Register

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Re:

21 Jul 2017 18:28

Irondan wrote:
python wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:blutto's bannination makes no sense. I searched his past posts and he has been in the politics thread for the past 3 days. None of that was trolling was it?
No explanation? Seems weird.

agree completely w/semper, though i have not had a chance to read all the posts. BLUTTO is one of the most un selfish contributors posting tonnes of link and references. Reading even 10% of the references , which is about my level, should make anyone better informed on a subject regarding of the biases in a particular direction.

Blutto uses his own brand of irony and sarcasm which may get misinterpreted but is surely not, NOT trolling.

I SUSPECT A MOD who initiated the ban in being not enttirely impersonal...some sharp exchanges btwn the banned and the banner come to mind...l may not be entirely informed, but it may help if we get a snip or better yet a direct line of quotes for which blutto was banned...

Not a challege to the mods but a call to transparency

The decision to ban Blutto was not King Boonan's decision to make alone. We deliberated behind closed doors and came up with the action that was taken. It's possible that we might need to look a little closer at the other party's responsibility in this but only for possible action with that person too.

We're as transparent as we can be, if you have any questions please ask. :)
thank you, dan for some clarifications. It is well known from the multiple explanations of the mod team that NO banning verdict is taken singilarly. That is good and fair. But i specifically said a" mod who initiated....'. I also was rather specific in my request, though being a mod myself for many years (a public admission i just made for the 1st time ever)i Do understand your limitations. The request was direct and clear - pls provide the link or quotes for which blutto received the ban...again, i am in transition having a limited opportunity to read the forum.

Also appreciate your mention of the need for more balance. Cheers.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 18:34

Irondan wrote:
python wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:blutto's bannination makes no sense. I searched his past posts and he has been in the politics thread for the past 3 days. None of that was trolling was it?

agree completely w/semper, though i have not had a chance to read all the posts. BLUTTO is one of the most un selfish contributors posting tonnes of link and references. Reading even 10% of the references , which is about my level, should make anyone better informed on a subject regarding of the biases in a particular direction.

Blutto uses his own brand of irony and sarcasm which may get misinterpreted but is surely not, NOT trolling.

I SUSPECT A MOD who initiated the ban in being not enttirely impersonal...some sharp exchanges btwn the banned and the banner come to mind...l may not be entirely informed, but it may help if we get a snip or better yet a direct line of quotes for which blutto was banned...

The decision to ban Blutto was not King Boonan's decision to make alone. We deliberated behind closed doors and came up with the action that was taken. It's possible that we might need to look a little closer at the other party's responsibility in this but only for possible action with that person too.

I think the rules here were not used on a consistent basis. Just read that thread the person other than blutto was clearly breaking rules and baiting him. MY OPINION.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 18:47

Semper Fidelis wrote:
Irondan wrote:
python wrote:

I think the rules here were not used on a consistent basis. Just read that thread the person other than blutto was clearly breaking rules and baiting him. MY OPINION.

Baiting is highly subjective that is looked at by numerous mods until there's a consensus. Sometimes not everyone agree's with the decision.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

21 Jul 2017 18:57

THIS GM character is a problem.
Sad that this was the outcome.

What in the world is really going on? How can this person / member cause that much trouble and still stand tall?
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 19:00

Never appreciated KB as a poster. As a mod its even worse....
Dazed and Confused
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 19:18

I depreciate blutto's ban. He contributes a lot of interesting articles and posts in the politics thread and is not a troll.
Beech Mtn

21 Jul 2017 19:24

Irondan wrote:
python wrote:

Fwiw, I can't imagine Alpe or Eshnar being being involved in the collective discussion, certainly not with any level of power.
Anyway this will be my last comment on this subject.
Dazed and Confused
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 19:31

Don't know why anyone would threat a x poster with violence in a forum, seems a little silly tbh... but, at least, no more tl;dr posts to scroll down, which occupy half a page.
User avatar lenric

21 Jul 2017 21:00

python wrote:

You have a better memory than me python, pretty sure my last interaction with Blutto was over Grenfell and we agreed. As Dan said, it wasn't a singular decision from myself. It was over interactions in the bikes and gear general section.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

21 Jul 2017 21:30

Irondan wrote:
Baiting is highly subjective that is looked at by numerous mods until there's a consensus. Sometimes not everyone agree's with the decision.

