Register

The Chewbacca Defense Fun

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

27 Feb 2014 13:31

Benotti69 wrote:Wow a professional liar in our ranks...............

Chapeau Monsieur Chewie :cool:

Appreciate it. And remember, it's only a lie of you don't believe it.

ebandit wrote:sure you've done good chewie

when your in your new elevated position be sure to retain your humour in your posts/life

..............and don't let the b4stards get you down

Mark L

Thanks Mark...though I think to most people, "elevated" in relation to attorneys means that I just sank below the level of pond scum. :)

Zam_Olyas wrote:Congrats, Chew man. :D

Thanks Zam!
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 13:34

DirtyWorks wrote:Looking forward to reading about you trying important cases like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z53d9G2fPMI
and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQks_Mvb4NA

I think clip is very instructional too now that all that school BS is out of the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZkbtP-t_D8

Best wishes.

My Evidence professor used a that clip and a another one in class to illustrate some good examples they used. I love that movie.

86TDFWinner wrote:Congrats Chewie!!!

Thanks!!
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 13:35

And just to make sure I'm clear, I took the exam...I haven't gotten confirmation I passed it yet...and I will obsess over that for another month.
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 13:47

ChewbaccaD wrote:And just to make sure I'm clear, I took the exam...I haven't gotten confirmation I passed it yet...and I will obsess over that for another month.

Good luck with the results!
RownhamHill

Q!

27 Feb 2014 13:59

mewmewmew13 wrote:WE HAVE REACHED A MILESTONE!!
Chewie is DONE :):D

WE the Clinic 12 have pulled him through these tough years !!

He has been such a voice of reason :D
I would happily 'call Chewie'!

oh wow this HAS to be in the Clinic

I missed this post somehow. THANKS MEW!!!!
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 15:08

So what kind of attorney will you be?
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 15:41

ChewbaccaD wrote:
Thanks Mark...though I think to most people, "elevated" in relation to attorneys means that I just sank below the level of pond scum. :)

rise back to the level of pond scum by becoming a CN Mod :D
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 15:48

Happy day TFF!

The worst few weeks of my life were the weeks leading up to taking the Bar. Only time in my life I would wake up in the middle of the night from stress unable to go back to sleep ... I'd get up and start studying again at 3am or whatever and my wife would be like WTF are you doing???

Then taking the bar ... during the second day they started setting up an outdoor concert venue right outside the building in which we were taking the test ... and in the middle of the second afternoon they go to soundcheck and crank up Tracy Chapman's "Gimme One Reason" at a volume that shook my table. I think they made it through the fcuking song three times before someone managed to stop them. For a highly frazzled brain that was just lovely. Still hate that song.

Anyway, I know what you've been through and know it feels good to be on the other side! Congrats!
THOR IS ANGRY
User avatar Red Lobster

27 Feb 2014 15:53

Netserk wrote:So what kind of attorney will you be?

A rich one
User avatar Race Radio
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 15:55

Bravo! Now lets get to work doing some social good, if that's still possible.
User avatar rhubroma
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 16:37

ChewbaccaD wrote:Very nice comment. Thanks...though some would argue that I'm really a ******!tter. :)

Problem is that he thinks he knows more about what to do than his attorneys. Dude's a nightmare client.

As long as he's paying turn his cash into lemonade!
Oldman

27 Feb 2014 17:27

Netserk wrote:So what kind of attorney will you be?

Hopefully the kind that gets paid within the next few months.:)
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 17:33

Red Lobster wrote:Happy day TFF!

The worst few weeks of my life were the weeks leading up to taking the Bar. Only time in my life I would wake up in the middle of the night from stress unable to go back to sleep ... I'd get up and start studying again at 3am or whatever and my wife would be like WTF are you doing???

