Log in:  

Register

Position of Ads on page

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

Position of Ads on page

01 Nov 2012 11:13

Is anyone having any problems with the ads and there position on the page? ON my computer, the ads are taking up half the page, much larger than usual.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,325
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

01 Nov 2012 17:42

What ads?
:D

Dude adblock, where have you been?
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
Points: 10 CN Infraction Points
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,918
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 03:19
Location: En el Internet, and Hiding from the UCI

01 Nov 2012 20:56

Yep, it's almost impossible to read the forum this way.

Tell me more about adblock mr chingon.
Pastavore
New Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 07:25

01 Nov 2012 22:55

Pastavore wrote:Yep, it's almost impossible to read the forum this way.

Tell me more about adblock mr chingon.


First off you need either Firefox or Google Chrome browser, once one of those is installed go the the appropriate link below and enjoy life ;)

FireFox AdBlocker Plus Add-On


Chrome AdBlocker Plus Add-On

Also, if you are using Firefox I also recommend the NoScript add-on:
FireFox NoScript Add-On

It takes some time to add all the appropriate scripts you do want to run on your typical websites but its well worth the effort in the long run and its the best fight against hackware on the internet as if any of your favorite sites do get hacked you won't have those new hackware scripts activated so you won't get hacked, Ha!

Key note: Save your CN Forum cookies and make sure to copy them in if you do use AdBlock/NoScript on a new browser profile or different computer, you'll be able to login as before with no fuss! Without them you'll have to remove adblock/noscript (or temporarily deactivate) to log in.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
Points: 10 CN Infraction Points
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,918
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 03:19
Location: En el Internet, and Hiding from the UCI

02 Nov 2012 00:20

ElChingon wrote:First off you need either Firefox or Google Chrome browser, once one of those is installed go the the appropriate link below and enjoy life ;)

FireFox AdBlocker Plus Add-On


Chrome AdBlocker Plus Add-On

Also, if you are using Firefox I also recommend the NoScript add-on:
FireFox NoScript Add-On

It takes some time to add all the appropriate scripts you do want to run on your typical websites but its well worth the effort in the long run and its the best fight against hackware on the internet as if any of your favorite sites do get hacked you won't have those new hackware scripts activated so you won't get hacked, Ha!

Key note: Save your CN Forum cookies and make sure to copy them in if you do use AdBlock/NoScript on a new browser profile or different computer, you'll be able to login as before with no fuss! Without them you'll have to remove adblock/noscript (or temporarily deactivate) to log in.


Thank you:)
Pastavore
New Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 07:25

05 Mar 2013 17:04

Image

Does this thing come on without me clicking anything?
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,174
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

05 Mar 2013 17:08

Zam_Olyas wrote:Image

Does this thing come on without me clicking anything?

Wrong thread?
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,999
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

05 Mar 2013 17:16

Netserk wrote:Wrong thread?


It is annoying as hell, and I am a Trek dealer.
"Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings."

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
User avatar Hugh Januss
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,625
Joined: 09 Jul 2009 00:33
Location: socal

05 Mar 2013 17:17

Hugh Januss wrote:It is annoying as hell, and I am a Trek dealer.

I have AdBlock so have never noticed :p
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,999
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

05 Mar 2013 17:23

I can't sign in using AdBlock so I don't use it.

I don't mind the sidebar or banner ads, but the floating ads are annoying.

Any idea how long the floating ad campaign will last? I'll come back when it's over.

Edit: And now the ads have disappeared. Thanks ad people :)
northstar
Junior Member
 
Posts: 244
Joined: 27 Nov 2012 04:17

05 Mar 2013 17:41

Yes, it is very annoying.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,174
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

05 Mar 2013 18:20

northstar wrote:I can't sign in using AdBlock so I don't use it.

I don't mind the sidebar or banner ads, but the floating ads are annoying.

Any idea how long the floating ad campaign will last? I'll come back when it's over.

Edit: And now the ads have disappeared. Thanks ad people :)


Theyve dissapeared? Not for me, im getting them as many as 3 times a page, on every ****ing page.
The only good is knowledge, the only evil is ignorance.
TheGame
Member
 
Posts: 448
Joined: 12 Mar 2010 14:08

05 Mar 2013 18:23

TheGame wrote:Theyve dissapeared? Not for me, im getting them as many as 3 times a page, on every ****ing page.

Clicking on the go to cyclingnews doesn't work. I can only get rid of it by going to the ad:mad:
It was all I could do to submit this comment I don’t know where the inspiration came from…
User avatar krebs303
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,452
Joined: 16 Mar 2009 11:26
Location: Mexico

05 Mar 2013 18:24

The tech guy josnor or whatever the fuc should participate more here.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,174
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

05 Mar 2013 19:13

The daft Trek banner is coming up every time I load a page. Not a good idea IMO.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,013
Joined: 27 Dec 2010 14:08

05 Mar 2013 20:48

WTF is going on with the cyclingnews.com spotlight ads?

Take that crap off the screen please.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,622
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

05 Mar 2013 20:53

Image
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,999
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

05 Mar 2013 20:53

krebs303 wrote:Clicking on the go to cyclingnews doesn't work. I can only get rid of it by going to the ad:mad:


Clicking off to the side of the add, on the page, got rid of it for me.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,595
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

05 Mar 2013 20:54

El Pistolero wrote: Gratz to Cav.
User avatar Froome19
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,119
Joined: 30 Dec 2011 13:34
Location: London

05 Mar 2013 21:50

Netserk wrote:Image


That's the best that can be done? Pathetic.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,622
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Next

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Back to top