Register

This Forum Is Dying

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Re:

21 Jun 2016 19:49

Amsterhammer wrote:
Red Rick wrote:I agreer with Bigmac here. I think it kinda hurts spontaneous discussion.

Which is exactly what your ill-judged and pointless intervention achieved today. I treated this topic with some disdain till today, but if your action is part of the new regime around here, rather than just an individual aberration, I can guarantee a further exodus of sensible, rational posters who choose not to be treated like little kids, especially not by a brand new mod.

Maarten's life may be a fascinating subject, but it's not the topic of the thread, so let's discuss Babes on Bikes shall we?

"Get a life" is not something that needs to be edited out c.q. 'censored'! It does not constitute an invitation to a discussion about that person's life, or to a fight. It is an expression, no more. Giving me a 'warning' for the expression "get a life" leaves me speechless.

Lol, hamster, get a life :D
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

21 Jun 2016 21:00

wear your warnings/bans.....with pride

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

21 Jun 2016 21:00

Amsterhammer wrote:
Red Rick wrote:I agreer with Bigmac here. I think it kinda hurts spontaneous discussion.

Which is exactly what your ill-judged and pointless intervention achieved today. I treated this topic with some disdain till today, but if your action is part of the new regime around here, rather than just an individual aberration, I can guarantee a further exodus of sensible, rational posters who choose not to be treated like little kids, especially not by a brand new mod.

Maarten's life may be a fascinating subject, but it's not the topic of the thread, so let's discuss Babes on Bikes shall we?

"Get a life" is not something that needs to be edited out c.q. 'censored'! It does not constitute an invitation to a discussion about that person's life, or to a fight. It is an expression, no more. Giving me a 'warning' for the expression "get a life" leaves me speechless.

Pretty sure it's just the rude way you usually respond to an opinion different than yours. "You should get a life", while not the most offensive comment one can make, is a totally uncalled for remark which only intends to have a go at the poster and not the post. So just admit you're wrong instead of trying to guilt trip the mod with this tired "exodus/the forum is dying" nonsense.

"Especially by a brand new mod". Lol. As if mods needed a trial period before they could enforce the rules. Not their fault some people feel entitled to some non-existant privileges.
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

04 Jul 2016 12:32

BigMac wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:

Pretty sure it's just the rude way you usually respond to an opinion different than yours. "You should get a life", while not the most offensive comment one can make, is a totally uncalled for remark which only intends to have a go at the poster and not the post. So just admit you're wrong instead of trying to guilt trip the mod with this tired "exodus/the forum is dying" nonsense.

"Especially by a brand new mod". Lol. As if mods needed a trial period before they could enforce the rules. Not their fault some people feel entitled to some non-existant privileges.

No surprise to see this kind of irrelevant response from you, or that no apology was forthcoming from RR. Kindly don't presume to tell an old, native English speaker what words or expressions mean in English. No, I was not wrong, the response was.
#FeeltheBern
User avatar Amsterhammer

05 Jul 2016 02:22

Apology from Red Rick? You can't make this stuff up. The only irrelevant thing was you telling Maarten to get a life. Hence it was deleted. Post, not poster. Really easy to grasp. Are we expected to believe you didn't mean it in a condescending tone? What else can those words mean? You seem to think you can call people whatever crosses your mind and, if mods do something about it, blame political correctness and overzealousness, when they're just trying to keep some minimal standards.
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

02 Jan 2017 06:53

Anyone know what happened in the 2016 Grizzly Tour?
Ferminal
Veteran

02 Jan 2017 08:47

It's been dead for three years, no? Or do you have any idea if it moved on to a better place?
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Previous

Return to About the forum