Register

Forum restructuring

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

17 Dec 2013 15:33

Master50 wrote:Yes I know that and here is a quote from the forum rules You should read it. I only supports my particular point of view on clinic subjects. Discussion on AICAR, a positive test result, official investigation, are fair subjects.

"Proof of point, opinions, and common knowledge: you can't just say "we know Bobby the Bod is doping". You have to provide some proof using linked sources or verifiable material. Or, you can just state "in my opinion". If, on the other hand, it is in the realm of "common knowledge", then it is acceptable to make an unverified statement. Be careful - common knowledge would apply, for instance, at the time of this posting, to Lance Armstrong. But allegations of current doping, and current riders, would not be "common knowledge" at this point. To be common knowledge, the "fact" has to have been published, widely read, and widely agreed with. This point is particularly applicable in The Clinic."

Was that part of: The Big Rules, The Other Rules or Guidelines for Posting?
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

17 Dec 2013 16:46

ChewbaccaD wrote:You are aware that The Clinic was created as a place to speculate about doping so that content would not burden threads on racing, right? Somebody's sore about accusations made about a rider he likes I think...:rolleyes:

You got his number. Not that long ago he was berating all of us for doubting Hesjedal, pulling rank with his old "I've been in follow cars behind professional pelotons for a hundred years" routine. You would think that Hesjedal's confession would put a damper on his moral outrage but it appears to have stoked the fires even higher.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

17 Dec 2013 17:40

Personally I can think of something that would be a lot worse than all the (crazy) speculations:
Namely the we don't talk about doping at all stance. Dunno about you guys, but that smells a bit like Omerta to me.

[SIZE="2"]Eeehm... mods... are we... breaking this thread?[/SIZE]
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

17 Dec 2013 17:46

Don't derail the thread people. You are free to create another topic about that.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

17 Dec 2013 18:13

Can we have a sub forum dedicated to Hulk Hogan?
Cyivel

17 Dec 2013 22:13

* Cafe
* Cycling
--- racing
--- fitness
--- clinic
* Support & Moderation
* Babes on bikes :)
User avatar kielbasa

18 Dec 2013 02:41

Netserk wrote:Was that part of: The Big Rules, The Other Rules or Guidelines for Posting?

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/announcement.php?f=11

Lets see it is on the heading that this subject comes under. It covers my objection and clearly says that doping discussions should meet these criteria. I agree.

This thread is being derailed because I mention I don't like the clinic as it is but I offered plenty of on topic thoughts on whether a flatter forum is better or a broader one.

So while BD is all smug now that he thinks he got one on me can we put this thread back on the rails? I like more subgroups it can keep some of the discussion on track. Big subject pools only bury the threads even deeper which I fear might generate even more repeat subjects.
User avatar Master50

18 Dec 2013 09:15

kielbasa wrote:* Cafe
* Cycling
--- racing
--- fitness
--- clinic
* Support & Moderation
* Babes on bikes :)

Bet a lot of people would like that! :p
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

19 Dec 2013 17:42

I think the crank arm length thread and the pedal technique thread both need their own individual sections alone. unless of course you create a section titled redundancy and hyperbole where both will fit perfectly.
User avatar Boeing

Previous

Return to About the forum