Yes..... but in this case either side could have shut it down at any time. Neither did. One party gets hit with the ban hammer.

Who considers this a fair outcome?

Btw, maybe it's because I don't pay close attention but the current mod team is as good as it's been since the start. Credit where it's due, my opinion.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 21:48

i appreciate Blutto's post here, but i dont venture into politics and other general threads much, but I like Blutto's contribution to the forum.

Edit: Cant see what got him banned and also cant see why if Blutto got banned GM didn't get it as well!!!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

21 Jul 2017 22:26

I wouldn't want to comment on specific things that might be ongoing, we don't get to everything as it happens.

I can say from a general sense that I'm always more likely to be leinient towards someone on the receiving end of trolling/baiting. People do it because it works, so people reacting is to be expected. Of course, if a reaction needs attention and we are aware of it then it will get it.

A few members have received this benefit of the doubt in some interactions I have dealt with. I feel this is probably the best way to moderate but I do welcome any comments.
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

Re:

22 Jul 2017 06:25

lenric wrote:Don't know why anyone would threat a x poster with violence in a forum, seems a little silly tbh... but, at least, no more tl;dr posts to scroll down, which occupy half a page.

Yeah... that was one epic meltdown.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

22 Jul 2017 09:26

Seconding Benotti's post.

Big Blutto fan here.
Openminded, consistently strong contributor. Funny, to the point, and a warm guy too, when the situation asks for it. Would have a beer with him anytime.

Whatever went down, two weeks seems harsh.

That said I realize moderating political talk must not be easy. Can get heated really quickly, and not always for obvious reasons. Doping talk is child's play in comparison.
sniper
Veteran

Re:

22 Jul 2017 12:04

Benotti69 wrote:i appreciate Blutto's post here, but i dont venture into politics and other general threads much, but I like Blutto's contribution to the forum.

Edit: Cant see what got him banned and also cant see why if Blutto got banned GM didn't get it as well!!!

agree 100% with the bolded
patricknd

24 Jul 2017 18:46

King Boonen wrote:
python wrote:

You have a better memory than me python, pretty sure my last interaction with Blutto was over Grenfell and we agreed. As Dan said, it wasn't a singular decision from myself. It was over interactions in the bikes and gear general section.

There is a person / member who rules that conversation in that thread. He talks down and is petty in everything he does there. It is obvious. Yet he gets to stay and the person baited was taken out back and banninated.

Almost perfect. He actually called it before the bannination.
Veteran

24 Jul 2017 20:59

That Is certainly one interpretation Semper.
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

25 Jul 2017 06:13

Semper Fidelis wrote:
King Boonen wrote:
python wrote:

There is a person / member who rules that conversation in that thread. He talks down and is petty in everything he does there. It is obvious. Yet he gets to stay and the person baited was taken out back and banninated.

Almost perfect. He actually called it before the bannination.

I see another one of your clique is back in that thread trying to kick things off yet again.....how do you guys decide who will front up each time.....paper, scissors, rock???
I suppose much will depend on who is banned at any one particular time.

Nice way to ruin what was quite a good thread with some interesting discussions from those in the know.
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

25 Jul 2017 12:35

I lost the interesting discussion around the psychological characterizations. Maybe you can summarize for me Jackie? Boom shacka lacka.
aphronesis
Veteran

Re:

25 Jul 2017 12:58

aphronesis wrote:I lost the interesting discussion around the psychological characterizations. Maybe you can summarize for me Jackie? Boom shacka lacka.

Nah mate, you can do your own leg work....don't be so lazy ;)

You boyz must have some excellent range on those walkie talkies.....who's club captain these days??

Boom, Shacka, Lacka.....NBA Jam!!! Used to love playing that back in the Uni Days....4 playas at once...."he's on fire"...... not you bro....you're just the next cab off the rank......hmmmmm, I wonder who's gonna chime in next??
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum