 20:46

MarkvW wrote:
Irondan wrote:
MarkvW wrote:

Got a link to that post?

I get what you're saying and you're right, Susan didn't want general racing talk in the clinic.

She's right, it's actually off topic because the "clinic" was set up to specifically talk about doping. If racing threads and conversation were permitted in the clinic then there would be a mixture of both forums, making the PRR forum obsolete which brings us to the original issue, doping talk. To keep them separate they have to be moderated, which may not make sense to you but it does to me.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

31 Aug 2017 21:50

Irondan wrote:
MarkvW wrote:
Irondan wrote:
MarkvW wrote:

Got a link to that post?

I get what you're saying and you're right, Susan didn't want general racing talk in the clinic.

She's right, it's actually off topic because the "clinic" was set up to specifically talk about doping. If racing threads and conversation were permitted in the clinic then there would be a mixture of both forums, making the PRR forum obsolete which brings us to the original issue, doping talk. To keep them separate they have to be moderated, which may not make sense to you but it does to me.

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat. Ipse dixit.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

31 Aug 2017 21:51

We're not perfect...
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

31 Aug 2017 21:54

Late announcement: Koba80 perma-banned for a hateful post attention Gigs98 and trolling threats.
User avatar Tonton

31 Aug 2017 22:10

Someone suffering from res ipsa loquitur?
aphronesis
Veteran

Re:

31 Aug 2017 22:40

aphronesis wrote:Someone suffering from res ipsa loquitur?

Not quite...
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

31 Aug 2017 23:35

MarkvW wrote:
Irondan wrote:
MarkvW wrote:

Got a link to that post?

Pretty typical. No explanation, just a blunt force response.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

01 Sep 2017 01:43

Irondan wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Someone suffering from res ipsa loquitur?

Not quite...

They may feel they are. In any case I surely didn't mean you.
aphronesis
Veteran

01 Sep 2017 13:20

Tonton wrote:Late announcement: Koba80 perma-banned for a hateful post attention Gigs98 and trolling threats.

wrong thread? :D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

01 Sep 2017 14:30

Benotti69 wrote:
Tonton wrote:Late announcement: Koba80 perma-banned for a hateful post attention Gigs98 and trolling threats.

I think this might be a glimpse of what the secret mod-only forum looks like. To be a fly on that wall...
User avatar Tricycle Rider

01 Sep 2017 17:30

Tricycle Rider wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

I think this might be a glimpse of what the secret mod-only forum looks like. To be a fly on that wall...

No, wrong thread.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

01 Sep 2017 17:38

Tricycle Rider wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

It's mostly me complaining about not getting free coffee.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

01 Sep 2017 17:45

Hopefully you guys get a free cyclingnews t-shirt or something.
Maybe someone should gather all the gifts thrown out at a gt caravan and wrap them up as x-mas gifts to the mods.
User avatar the delgados

01 Sep 2017 20:18

Red Rick wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

It's mostly me complaining about not getting free coffee.

What no free coffee!!! A disgrace!!!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

04 Sep 2017 19:50

I don't usually do this, but I wanted to complain about a new member and suggest a ban and I thought this would be the best pace to do so.
Anyone who has been on the Froome or Contador thread in the PRR section recently would have noticed a new member called 'telencefalus' who has been trolling the treads, especially Froome's. 'Tele' has 84 posts and only joined the forum yesterday.
I don't know if s/he is just another / older member who has created a new account in order to troll or genuinely a new CN'er, but either way it is becoming increasingly frustrating as the conversation has become ridiculous and s/he is inundating the Froome thread with completely nonsensical and 'trolly' comments.
As of the time of writing, 7 of the last 8 comments on the Froome thread have been written by 'Tele,' and most are objectively ridiculous posts.
User avatar Ruby United

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum