Log in:  

Register

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 14:06

blutto wrote:
Beech Mtn wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:You still can't write from two accounts at the same time. And surely it would be quicker - and not to mention easier - to simply continue writing from the same accounts, than to log out from one in order to log on with the other... Of course, I suppose some people do it in order to start an argument... :rolleyes:

---

Dan, you forgot about 'Bridget', his "wife". :p

bridgid-was the best. She had to stand up for her man. I loved that thread.



What?! I must not have been too observant of the forum when this was taking place!


Behold:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31005


....oh thank you , thank you for dredging that up.....there is some seriously real comedy gold in there....SF, a question, whatever happened to Maggie, she sounded like such a peach, and was definitely a keeper.....

....and btw several keyboards have been awarded as result of comments in that thread, posthumously of could, 'cause the thread is long dead and buried ( but still hilarious, drink and post, love child , indeed )....

....nice way to start the day....

Cheers

Maggie let me go for bigger things in her life. She was a real nice gal. I was a bit shocked to see that she had posted in my defense.

But in the end it was not my choice to make.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,055
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 14:08

RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Member
 
Posts: 1,539
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 14:10

Who's Maggie? I thought we were reminiscing about brigid, rayjwillings lovely wife? :confused:
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 6,652
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:27

fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.

Who does that though, seriously. They must be messed up in a way or another.
kingjr
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,405
Joined: 09 Sep 2012 18:53
Location: Germany

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:35

Irondan wrote:Who's Maggie? I thought we were reminiscing about brigid, rayjwillings lovely wife? :confused:

She used my account to post a reply on the brigid thread. :lol: Did you read my reply post in that thread? HAHA
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,055
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:37

kingjr wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.

Who does that though, seriously. They must be messed up in a way or another.

CheckMyPecs had a conversation with his sockpuppet.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 18,570
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:47

Semper Fidelis wrote:
Irondan wrote:Who's Maggie? I thought we were reminiscing about brigid, rayjwillings lovely wife? :confused:

She used my account to post a reply on the brigid thread. :lol: Did you read my reply post in that thread? HAHA

I remember now, but I didn't until you mentioned that.

Comedy gold! :D
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 6,652
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 15:48

Netserk wrote:
kingjr wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.

Who does that though, seriously. They must be messed up in a way or another.

CheckMyPecs had a conversation with his sockpuppet.

Yes, they most certainly did! On more than one occasion and in more than one thread too!
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 6,652
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

16 May 2017 09:48

fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.


Suppose that's another way to troll the forums. Have it look like two (or more) people are agreeing with some completely stupid statement, hoping that the other posters will fall into the trap of feeling the need to correct "them".

BTW: Those things I'm posting... they're not suggestions!


masking_agent is banned for 1 week for repeated doping talk in the PRR forum.


Did he (or she, I suppose) try to mask it as not being doping talk?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,622
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

08 Jun 2017 16:44

Netserk wrote:
kingjr wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Even if there wasn't a clear do not create sockpuppets rule, the way I see it, the only reason you'd create one would be in order to break the rules.
Either by starting a fake argument by having two accounts post videly opposing opinions, hoping that the other posters will pick sides.
Or by circumventing a ban by posting from a diffeernt account during the duration of said ban.
Such...naïvity. Imagine a world in which you don't think people would use sockpuppets to praise things they've posted and pat themselves on the back.

Who does that though, seriously. They must be messed up in a way or another.

CheckMyPecs had a conversation with his sockpuppet.


In his defense, there are so many voices in his head he can't keep track
User avatar GuyIncognito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,236
Joined: 27 Jun 2013 21:19

15 Jun 2017 08:35

you're kidding me? netserk banned a week for following an interesting line of
discussion...................

mrs t would be reet proud..........................

