Register

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re:

10 May 2017 03:52

ebandit wrote:LOL just because words are allowed through swear filter does not always make them appropriate words to use...

i won't be missing BCs self indulgent posts

Mark L

I look forward to reading your incoherent and grammatically incorrect posts in future, ebandit!
Thanks for your input.
Seriously, I enjoy reading your posts, but your subjective interpretation does not matter, nor should it matter to the mods.
Which is why I have a problem with the permaban. Sure, he broke the stringent "rules' set out by the mods. I'm sure everyone here knows he was deliberately poking the bear, but he did it for a reason. It's for you to figure out if you don't understand why.
User avatar the delgados

Re: Re:

10 May 2017 08:14

the delgados wrote:
ebandit wrote:LOL

I look forward to reading your incoherent and grammatically incorrect posts in future, ebandit!
Thanks for your input.
Seriously, I enjoy reading your posts, but your subjective interpretation does not matter, nor should it matter to the mods.
Which is why I have a problem with the permaban. Sure, he broke the stringent "rules' set out by the mods. I'm sure everyone here knows he was deliberately poking the bear, but he did it for a reason. It's for you to figure out if you don't understand why.

LOL .............let everyone know when i'm perma banninated

.......i know i'm a jumped up wannabe thinking i can state my opinion on..........a forum

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re: Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

10 May 2017 10:27

BullsFan22 wrote:So Sniper chose not to come back to the forum after his ban was up? That's a pity, because he had some good stuff in the Clinic.

I wonder how many users decide not post anymore after their bans end, irrespective of the length of the ban. I've noticed a few others have done the same. Oh well.

Thanks Bullsfan, appreciate it.

To be honest, I simply didn't have time to post in the past couple of weeks/months (and won't have in the coming weeks either).
The ban didn't have much to do with it. Sure, I thought it was exaggerated, but I thought the same about my previous bans :D and still I kept coming back. This place is just too good and I'm still reading in here on a daily basis.
So the fact I've stopped posting is mainly due to a lack of time, plus the fact that I got more active on twitter (you find me there as @ewonsprokler), and although I don't tweet much at the moment, that platform is giving me all i need for now.

Having said that, I will definitely be back here when I have more time on my hands (Lemond fans behold ;) ).
Posters like yourself, benotti, thehitch, freddythefrog, veganrob, blutto, semperfidelis, tienus, kingboonen, cathwoorg, and a host of others (even most of the guys I used to be at odds with in the Lemond thread) are well worth coming back for.

While I find twitter to be more dynamic (and at the moment also better informed), the Clinic has the undeniable advantage that things remain searchable and discussions don't just disappear. It's still - and it will remain - with some distance the best forum for discussing doping. And (anti)doping is the gift that keeps giving.

Rest assured, Team Sky's skeletons will come falling out of the closet. It is a matter of when, not if.
And when they do, there will be a lot to talk about. As Digger has repeatedly hinted at, there is so much info out there, but it's 'with the lawyers', so to say.
The motor issue will also gain new traction sooner than later, I'm quite confident, and seeing as UCI are balls deep involved in the cover up that will give plenty to talk about, too.
So certainly, come TdF, I'll be unable to help myself and chime in here to spout nonsense and spread unsubstantiated rumors. :D

A real pity about blackcat. Suffice to say The Cat will not be forgotten.

Catch y'all later.
Last edited by King Boonen on 10 May 2017 10:43, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Lets not start new ways to do that
sniper
Veteran

10 May 2017 10:56

Can't leave without addign thehog to that list of brilliant posters.
sniper
Veteran

Re:

10 May 2017 11:11

sniper wrote:Can't leave without addign thehog to that list of brilliant posters.

....great to hear from you...looking forward to more posts....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

10 May 2017 14:11

sniper wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:So Sniper chose not to come back to the forum after his ban was up? That's a pity, because he had some good stuff in the Clinic.

I wonder how many users decide not post anymore after their bans end, irrespective of the length of the ban. I've noticed a few others have done the same. Oh well.

To be honest, I simply didn't have time to post in the past couple of weeks/months (and won't have in the coming weeks either).

Are you implying that you actually have a life? :eek:
You mean, you aren't sitting at home in front of the computer all day?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

12 May 2017 18:48

King Boonen's first bannination ...
TheSpud

12 May 2017 19:36

Swift and justifiable justice. I saw the post in question and... not nice.
Actually, KB kinda saved my butt by editing the post, I was rather close to engage in an argument...
Last edited by RedheadDane on 12 May 2017 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

12 May 2017 20:08

Glad I could be of service :) yep, was a nice easy one to start.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

13 May 2017 17:00

sniper wrote:

The ban didn't have much to do with it. Sure, I thought it was exaggerated, but I thought the same about my previous bans :D and still I kept coming back. This place is just too good and I'm still reading in here on a daily basis.
So the fact I've stopped posting is mainly due to a lack of time, plus the fact that I got more active on twitter (you find me there as @ewonsprokler), and although I don't tweet much at the moment, that platform is giving me all i need for now.

