Register

Forum upgrades

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: peloton, Irondan

Re: Forum upgrades

02 Jul 2015 12:58

Netserk wrote:
BigMac wrote:
krebs303 wrote:Also deleting posts. How long are you able to delete your own posts? I found a couple posts of mine in the wrong thread with no way to remove them.

Hey krebs, you should be able to delete your posts using the fast menu right above them. Right next to the ''Edit post''. Maybe I don't know what you mean.

That is only possible if your post is the most recent one in the thread.

See here: http://i.imgur.com/I3elvb0.png

Didn't know that, it's very odd. Thanks. In any case you can tell me what posts of yours to delete, krebs, if you want, while someone sees if it's possible to change that.
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

05 Jul 2015 17:20

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Is the forum going to be useable during key stages?
User avatar SeriousSam

Re:

05 Jul 2015 17:31

SeriousSam wrote:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Is the forum going to be useable during key stages?

The problem was reported to the dev team. I hope they fix it as much as you.
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

17 Jul 2015 00:00

Hi Andrew,

Embedded quotes. Any chance you can change the quote function so it only includes the post the user quotes and not anything quoted in that post? Editing them is a massive pain and it seems many users really struggle with it.

Cheers,

KB.
User avatar King Boonen
Veteran

Re:

17 Jul 2015 05:58

King Boonen wrote:Hi Andrew,

Embedded quotes. Any chance you can change the quote function so it only includes the post the user quotes and not anything quoted in that post? Editing them is a massive pain and it seems many users really struggle with it.

Cheers,

KB.

I would vote against this: it is useful to have the context for a quote.

Frankly, hard to understand how people are unable to delete the inner envelopes of citation if they want to do so. Even if they don't, the reader can easily enough concentrate on the outer levels of the wrapper if they are confident that they don't need any more clarification of the previous discussion.
User avatar Armchair cyclist

Re: Re:

17 Jul 2015 11:42

Armchair cyclist wrote:
King Boonen wrote:Hi Andrew,

Cheers,

KB.

I would vote against this: it is useful to have the context for a quote.

Frankly, hard to understand how people are unable to delete the inner envelopes of citation if they want to do so. Even if they don't, the reader can easily enough concentrate on the outer levels of the wrapper if they are confident that they don't need any more clarification of the previous discussion.

I think it either needs to be updated or removed. I'm constantly seeing posts with a multitude of quotes incorrectly wrapped, many to the point where it is hard to distinguish what is the quoted text and what is the response. It's incredibly frustrating.
User avatar King Boonen
Veteran

17 Jul 2015 11:46

It's the automatic quoting quotes together with the 5 quotes per post that makes it a mess. It means that people are forced to manually delete some of the quotes when the automatic quote has too many quotes in it. Some people then only delete some of one of the quotes, but in a way that messes with the rest. I believe it is not optimal the way it is now.

In the old forum you could still have quotes within quotes, but you had to add them manually, though the multi-quote option made it easy to just have a list of quotes after each other instead of within themselves.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

18 Jul 2015 19:40

Netserk wrote:It's the automatic quoting quotes together with the 5 quotes per post that makes it a mess. It means that people are forced to manually delete some of the quotes when the automatic quote has too many quotes in it. Some people then only delete some of one of the quotes, but in a way that messes with the rest. I believe it is not optimal the way it is now.

In the old forum you could still have quotes within quotes, but you had to add them manually, though the multi-quote option made it easy to just have a list of quotes after each other instead of within themselves.

Fully agree.

Also, wanted to ask this a long time ago, but what happened to all the signatures?
User avatar Red Rick

18 Jul 2015 19:43

Red Rick wrote:
Netserk wrote:It's the automatic quoting quotes together with the 5 quotes per post that makes it a mess. It means that people are forced to manually delete some of the quotes when the automatic quote has too many quotes in it. Some people then only delete some of one of the quotes, but in a way that messes with the rest. I believe it is not optimal the way it is now.

Fully agree.

Also, wanted to ask this a long time ago, but what happened to all the signatures?

They are still around. See mine for example. Some probably just haven't changed it back in their settings since the forum change.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

19 Jul 2015 09:16

Well I tried that, it didn't work
User avatar Red Rick

Re:

19 Jul 2015 13:48

Red Rick wrote:Well I tried that, it didn't work

Me too
User avatar krebs303
Veteran

20 Jul 2015 21:13

Can the data limit for avatars be raised, please? It is now 6kb, and when I take a picture, crop it and then resize down to the 80x80, it is 15kb. So something like 30kb should be a great improvement.

In case anyone is interested in what picture I'm talking about:
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

21 Jul 2015 21:07

is there any way to put people on super ignore so I don't have to read their quoted posts?
User avatar the sceptic
Veteran

21 Jul 2015 21:19

krebs303 wrote:

Me too

Go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Posting Defaults > click Yes on "Attach my signature by default"

Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Re:

28 Jul 2015 09:32

Netserk wrote:Can the data limit for avatars be raised, please? It is now 6kb, and when I take a picture, crop it and then resize down to the 80x80, it is 15kb. So something like 30kb should be a great improvement.

This +∞

6kb is ridiculously small. You can't make out any details.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

28 Jul 2015 12:11

hrotha wrote:
Netserk wrote:Can the data limit for avatars be raised, please? It is now 6kb, and when I take a picture, crop it and then resize down to the 80x80, it is 15kb. So something like 30kb should be a great improvement.

This +∞

6kb is ridiculously small. You can't make out any details.

Yep definately. My old Avatar was so pixalated(Because it had to be so small) you could hardly make out Stybar winning Strade Bianche.
User avatar lemon cheese cake

28 Jul 2015 13:18

I've sent an email to CN's development about doing this, will let you all know when I hear back from them.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

08 Sep 2015 19:40

I've gone ahead and changed the maximum allowed avatar size to 30kb.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

08 Sep 2015 20:04

Thanks Afrank.
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

08 Sep 2015 22:27

Jspear wrote:

krebs303 wrote:

Me too

Go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Posting Defaults > click Yes on "Attach my signature by default"

Lol, only read this now, but thanks :D
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum