26%
Previous/Old
65%
Don't know yet/Cant decide
10%

Total votes : 31

Re:

25 Mar 2015 00:11

Captain Serious wrote:This style of forum is pretty good.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/

Their font is smaller than here and they still don't utilise the whole screen when displaying content.

And single line posts take up the same space as a 25 line post with the way the sig and avatar is displayed.

I'd say the style is on par with the new CN forum.
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
User avatar Dear Wiggo
Veteran

25 Mar 2015 09:48

I think it just highlights how subjective these things can be. Everyone could point to another forum or site they use and say "This is good, do this!", but it's just as likely that someone else will dislike that layout and prefer another.
Pete Gale
Front End / UI Developer
Immediate Media
Pete
Development Team

25 Mar 2015 11:00

Having just had my login fixed yesterday I've only had a short time on the new board. There seem to be some limitations in this version that weren't in the older one. Avatars, signatures, etc. After I get through this subforum hopefully I'll have some answers or workarounds to what I perceive as issues :). Plus I hope to find the Enhancement List so I can see what to expect and when. I do know I've started to redo my Ignore List, my friends are gone also so I'll work on that too.

Meanwhile, change is always difficult but if we don't experience crashes and spamming that is a real plus IMO!

Now I'm off to read any relevant threads that may assist me in acclimating :).

Thanks CN for giving us this forum, I enjoy being here!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re: Re:

25 Mar 2015 15:24

Dear Wiggo wrote:
Captain Serious wrote:This style of forum is pretty good.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/

Their font is smaller than here and they still don't utilise the whole screen when displaying content.

And single line posts take up the same space as a 25 line post with the way the sig and avatar is displayed.

I'd say the style is on par with the new CN forum.

Nah, the Big Footy Forum is one of the best I've used. Off the top of my head: it's fast; new posts are flagged when you return to a thread; quotes are minimized (including pictures), but can be quickly expanded (one of the best features, imo); it has unobtrusive 'alert' popups; videos are automatically embedded; it can handle massive traffic, etc
User avatar Captain Serious

Re:

25 Mar 2015 19:40

Carols wrote:Having just had my login fixed yesterday I've only had a short time on the new board. There seem to be some limitations in this version that weren't in the older one. Avatars, signatures, etc. After I get through this subforum hopefully I'll have some answers or workarounds to what I perceive as issues :). Plus I hope to find the Enhancement List so I can see what to expect and when. I do know I've started to redo my Ignore List, my friends are gone also so I'll work on that too.

Meanwhile, change is always difficult but if we don't experience crashes and spamming that is a real plus IMO!

Now I'm off to read any relevant threads that may assist me in acclimating :).

Thanks CN for giving us this forum, I enjoy being here!
i like your attitude !

by the same token, creating a poll on the subject is not cool at all :( it would be understandable if the cn IT team was ignoring or somehow avoiding the issue. quite opposite, they are bending over backwards to listen and follow up. i just changed my mind, creating the poll is not just uncool, it is creepy.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

Previous

Return to About the forum