Register

Forum Login

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

02 Oct 2013 11:31

I recently experienced the same problems both from my self phone and from my laptop.
I was automatically logged out and couldn't access from the forum home page. Everytime I tried to log in a pop up would ask me to insert my username and password but when I clicked log in the pop up kept refreshing and never allowed me to log in.
I even tried to register with a new username (just to ask about this problem) but the same pop up would appear straight away.

I finally hit Flo on Twitter and she suggested trying to access from the main site home page. That worked. So big thanks to her but the problem should be solved.

Cheers.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

06 Oct 2013 03:48

I have a desktop and a laptop. Some glitch logged me out of CN on my laptop. I then changed my password in an attempt to log back into CN on my laptop, but this did not work. After reading other posts in this thread, I logged in through the homepage, but this was not successful either. In the process, I was then logged off my desktop as well as my laptop. Logging in through the home page on my desktop did not work either. I tried registering with a different name, but I am still waiting to have my registration confirmed (approximately 5 days now). About 6 days after being logged of CN on my desktop, I am suddenly able to log in to CN again. What's the deal? The problem is obviously not fixed despite being known for many months and it is not just restricted to mobile devices.
"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
User avatar elapid

10 Oct 2013 19:09

I also had login problems. However, when I changed the "stage" part of the url to "www" I managed to login.
janraaskalt

15 Oct 2013 17:27

janraaskalt wrote:I also had login problems. However, when I changed the "stage" part of the url to "www" I managed to login.

No-one cares to fix it? It is impossible to login via http://forum.cyclingnews.com/ and click on Log In. It does work via login on the home page.
janraaskalt

03 Nov 2013 15:09

I have experienced the same problem. Login from the forum link won't accept a valid password and there's no apparent way to request a reset.
User avatar Mr.DNA

11 Nov 2013 20:28

SafeBet wrote:I recently experienced the same problems both from my self phone and from my laptop.
I was automatically logged out and couldn't access from the forum home page. Everytime I tried to log in a pop up would ask me to insert my username and password but when I clicked log in the pop up kept refreshing and never allowed me to log in.
I even tried to register with a new username (just to ask about this problem) but the same pop up would appear straight away.

I finally hit Flo on Twitter and she suggested trying to access from the main site home page. That worked. So big thanks to her but the problem should be solved.

Cheers.

I've just experienced the same problem. Yeah, it should be fixed. I mean, I don't really care personally but it kind of makes sense to have a 'log in' option on the forum page actually, you know, log you in.
skidmark

23 Nov 2013 02:29

logged on after many failed tries, whats up:confused:
urban attacker

23 Nov 2013 19:44

Had the same problem...kind of ridiculous that there is no way to email someone responsible for the forum...maybe adding a "Having trouble logging in?" link that messages someone responsible for the technical issues with the forum isn't too much to ask, is it?
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

23 Nov 2013 20:19

ChewbaccaD wrote:Had the same problem...kind of ridiculous that there is no way to email someone responsible for the forum...maybe adding a "Having trouble logging in?" link that messages someone responsible for the technical issues with the forum isn't too much to ask, is it?

I couldn't log in for more than a week (and so, had a very productive week). I even went to the forgot password link, they sent me a new one and that wouldn't work, so I emailed back in response and said the password doesn't work. Never heard anything more. Maybe they are trying to get rid of all of us troublemakers?
"Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings."

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
User avatar Hugh Januss
Veteran

23 Nov 2013 21:32

Hugh Januss wrote:I couldn't log in for more than a week (and so, had a very productive week). I even went to the forgot password link, they sent me a new one and that wouldn't work, so I emailed back in response and said the password doesn't work. Never heard anything more. Maybe they are trying to get rid of all of us troublemakers?

That was my thought...I start bar study in 4 weeks...maybe I should have stayed logged out?
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

24 Nov 2013 01:41

ChewbaccaD wrote:Had the same problem...kind of ridiculous that there is no way to email someone responsible for the forum...maybe adding a "Having trouble logging in?" link that messages someone responsible for the technical issues with the forum isn't too much to ask, is it?

Are you new? When has anyone who runs this site ever given a shi[color="DarkGreen"]t[/color]e about the user?
User avatar pedaling squares

28 Nov 2013 17:42

Huh? Didn't your Defense work?
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

30 Jan 2014 11:35

Couldn't log in yesterday either! Kept telling me "An error has ocurred. Please try again". Today it works again
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Veteran

16 Jan 2015 18:19

I cant log in on the Computer as the password is apparently incorrect, when it isnt. I try to change my password, but each time it says the old one doesnt match what I have typed as the old one.
User avatar lemon cheese cake

16 Jan 2015 18:55

From my Computer, I can say that I can now access my account on the computer. The problem has been solved. The problem being me not entering the right information.
User avatar lemon cheese cake

29 Jan 2015 12:10

Okay login seems to be functional again. Even when the site was back yesterday login didn't work.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

29 Jan 2015 15:26

Yep, login has been fixed. If you're still having problems clear your cache.

Cheers

Dan
Managing Editor Cyclingnews.com
User avatar Daniel Benson
Administrator

31 Jan 2015 03:30

Whew, here I thought I was being tossed from the forum because I had posted something stupid in the "music" thread in the cafe, turns out me not being able to log in was merely a technical glitch.

Thanks for fixing this glitch, and I'll go and apologize upstairs in the cafe anyway, it was a really dumb thing to say/post.
User avatar Tricycle Rider

31 Jan 2015 03:33

pedaling squares wrote:Are you new? When has anyone who runs this site ever given a shi[color="DarkGreen"]t[/color]e about the user?

lololol
:D

i tweet Daniel and cyclingnews...couldn't log in for a day or so..

hmm maybe Hugh was right..they were working on trying to off us all
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

01 Feb 2015 12:32

Am currently not able to upload my latest avatar...

I think it is within the correct dimensions. And all it really is is a picture of a confused dog/puppy in honor of the possibly wrong calls made by the refs in today's Super Bowl, the men's final in the Aussie tennis Open, and all the upcoming wrong calls made by the judges in cycling events. :/

User avatar Tricycle Rider

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum