Register

How to Do the Thing? (All-purpose Testing Thread)

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

How to Do the Thing? (All-purpose Testing Thread)

19 May 2017 17:41

So... figured I can't be the only one who sometimes can't figure out how to manage the technical part of this forum, so I thought I'd make a thread for testing these things out.

Right, how do you make hyperlink text? Ya know, so that instead of having the link simply being like this

posting.php?mode=post&f=11 (link to this post...) it becomes a word?

[url posting.php?mode=post&f=11]like this...[/url] (except not, coz I can't figure it out.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re: How to Do the Thing? (All-purpose Testing Thread)

19 May 2017 17:46

RedheadDane wrote:So... figured I can't be the only one who sometimes can't figure out how to manage the technical part of this forum, so I thought I'd make a thread for testing these things out.

Right, how do you make hyperlink text? Ya know, so that instead of having the link simply being like this

[url http://forumcyclingnews.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=11]like this...[/url] (except not, coz I can't figure it out.

You would use the "URL" tags on each end, with the end being normal but the beginning tag being used in this manner below.

insert text to hyperlink

Basically you replace the end bracket of the beginning tag with an "=" character and then place the bracket that you replaced at the end of the hyperlink, but before the text that you want hyperlinked. I hope that makes sense and you can see what I'm failing at explaining in my example. :D

It's easiest to see the example when you select the "Reply with Quote" function.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re: How to Do the Thing? (All-purpose Testing Thread)

19 May 2017 18:04

Irondan wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:So... figured I can't be the only one who sometimes can't figure out how to manage the technical part of this forum, so I thought I'd make a thread for testing these things out.

[url http://forumcyclingnews.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=11]like this...[/url] (except not, coz I can't figure it out.

You would use the "URL" tags on each end, with the end being normal but the beginning tag being used in this manner below.

insert text to hyperlink

Basically you replace the end bracket of the beginning tag with an "=" character and then place the bracket that you replaced at the end of the hyperlink, but before the text that you want hyperlinked. I hope that makes sense and you can see what I'm failing at explaining in my example. :D

It's easiest to see the example when you select the "Reply with Quote" function.

Cool thanks!
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Return to About the forum