Mark L

ps so interesting i no longer appear to see the posts.............
User avatar ebandit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,889
Joined: 02 Aug 2012 18:24

18 Jun 2017 16:24

Did Andro really get permabanned for his trolling in the Contador thread? Seems kinda harsh to me.
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,198
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

18 Jun 2017 18:08

Yes. It was a lot more than your average trolling offense.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 10,684
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Procrastination nation

Re:

18 Jun 2017 19:14

LaFlorecita wrote:Did Andro really get permabanned for his trolling in the Contador thread? Seems kinda harsh to me.

viewtopic.php?p=2130287#p2130287
Not your average trolling offense as RR says.
Forever The Best
Member
 
Posts: 1,299
Joined: 15 Apr 2016 16:10

Re: Re:

18 Jun 2017 21:47

Forever The Best wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Did Andro really get permabanned for his trolling in the Contador thread? Seems kinda harsh to me.

viewtopic.php?p=2130287#p2130287
Not your average trolling offense as RR says.

Ryo got 38 bans before finally being permabanned and posted worse things, I don't understand why Andro got banned after (I assume) 1 offence.
Anyway, the mods decide.
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,198
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

19 Jun 2017 07:29

that was funny..........don't forget it was in response to members stating what can be stated/posted

Mark L
User avatar ebandit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,889
Joined: 02 Aug 2012 18:24

19 Jun 2017 08:17

I wasn't a mod for Ryo's period on the forum so I can't comment on that.

For Andro I would just say that what was posted was completely unacceptable, beyond the usual trolling/arguing etc. and was a very specific attack. There are no circumstances under which posting something like that is acceptable or even understandable.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,142
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re:

19 Jun 2017 09:08

King Boonen wrote:I wasn't a mod for Ryo's period on the forum so I can't comment on that.

For Andro I would just say that what was posted was completely unacceptable, beyond the usual trolling/arguing etc. and was a very specific attack. There are no circumstances under which posting something like that is acceptable or even understandable.

You were a user though. Did you agree with the mods' policy in Ryo's case at the time?
kingjr
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,405
Joined: 09 Sep 2012 18:53
Location: Germany

Re: Re:

19 Jun 2017 09:20

kingjr wrote:
King Boonen wrote:I wasn't a mod for Ryo's period on the forum so I can't comment on that.

For Andro I would just say that what was posted was completely unacceptable, beyond the usual trolling/arguing etc. and was a very specific attack. There are no circumstances under which posting something like that is acceptable or even understandable.

You were a user though. Did you agree with the mods' policy in Ryo's case at the time?


I didn't have much interaction with Ryo and I didn't read many of their posts, so I don't really want to comment on something I don't know much about. If comments similar to the one that Andro made were made (very specific and frankly disgusting attacks on a user) then I would say yes, they should have been banned long ago. I've very against bans and particularly perma-bans except in certain cases, the Andro one being a good example.

Remember that mods change, attitudes/opinions change, methods change and people change. What may have been let slip in the past might be stamped down hard on now and vice versa.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,142
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re: Re:

19 Jun 2017 09:34

King Boonen wrote:
kingjr wrote:
King Boonen wrote:I wasn't a mod for Ryo's period on the forum so I can't comment on that.

For Andro I would just say that what was posted was completely unacceptable, beyond the usual trolling/arguing etc. and was a very specific attack. There are no circumstances under which posting something like that is acceptable or even understandable.

You were a user though. Did you agree with the mods' policy in Ryo's case at the time?


I didn't have much interaction with Ryo and I didn't read many of their posts, so I don't really want to comment on something I don't know much about. If comments similar to the one that Andro made were made (very specific and frankly disgusting attacks on a user) then I would say yes, they should have been banned long ago. I've very against bans and particularly perma-bans except in certain cases, the Andro one being a good example.

Remember that mods change, attitudes/opinions change, methods change and people change. What may have been let slip in the past might be stamped down hard on now and vice versa.
I understand your point, but I think some people, if they are considered part of the forum's furniture, are given significantly more leeway than others. Not on purpose, but it seems that sometimes mods are subconsciously afraid of a backlash of said users' "fans" for lack of a better word, who will inevitably insist that the banned user was a vital part of the forum and without them the forum will die (this is the extreme scenario) or at least that it will be flooded by the (imagined) legions of mindless fanboys of certain riders.
kingjr
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,405
Joined: 09 Sep 2012 18:53
Location: Germany

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to top