Having said that, I will definitely be back here when I have more time on my hands (Lemond fans behold ;) ).
Posters like yourself, benotti, thehitch, freddythefrog, veganrob, blutto, semperfidelis, tienus, kingboonen, cathwoorg, and a host of others (even most of the guys I used to be at odds with in the Lemond thread) are well worth coming back for.

While I find twitter to be more dynamic (and at the moment also better informed), the Clinic has the undeniable advantage that things remain searchable and discussions don't just disappear. It's still - and it will remain - with some distance the best forum for discussing doping. And (anti)doping is the gift that keeps giving.

Rest assured, Team Sky's skeletons will come falling out of the closet. It is a matter of when, not if.
And when they do, there will be a lot to talk about. As Digger has repeatedly hinted at, there is so much info out there, but it's 'with the lawyers', so to say.
The motor issue will also gain new traction sooner than later, I'm quite confident, and seeing as UCI are balls deep involved in the cover up that will give plenty to talk about, too.
So certainly, come TdF, I'll be unable to help myself and chime in here to spout nonsense and spread unsubstantiated rumors. :D

Catch y'all later.

So to summarize, trolling works better on an unmoderated media channel with legions of uninformed and reactive participants.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

13 May 2017 18:23

red_flanders wrote:
sniper wrote:

Catch y'all later.

So to summarize, trolling works better on an unmoderated media channel with legions of uninformed and reactive participants.

....such a sweet man , and so consistently so....with not even a rumour of sour....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

13 May 2017 19:03

fanboys die hard.

anyway @ dan, is the other account banned or just moot?
aphronesis

Re:

13 May 2017 19:05

aphronesis wrote:fanboys die hard.

I banned both accounts.

The other one is "mancysboy".
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

13 May 2017 19:28

I wonder why people create more than one account and use them simultaneously. Life has many more interesting things to do besides being on a forum.
User avatar lenric

13 May 2017 19:34

Who was he though? Didn't really pay attention, but now I'm curious.
kingjr

Re:

13 May 2017 19:48

kingjr wrote:Who was he though? Didn't really pay attention, but now I'm curious.

I routinely check new and newish members information versus all the other account information that we have in the database. If I get a hit then I start to ask questions.

This person didn't like that I asked them any questions and became quite belligerent and uncooperative. Needless to say, one of the biggest forum rules that there is is that everyone is only allowed to have one account. Any more and you run the risk of having them all nuked.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re:

13 May 2017 20:00

lenric wrote:I wonder why people create more than one account and use them simultaneously. Life has many more interesting things to do besides being on a forum.

My guess is some here are younger than one might think. Hopefully it's just real young kids with no life.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

13 May 2017 20:39

Irondan wrote:

I banned both accounts.

well done dan !

he's also a poster who placed a disgusting sexual innuendo for which blutto got improperly moderated by a new mod (KB?) instead of the new mod going after the disgusting sexually implicit impropriety author (duffy)...

anyways, i sensed a dog (and a trouble with duffy) the very 1st time he quoted me in the politics (which wasn't confrontational at the time)...later, upon me pointing to his excessive political affinity to labeling, he went aggressive in a way i could associate with another poster from the past that frequently flamed the us politics thread with lecturing the yanks...i am not a yankee, but the trolling manner and the style between duffy and that poster (kwikki ?) raised a flag in my memory...i posted so in the us politics along with semper and blutto... all of us purposely vague. mindful not to cross the new sock puppet rule...

anyways, hope the permaban holds and if kwikki wasn't what i thought, i am ready to eat my hat.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

13 May 2017 21:18

python wrote:
Irondan wrote:

I banned both accounts.

well done dan !

he's also a poster who placed a disgusting sexual innuendo for which blutto got improperly moderated by a new mod (KB?) instead of the new mod going after the disgusting sexually implicit impropriety author (duffy)...

anyways, i sensed a dog (and a trouble with duffy) the very 1st time he quoted me in the politics (which wasn't confrontational at the time)...later, upon me pointing to his excessive political affinity to labeling, he went aggressive in a way i could associate with another poster from the past that frequently flamed the us politics thread with lecturing the yanks...i am not a yankee, but the trolling manner and the style between duffy and that poster (kwikki ?) raised a flag in my memory...i posted so in the us politics along with semper and blutto... all of us purposely vague. mindful not to cross the new sock puppet rule...

anyways, hope the permaban holds and if kwikki wasn't what i thought, i am ready to eat my hat.

Interesting, I didn't link that mcduff account with the Kwikki account (yet). That clears up my suspicion that this member has had dealings with me before and not in a good way. I was certain that they had more than two accounts and this helps confirm that suspicion. I'll take some time to see if I can link the kwikki account too, no doubt that it won't be difficult.

Cheers aphro. :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

13 May 2017 21:41

python wrote:
Irondan wrote:

I banned both accounts.

well done dan !

The post you are referring to was deleted. Blutto and Semper both had posts edited to remove the post from quotes. Seems pretty sensible to me.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum