Register

A sad end

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

A sad end

01 Apr 2014 15:38

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you all this news.

Of late we have not seen enough traffic to the forum and posting has dramatically dropped. Cyclingnews can no longer afford financially to keep the forum going. So in a months time the forum will unfortunately need to be closed and removed from the site all together. It has been great discussing and debating with everyone, and hopefully we can all still talk and discuss things every now and then through Twitter or Velorooms.

Daniel Benson has put out a press release with more information on this, located here.

Press Release
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

01 Apr 2014 16:23

Sad news.:(

On the + side maybe now Ill be able to get a life.
[color="white"] would have been better if you said it was legal troubles caused by the clinic[/color]
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

no fool like an old food

01 Apr 2014 16:33

wouldya believe a trusted mod sneaking that one under my radar after I was tired following cycling / walking the dog / mandatory work placement

but my 1st thought was ..............no more clinic disputes etc

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

01 Apr 2014 17:23

And today is April 1st here.
Oldman

02 Apr 2014 18:09

Puts me in mind of a character from Guys and Dolls: Nicely Nicely.

Nicely done.
It is of great use to the sailor to know the length of his line, though he cannot with it fathom all the depths of the ocean. ~ John Locke
User avatar hiero2

03 Apr 2014 06:30

Since when did 1 April become April Trolls Day?
Ferminal
Veteran

08 Apr 2014 21:00

Afrank wrote:It is with a heavy heart that I bring you all this news.

Of late we have not seen enough traffic to the forum and posting has dramatically dropped. Cyclingnews can no longer afford financially to keep the forum going. So in a months time the forum will unfortunately need to be closed and removed from the site all together. It has been great discussing and debating with everyone, and hopefully we can all still talk and discuss things every now and then through Twitter or Velorooms.

Daniel Benson has put out a press release with more information on this, located here.

Press Release

Ban yourself you troll:mad::D
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

Return to About the forum