Register

The Sidebar Thread

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Re:

10 May 2016 15:19

Valv.Piti wrote:
hrotha wrote:No but seriously, we all agree this is wildly inappropriate, right?

Yup, totally, Contador is a very liked rider on this forum it seems
I am a fan of Contador as well,but I don't see the point why this thread is sticky.
Forever The Best

Re:

10 May 2016 15:30

djpbaltimore wrote:IMO, pinning this thread helps bury the primary thread about Contador that contains a more balanced view of his doping. I don't think either of the two threads was noteworthy enough to be pinned.

If you actually take the time to read the thread, you see that it's not about Contador as a person so much as it is about doping and the role doping plays in the peloton, and about a leader in the peloton who stands up to the tyranny and corruption that has always controlled him and the other riders. We can contrast this to a fake hero of your choice who pretends to be something he isn't, a white bread exemplar of Christian purity and magic miracles, despite all evidence to the contrary.

The Tour de France is a hard race and hard work wins it. There are no secrets. Right?
2016: Year of the Red Fire Monkey
User avatar Maxiton

10 May 2016 15:38

Maxiton wrote:
hrotha wrote:No but seriously, we all agree this is wildly inappropriate, right?

Seriously? Who is "we"? Why would we all agree? Who appointed you to say we all agree? What's inappropriate about it?

My guess is the "we" is non moderator forum users. I'm sure most would agree that it doesn't make sense to sticky the thread.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

10 May 2016 15:49

The thread was stickied temporarily.

It's really not that big of a deal.

Please don't go hyperbolic over something so trivial. It'll be unstickied just as fast as it was stickied.

If you have an issue with the thread, just don't read it. :)

The discussion over this thread being stickied is off topic, if you would like to continue it please do so in the moderators thread.

Cheers :)
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

10 May 2016 15:50

Maxiton wrote:
If you actually take the time to read the thread, you see that it's not about Contador as a person so much as it is about doping and the role doping plays in the peloton, and about a leader in the peloton who stands up to the tyranny and corruption that has always controlled him and the other riders. We can contrast this to a fake hero of your choice who pretends to be something he isn't, a white bread exemplar of Christian purity and magic miracles, despite all evidence to the contrary.

The Tour de France is a hard race and hard work wins it. There are no secrets. Right?

Maybe if YOU would take time to read the thread you would see that I have been posting my opinions here as well. Thank you for your concern, but I know what this thread is about. And my opinion is that both are fake heroes. One more palatable socially than the other, but that is just splitting hairs IMO.
djpbaltimore

Re:

10 May 2016 15:54

Irondan wrote:The thread was stickied temporarily.

Please don't go hyperbolic over something so trivial. It'll be unstickied just as fast as it was stickied.

The discussion over this thread being stickied is off topic, if you would like to continue it please do so in the moderators thread.

Agreed.
User avatar the delgados

10 May 2016 16:03

roundabout wrote:
Irondan wrote:The discussion over this thread being stickied is off topic, if you would like to continue it please do so in the moderators thread.

Considering that I asked why this thread was made a sticky in the moderators thread over 45 hours ago and didn't get any response I am not sure whether to take your suggestion fully seriously.

Edit: and how long does it take to unsticky a thread anyway?

Discuss it in the Moderators thread for as long as you like, just as Irondan said. That doesn't mean your discussion merits a response from the moderators.
User avatar Maxiton

10 May 2016 16:56

djpbaltimore wrote:
Maxiton wrote:

Maybe if YOU would take time to read the thread you would see that I have been posting my opinions here as well. Thank you for your concern, but I know what this thread is about. And my opinion is that both are fake heroes. One more palatable socially than the other, but that is just splitting hairs IMO.

You thought I was contrasting Contador with Armstrong? Think again.
User avatar Maxiton

10 May 2016 17:05

not really, why?
aphronesis

10 May 2016 17:12

Maxiton wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:
Maxiton wrote:

No, I knew who you were probably talking about and that is why I never actually said Armstrong in my reply. Did I?
djpbaltimore

10 May 2016 19:56

djpbaltimore wrote:
Maxiton wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:
Maxiton wrote:

No, I knew who you were probably talking about and that is why I never actually said Armstrong in my reply. Did I?

No, you didn't. I stand corrected. Cheers.
User avatar Maxiton

10 May 2016 20:24

So Maxiton, what exactly made you think stickying that thread was a good idea, or something that a mod should do?
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

10 May 2016 20:34

stickying one's own thread......is up there with.....quoting /replying to

ones own post.......................'good post............'

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re:

11 May 2016 05:10

What's the hold-up?
Bronstein

11 May 2016 14:15

Bronstein wrote:

What's the hold-up?

Is it in your way?

It's rather unclear why posters who ostensibly come to precisely this site for a discussion of cycling and doping would have a problem with a meta-thread that actually acknowledges the imbrication of doping throughout the sport--rather than repressing the issue and dealing with this or that particular rider--and invites speculation as to what that means for the sport as a whole and for all of those who continue to be involved with it. In any capacity.

Not unlike what blackcat was working out in the "cheating" thread.
aphronesis

Previous

Return to About the forum