Log in:  

Register

Forum Login

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Re:

08 Sep 2015 15:46

[url=/viewtopic.php?p=1811418#p1811418]mrhender[/url] wrote:
gunara wrote:Where should I ask/report about banned I.P address? I can log in but can't post.


You can PM me (or another mod/admin) the details* and we'll have a look at it.

*-Are you getting a message that the IP is banned?
*- The I.P no
*-and other things you've taken notice of that might be relevant.


Thanks, I've PM'ed you.
User avatar gunara
Member
 
Posts: 659
Joined: 06 Dec 2012 14:42

Re: Forum Login

10 Nov 2015 00:19

I had quite a difficult time registering for the forum. For a number of weeks, after several attempts, I simply never received my "activation email" even though I always got the same response in the registration window, "Your activation email has been sent."

Time and again, I would try, but nothing was ever received on my end. Not in my spam folder, or anywhere else.

Eventually I emailed the admins directly, but even that required some dancing around because the link to contact them only in appears in one of the multiple windows that one encounters during the registration process. Once I did that though, they responded promptly. :)

I was told they had to activate the account "from their end," which is what they did. I do wonder though, how many people may be stuck in limbo, never receiving activation emails, and maybe just give up even trying?

There must be some way to trouble shoot this?
User avatar Jacques de Molay
Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: 10 Oct 2015 21:17

03 Sep 2017 18:35

Hi,

I opened an account here maybe five years ago, and haven't logged in to it for a year or two.

I've no idea what the password/email address for it is, so can't use it. Don't think I can send a pm with this new account... is there any way a mod can tell me the current log in details for my original account, as Vino's Mum, preferably without posting it on this thread.

Thanks in advance.
vm2
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Jul 2016 21:52

Re:

03 Sep 2017 19:01

vm2 wrote:Hi,

I opened an account here maybe five years ago, and haven't logged in to it for a year or two.

I've no idea what the password/email address for it is, so can't use it. Don't think I can send a pm with this new account... is there any way a mod can tell me the current log in details for my original account, as Vino's Mum, preferably without posting it on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Check your PM inbox.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,178
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Forum Login

03 Sep 2017 19:28

Thanks for the pm.

I tried logging in with the pw and get: "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

Not sure, but I think I changed the email address a couple of years ago when I last used the account, and guess I didn't click on a link to verify the new one?

Thanks again...
vm2
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Jul 2016 21:52

Re: Forum Login

03 Sep 2017 19:30

vm2 wrote:Thanks for the pm.

I tried logging in with the pw and get: "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator."

Not sure, but I think I changed the email address a couple of years ago when I last used the account, and guess I didn't click on a link to verify the new one?

Thanks again...

Okay, I've activated the account. Please try again.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,178
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

03 Sep 2017 20:06

Thanks!

I logged in, reset the pw and email, clicked on the email link to activate it after the changes, logged in again to check it's all ok. You're welcome to delete/lock this account as 'vm2', ofc.

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.
vm2
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Jul 2016 21:52

Re:

03 Sep 2017 21:17

vm2 wrote:Thanks!

I logged in, reset the pw and email, clicked on the email link to activate it after the changes, logged in again to check it's all ok. You're welcome to delete/lock this account as 'vm2', ofc.

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

Cool! I'm glad you're logged in with your old account.

I'm going to nuke the VM2 account.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,178
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

06 Sep 2017 19:28

Can somebody also look into securing the forum login too, so every user's password is not sent in plain text? Pretty silly that the site not only defaults to plain http, but does not even have a secure version if you manually change to https...

For reference: https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/not-secure-2017-time-get-ssl-https/
mojomonkey
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 06 Sep 2012 17:28

Previous

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armchair cyclist and 4 guests

Back to top