Log in:  

Register

Best "dream team" mods Poll: results

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

13 Mar 2014 23:09

red_flanders wrote:It has little to do with W&G, and I'm sure your persecution by him is in your imagination. I reported your post as insulting, because it was.

If you had "suggest[ed] that someone take a look at their own actions", I would have likely not noticed. What you in fact did was lob yet another personal attack/insult at a forum member.

I find it tiresome and instead of clogging the thread simply reported it. Why act like this is some news flash to you? You have been getting moderated for insulting people as long as I've been here. It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Happy to have this deleted as it's clearly OT.


You guys need looser underpants. I only wrote that he wrote that post while looking in a mirror. If you can't work out that my suggestion was he needed to take a look at himself, then you either don't understand mirrors, or you are reading way too much into what I wrote. (sorry, that probably crosses the line of civility that I didn't learn from society and into "insult.") I see it as truth, but other's opine differently.

As for W&G, I didn't imagine that he lobbed some stuff my way a few weeks back. I don't know exactly why, but I figured I wrote something that vexed him at some point. If he can let it go, great. My experience is that most people can't, especially when given the power to impose their will. Interestingly, Berzin actually was able to do that. I went at him really hard, and he never once did anything moderation wise to take retribution for it. In all honesty, I respect that a lot because if I were him, I don't think I would have had that kind of control.

BTW, I also think you took my post that started with "******!t..." too causticly. After I wrote it and read it again, I realized that it came off more harsh than I intended. Sorry about that. I really meant it to be friendlier than it read, but I can't take it back.
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,293
Joined: 27 May 2012 20:43
Location: Nevada City, CA

14 Mar 2014 00:20

hrotha wrote:Chew and ChrisE for mods. At least make it entertaining.


Nah. TFF and I get along most of the time, except when he is wrong. And, I don't think either one of us would ban anybody.
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,492
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

14 Mar 2014 00:28

ChrisE wrote:Nah. TFF and I get along most of the time, except when he is wrong. And, I don't think either one of us would ban anybody.


I'd even let BPC back, but I would edit every post to read the way I wanted it to read. Every single post.

As for us getting along...I think it's that "two sides to the same coin" thing. :)
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,293
Joined: 27 May 2012 20:43
Location: Nevada City, CA

14 Mar 2014 00:30

ChewbaccaD wrote:I'd even let BPC back, but I would edit every post to read the way I wanted it to read. Every single post.

As for us getting along...I think it's that "two sides to the same coin" thing. :)


That's where we would clash. I would leave his posts alone. Lots of entertainment watching the screeching in the replies.
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,492
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

14 Mar 2014 01:09

ChewbaccaD wrote:And before anyone writes "see, that's the type of thing that would keep you from becoming a moderator," I'd like to point out that I didn't create the guy with two penises. He was born that way, and I can't help it if the intertubes is a fu*ked up mash of Jim Rose Sideshow Circuis and cat videos. I didn't create this ****, I just report on what I see, and I saw a dude with two penises. Two of 'em. Both worked perfectly well for any of their functions. Sure, I can probably be faulted by observing that the guy would need to be ambidextrous to really enjoy life, but who can fault me for that, right? Also, it would be awesome to walk between two urinals in a crowded bathroom and pee in both. Can you imagine the effect that would have on the onlookers?

Man, the intertubes needs more people like me.

Good post Chewie.



Post of the year
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,214
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

14 Mar 2014 01:26

TheGame wrote:i would prefer not to discuss the personal aspects of a members character...
How about the personal aspect of a character's member?

Good comeback, Chewie
Image


ChrisE wrote:Nah. TFF and I get along most of the time, except when he is wrong.

ChewbaccaD wrote:As for us getting along...I think it's that "two sides to the same coin" thing. :)
Is that some sort of veiled referrence to the guy with two...

Nevermind.
User avatar Granville57
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,453
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 16:29

14 Mar 2014 01:30

Granville57 wrote:How about the personal aspect of a character's member?

Good comeback, Chewie
Image



Is that some sort of veiled referrence to the guy with two...

Nevermind.


you guys are creeping me out
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,283
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

14 Mar 2014 05:27

ChrisE wrote:That's where we would clash. I would leave his posts alone. Lots of entertainment watching the screeching in the replies.

You should do it anyway - then Susan has to see WonderLance get made a mod too...

We all know that nobody wants that :D
How to ride like a Tour champion!

proof noun (SHOWING TRUTH)

B2 [C or U] a fact or piece of information that shows that something exists or is true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...ritish/proof_1


evidence noun [U] uk /ˈev.ɪ.dəns/ us

B2 one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...itish/evidence
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,507
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

14 Mar 2014 05:29

ChewbaccaD wrote:And before anyone writes "see, that's the type of thing that would keep you from becoming a moderator," I'd like to point out that I didn't create the guy with two penises. He was born that way, and I can't help it if the intertubes is a fu*ked up mash of Jim Rose Sideshow Circuis and cat videos. I didn't create this ****, I just report on what I see, and I saw a dude with two penises. Two of 'em. Both worked perfectly well for any of their functions. Sure, I can probably be faulted by observing that the guy would need to be ambidextrous to really enjoy life, but who can fault me for that, right? Also, it would be awesome to walk between two urinals in a crowded bathroom and pee in both. Can you imagine the effect that would have on the onlookers?

Man, the intertubes needs more people like me.

Good post Chewie.

Posts like this are the reason the mod team needs you.
How to ride like a Tour champion!

proof noun (SHOWING TRUTH)

B2 [C or U] a fact or piece of information that shows that something exists or is true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...ritish/proof_1


evidence noun [U] uk /ˈev.ɪ.dəns/ us

B2 one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...itish/evidence
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,507
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

14 Mar 2014 12:05

You know, I think the very thing that has made me maybe somewhat "popular" around here, is the same thing that would make me pretty darn horrible as a mod.
After all; staying as far as possible away from any controversial thread is not really a good tactic for a mod.