Then taking the bar ... during the second day they started setting up an outdoor concert venue right outside the building in which we were taking the test ... and in the middle of the second afternoon they go to soundcheck and crank up Tracy Chapman's "Gimme One Reason" at a volume that shook my table. I think they made it through the fcuking song three times before someone managed to stop them. For a highly frazzled brain that was just lovely. Still hate that song.

Anyway, I know what you've been through and know it feels good to be on the other side! Congrats!

Yep, I was more afraid of the MBE than the essays. First day though, I'm in the middle of my last essay, and the guy taps on the mic and stays there is 15 minutes left, and then starts giving instructions on what to do afterwards. Well, I'm right in front of one of the speakers, and even with earplugs in, I couldn't do anything but wait. After about 20 seconds of instructions, I said audibly, "Shut the f*ck up." Then about 10 seconds later, in a much louder voice "SHUT THE FU*K UP!!" I don't think he could hear me, but all 5 people I could see stared right at me. Fortunately, he shut the fu*k up.

A couple of years ago, right in the middle of the essays, the power went completely out and stayed out for awhile. People couldn't really see too well to write, and laptop batteries ran out. It was uncool, and they gave not a single second more time...even though the electronic clocks were off too.

It's hazing.
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 17:34

Race Radio wrote:A rich one

rhubroma wrote:Bravo! Now lets get to work doing some social good, if that's still possible.

If there's a way to do both...
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

27 Feb 2014 19:28

ChewbaccaD wrote:Yep, I was more afraid of the MBE than the essays. First day though, I'm in the middle of my last essay, and the guy taps on the mic and stays there is 15 minutes left, and then starts giving instructions on what to do afterwards. Well, I'm right in front of one of the speakers, and even with earplugs in, I couldn't do anything but wait. After about 20 seconds of instructions, I said audibly, "Shut the f*ck up." Then about 10 seconds later, in a much louder voice "SHUT THE FU*K UP!!" I don't think he could hear me, but all 5 people I could see stared right at me. Fortunately, he shut the fu*k up.

A couple of years ago, right in the middle of the essays, the power went completely out and stayed out for awhile. People couldn't really see to well to write, and laptop batteries ran out. It was uncool, and they gave not a single second more time...even though the electronic clocks were off too.

It's hazing.

Maybe they throw some kind of unexpected **** at everyone, hazing like you said. All I know is thank god that's over and done with for my lifetime.
THOR IS ANGRY
User avatar Red Lobster

28 Feb 2014 19:19

ChewbaccaD wrote:Thanks Hiero.

In spite of the snark - I am serious - just in case you doubted. And I am sure you WILL do well - you have a skill with words and arguments. As evidenced here. I'll shut my mouth now before I mess it up with more snark.
It is of great use to the sailor to know the length of his line, though he cannot with it fathom all the depths of the ocean. ~ John Locke
User avatar hiero2

05 Mar 2014 02:39

Seeing that this little soirée has taken on the feeling of a graduation/reunion/retirement party...

Chewie, do you still have that screen shot from when you returned from a ban (as TFF) only to immediately carpet bomb the entire forum with near-identical posts in every, single sub-forum so that every topic had the sub-title "by Thoughtforfood"? :D

Of course that lead to another immediate ban, if I recall. :p
User avatar Granville57

04 Apr 2014 18:45

I passed the bar. I'm going to go eat the he11 out of some sushi now.
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

04 Apr 2014 18:46

Granville57 wrote:Seeing that this little soirée has taken on the feeling of a graduation/reunion/retirement party...

Chewie, do you still have that screen shot from when you returned from a ban (as TFF) only to immediately carpet bomb the entire forum with near-identical posts in every, single sub-forum so that every topic had the sub-title "by Thoughtforfood"? :D

Of course that lead to another immediate ban, if I recall. :p

I'd forgotten about that. Not sure why the mods got so freaked out about that :D
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran

04 Apr 2014 19:15

A proud Clinic 12 MEMBER and a lawyer! Most impressive!! :p

Congrats on passing the bar. Wishing you a brilliant legal career.
northstar

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum