Register

New policy regarding sockpuppet accusations

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: Irondan, peloton

15 Jun 2016 09:51

A similar policy regarding trolling accusations would be much appreciated. Accusations of trolling are often used to shut down a legitimate debate.

For example, ScottSoCal accused me of trolling in the "US Politics" thread for defending an argument which was explicitly supported by no fewer than four current SCOTUS justices (Souter, Ginsburg, Breyer and Stevens).

Also, several forum members have accused me of trolling in the "Upper-body training for cyclists" thread simply for defending a non-mainstream approach to pro cyclist training (always respectfully and with links to reliable sources).
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs

Re: New policy regarding sockpuppet accusations

12 Mar 2017 14:06

....speaking of bad a$$ed sock puppets ( who the mods, and everybody else for that matter, should be on the look-out for...considered no-armed and not that dangerous but really seriously annoying )..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYWq_cb0vmw

Cheers
Last edited by blutto on 12 Mar 2017 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar blutto
Veteran

12 Mar 2017 14:09

blutto wrote:....speaking of sock puppets.....

Cheers

Isn't that miburo's sockpuppet? :p
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

12 Mar 2017 18:54

blutto wrote:....speaking of bad a$$ed sock puppets ( who the mods, and everybody else for that matter, should be on the look-out for...considered no-armed and not that dangerous but really seriously annoying )..

Cheers

That's very funny, hardcore sock-puppetry. I know some little people who will enjoy this too.

(Good band as well, glad I saw this)
Dan2016

25 Apr 2017 19:03

Hello i 'm Nicola Natile from Castellana Grotte Italy , i 'm a huge fan of Nairo Quintana , and i don't like Chris Froome , i create a profile on this forum because i like cycling a lot IN ITALY we have a strong passion for cycling . MY profile was Nairoman and was perma banned because i made errors that i will not repeat , please don't consider me a sockepuppet i apologize me and i don't made mistakes in the future , please i 'm a great fan , i will respect strictly the rules , but give me a possibility , many thanks
KAT
Newly Registered Member

Re:

25 Apr 2017 19:32

KAT wrote:Hello i 'm Nicola Natile from Castellana Grotte Italy , i 'm a huge fan of Nairo Quintana , and i don't like Chris Froome , i create a profile on this forum because i like cycling a lot IN ITALY we have a strong passion for cycling . MY profile was Nairoman and was perma banned because i made errors that i will not repeat , please don't consider me a sockepuppet i apologize me and i don't made mistakes in the future , please i 'm a great fan , i will respect strictly the rules , but give me a possibility , many thanks

Sorry, we don't allow the return of sockpuppets or previously perma banned members.

We expect people to read the forum rules before they post here and abide by them at all times, which you did neither of.

Our policy is strict for a reason, unfortunately you'll have to find another cycling forum to post comments.

Cheers
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Previous

Return to About the forum