Register

Is there a bloggers forum on CN?

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Is there a bloggers forum on CN?

20 Jan 2014 17:02

Is there a specific bloggers forum or thread on Cycling News to post new blog posts or is it ok to post that type of content in applicable threads?
brucelee
Newly Registered Member

20 Jan 2014 17:53

brucelee wrote:Is there a specific bloggers forum or thread on Cycling News to post new blog posts or is it ok to post that type of content in applicable threads?

no, there is not a specific thread for that and yes, it is ok to post that type of content, as long as it is in topic and not systematic (can't do publicity to blogs, but if someone posts something and you want to share it no problem)
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

20 Jan 2014 22:15

Eshnar wrote:no, there is not a specific thread for that and yes, it is ok to post that type of content, as long as it is in topic and not systematic (can't do publicity to blogs, but if someone posts something and you want to share it no problem)

What if you user name is..oh, I don't know...brucelee, and three out of your total of five posts were nothing more than promos for your own blog (hypothetically speaking). What would be the policy then?

(Exceptions to be made for the real Bruce Lee, of course.) :cool:

User avatar Granville57

20 Jan 2014 22:37

As long as he doesn't promote some ****ty veggie channel/lifestyle, I'm cool with it. [color="White"]Just kidding, all shameless promo should be deleted.[/color]
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

21 Jan 2014 11:36

I am always of the opinion that Shaolin Monks would make great cyclist.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran

21 Jan 2014 12:00

Granville57 wrote:What if you user name is..oh, I don't know...brucelee, and three out of your total of five posts were nothing more than promos for your own blog (hypothetically speaking). What would be the policy then?

The policy is the same. No systematic publicity to your blog. That means, take part to the discussions and, if you sometimes throw in a link to your articles, fine. Sometimes though. Clearly 3 out of 5 is a lot in proportion, so he should take a break ;)
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

21 Jan 2014 13:08

And of course one can link to a blog in one's signature.

All of this, of course, is assuming that it is not a commercial blog. If you are making money off of it, then you don't get any free advertising.
I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

21 Jan 2014 15:19

Susan Westemeyer wrote:And of course one can link to a blog in one's signature.

All of this, of course, is assuming that it is not a commercial blog. If you are making money off of it, then you don't get any free advertising.

Does Durainrider(sp?) get money from his youtube vids?
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

22 Jan 2014 03:22

Susan Westemeyer wrote:And of course one can link to a blog in one's signature.

Just remember, folks. Spamming the fitness forum with endless guerrilla marketing for your snake oil product is perfectly okay.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

29 Jan 2014 06:29

Netserk wrote:Does Durainrider(sp?) get money from his youtube vids?

Yes he does. He brags about it constantly both here and on sites that dare to critique his sales "techniques".

Like BroDeal said above, surely Frank Day is also pushing the boundaries as well with his Power Cranks.
How to ride like a Tour champion!

proof noun (SHOWING TRUTH)

B2 [C or U] a fact or piece of information that shows that something exists or is true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...ritish/proof_1

evidence noun [U] uk /ˈev.ɪ.dəns/ us

B2 one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...itish/evidence
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

29 Jan 2014 12:04

I think the main reason why both don't just get banned, is that they have gotten away with it for so long. :o

I can't see any other reason why they're still here.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

30 Jan 2014 00:18

Netserk wrote:I think the main reason why both don't just get banned, is that they have gotten away with it for so long. :o

I can't see any other reason why they're still here.

Durianrider has shaped up and generally confines his stuff to his one thread. He has even posted non vegan stuff to other parts of the forum. The number of Frank Day threads keep multiplying like kudzu.

Some real BS is the crap that is going on in the vegan diet thread right now. Apparently someone registered just to attack Durianrider.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

30 Jan 2014 03:02

BroDeal wrote:Durianrider has shaped up and generally confines his stuff to his one thread. He has even posted non vegan stuff to other parts of the forum.

And all of those posts (except for the "**** cyclists say" video - that was pretty awesome) come back to one thing, and one thing only:

How awesome Durianrider is compared to the rest of the forum.
How to ride like a Tour champion!

proof noun (SHOWING TRUTH)

B2 [C or U] a fact or piece of information that shows that something exists or is true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...ritish/proof_1

evidence noun [U] uk /ˈev.ɪ.dəns/ us

B2 one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...itish/evidence
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

06 Feb 2014 19:39

Well for those who maybe hadn't seen it yet, I also have recently created a blog :)

It's in French and it's about spanish history. If that sounds interesting to you then check it out, and if you like it, feel free to share it with your friends :)

http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Veteran

Return to About the forum