Register

502 Bad Gateway

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

502 Bad Gateway

21 May 2018 02:45

I did not see if someone already commented about this or this is the right subsection but what started happening recently is I have been getting 502 Bad Gateway on some forum thread conversations. I used to get it if it was late at night or something big happened and the forum crashed but now it is happening on half the threada but not the others. I refresh my webpage and try again but still does not work. Some of the threads that this pops up on work if I click on the first page of the OP but the error comes up if I say go to most recent. I have tried to see if it works on multiple web browers on my phone and they all come up with the same issue.

Any help will be appreciated, especially because I can no longer read the race or stage threads. :(

Thanks
User avatar SHAD0W93

21 May 2018 08:48

It's a networking issue that's not usually something to do with your set up, but you could try clearing you cache and cookies or a different browser. I'm afraid I don't know if any maintenance is ongoing but I'll try find out.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

21 May 2018 09:50

It’s happened to me a few times, I usually give it a couple of minutes, then reload the forum home page via google or whatever search engine you use. That usually works.
User avatar Pricey_sky

Re:

21 May 2018 10:04

Pricey_sky wrote:It’s happened to me a few times, I usually give it a couple of minutes, then reload the forum home page via google or whatever search engine you use. That usually works.

This worked, so thanks! Now I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on what happened during the stages.
User avatar SHAD0W93

21 May 2018 10:09

Happens to me quite frequently. Only when I'm not logged in, and only newer threads/older threads that have been dormant for a while before being resurrected.
(At first it was only when I was on my desktop, now it's also on my phone.)

And for an added bit of irony I got the "Bad Gateway" message when trying to read this thread without being logged in.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

21 May 2018 16:27

It always happens to me. I PM'ed a mod about this, but got no response.
I think it's the sign of a clean rider and a real sportsman to be attracted to the bigger challenge over the ultimate result. Good luck with the Giro/Tour double, Chris Froome. -Phil Gaimon
Forever The Best

Re:

21 May 2018 21:40

Forever The Best wrote:It always happens to me. I PM'ed a mod about this, but got no response.

I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do about it other than alert the devs.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

22 May 2018 19:10

For me it has been an issue only when using Chrome as browser. Haven't had a problem so far with Firefox. From my experience, race and stage threads are more prone to be affected by this particular error compared to general discussion threads.
User avatar Põhja Konn

Re:

23 May 2018 03:14

RedheadDane wrote:Happens to me quite frequently. Only when I'm not logged in, and only newer threads/older threads that have been dormant for a while before being resurrected.
(At first it was only when I was on my desktop, now it's also on my phone.)

And for an added bit of irony I got the "Bad Gateway" message when trying to read this thread without being logged in.

Same thing happened to me and I thought I got locked out of my own thread.
User avatar SHAD0W93

24 May 2018 19:44

I don't think I've had that, but a large proportion of my posts don't go through first time, giving a message "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." Not a major issue, as it always goes OK the second time, but I do wonder what it is about and whether others get it.
User avatar Armchair cyclist

Return to About the forum