But anyway, if Daniel, or whoever's in charge of modding people up, suddenly wakes up one morning and asks me to be a mod then my verdict shall be


[SIZE="7"]Cake![/SIZE]

Image
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,217
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

14 Mar 2014 12:41

RedheadDane wrote:You know, I think the very thing that has made me maybe somewhat "popular" around here, is the same thing that would make me pretty darn horrible as a mod.
After all; [B[SIZE="5"]]staying as far as possible away from any controversial thread[/SIZE][/B] is not really a good tactic for a mod.

But anyway, if Daniel, or whoever's in charge of modding people up, suddenly wakes up one morning and asks me to be a mod then my verdict shall be


[SIZE="7"]Cake![/SIZE]

Image


You don't have to actually read the posts. Just pop-in on occasion, delete some posts at random, and write a "You guys are on a final warning..." post and you're golden. Nobody will notice that you didn't actually bother to read anything.
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,293
Joined: 27 May 2012 20:43
Location: Nevada City, CA

14 Mar 2014 13:10

ChewbaccaD wrote:You don't have to actually read the posts. Just pop-in on occasion, delete some posts at random, and write a "You guys are on a final warning..." post and you're golden. Nobody will notice that you didn't actually bother to read anything.


You know...that would probably actually work in some threads. :p But I still read all the posts.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,595
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

14 Mar 2014 13:15

Afrank wrote:You know...that would probably actually work in some threads. :p But I still read all the posts.


I don't hardly see how you could go wrong with that tactic in The Clinic.:)
[SIZE="3"]Not sure I even care anymore...[/SIZE]
User avatar ChewbaccaD
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,293
Joined: 27 May 2012 20:43
Location: Nevada City, CA

25 Mar 2014 19:33

Elagabalus wrote:Bring back Pedaling Squares!! While demanding that everyone stay on topic, he could deride and belittle you and make you love him for it!


Grazie Mille. Derision and belittlement were my specialties. And that was my public persona. The PM's I sent to the likes of TFF (before his username reassignment surgery) and Hugh Januss were much more colourful, but given their ability to take it at least as well as they dished it out, it was far more effective than threats or bans. I'd never suggest that my style was the best approach for any other person, but I do find that too many mods try to be the show instead of helping to direct the show.
User avatar pedaling squares
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,842
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 03:29
Location: British Columbia

25 Mar 2014 20:59

pedaling squares wrote:Grazie Mille. Derision and belittlement were my specialties. And that was my public persona. The PM's I sent to the likes of TFF (before his username reassignment surgery) and Hugh Januss were much more colourful, but given their ability to take it at least as well as they dished it out, it was far more effective than threats or bans. I'd never suggest that my style was the best approach for any other person, but I do find that too many mods try to be the show instead of helping to direct the show.


Your colorful PMs were the best part of being moderated.:D
"Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings."

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
User avatar Hugh Januss
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,625
Joined: 09 Jul 2009 00:33
Location: socal

26 Mar 2014 13:43

hiero2 wrote:I may not have time to post this later, and I'm impatient. SO, without further ado, the short list in the "Dream Team" Mod Poll. After the list - I will tell you why I did this.

Dr. Maserati
Gooner
Granville57
Hrotha
Libertine Seguros
Mewmewmew13
Nowhereman (as mod of BoB)
RedheadDane
roundabout
Zam_olyas

The list is in alpha order - no other significance to the order. There are two exceptions to a strict number count, as I delegated final choice to myself.

Here is why I did these threads and polls. One - a significant portion of the posters in this forum, past and present, think there should be changes in the mod squad. Both in current mod personnel, and in how the forum is "managed".

Two - when I was doing the research to try and help out, I checked out other boards that had better "success" records. Measured by more peaceful relationships, with goodly numbers of posters, valid topics etc. I found a couple of things. Some boards had mods who were "elected" - not be real elections - but by some sort of nomination process from the posters. Some boards had new mods recruited from among the members by the active mod squad. And, the last "successful" technique was an expert-level of recognition. So, just using an imaginary example, if JV were to become a mod. He has a certain level of recognized expertise and position. Usually mods of this type are not public figures, but recognized in the FORUM for their expertise. Dr. Mas would fall into this category, as would the_hitch.

Three - it is my belief the forum needs new blood, and should try to maintain a larger mod squad. This poll COULD be used by the current mod squad as a list of POSSIBLE candidates, whom they COULD contact with the intent of possibly making that happen.

Four - being negative about the current status will not generate improvement, imo. It has not historically, and I believe that makes the point. Therefore, what could I do to help generate a positive, forward-looking, discussion? These threads.

Five - don't forget, I have no current standing amongst the mod squad. If anything, I would expect that my opinions are somewhat discounted by the present crew. Which would be unfortunate, given the level of experience I brought to the table. But, it is what it is.

So, there it is. In my belief, this forum could, and should, have two or three times the traffic it currently generates. Perhaps more. But, it doesn't, and it won't, because the current direction is simply not sufficiently robust to support that kind of posting interest. This is unfortunate, in my mind. The online posting world has been looking for a replacement for rec.bikes.misc, and RBR, for well over a decade now. Still has not found "one". There are some others - but no one has put together the big picture package yet. Imo. Still trying.



Mod squad... OK. Its a little on the sad side that post, but anyway at least you showed you care. :o
User avatar sublimit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,958
Joined: 18 Jan 2010 15:03
Location: southsea UK

Previous

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Back to top