Log in:  

Register

How to Use the Ignore Feature

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

rather than an Ignore Feature

20 Feb 2011 12:13

that doesn't show the posts in question...

it would be nice to have a feature that allowed you to put a certain user and their comments in a different colour. like a red flag of sorts, kind of warning you that this person is full of sh*t and guaranteed to raise your blood pressure.

there are a few who incessantly **** me off (i am long time lurker, relatively new poster) and i think it would be a very helpful feature to warn me not to rise to the bait.

it's not a function i have seen elsewhere, so i don't know if it is possible. nor have i ever felt the need before, but this forum is so huge... (why must these idiots post on topics i am interested in, goading me to break Barrus' request not to mention HWSNBN?)
wildeone
 

20 Feb 2011 12:22

wildeone wrote:it's not a function i have seen elsewhere, so i don't know if it is possible. nor have i ever felt the need before, but this forum is so huge... (why must these idiots post on topics i am interested in, goading me to break Barrus' request not to mention HWSNBN?)


If someone is doing that, report them, trying to bait people to start an off-topic discussion is as bad, or even worse than beginning an off-topic discussion
User avatar Barrus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,498
Joined: 28 Apr 2010 19:38

20 Feb 2011 12:31

Barrus wrote:If someone is doing that, report them, trying to bait people to start an off-topic discussion is as bad, or even worse than beginning an off-topic discussion

no, it is my problem -- not theirs; there is no baiting involved... they are trashing other riders for offenses that could easily be said of their idol.

i'm afraid i have a low hypocrisy threshold :o
wildeone
 

05 Mar 2011 19:11

Ferminal wrote:Why should I ignore someone who is so ridiculous? It's obvious that they shouldn't be a member here.

If people are actually encouraged to ignore an individual, it says there is a problem.

I will feed the troll, and quote his posts if it's what it takes.


I was trying to hold on but I've sold out and put somebody ignore for the first time, probably the most annoying person I've come across on message boards in several years.

The thing is I cant flag this person for anything other than derailing threads and being an irritating ****. The trolls can be funny at times but its when you get very dull, condescending people try and take over everything.. It ruins it for everybody.
User avatar sublimit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,958
Joined: 18 Jan 2010 15:03
Location: southsea UK

05 Mar 2011 20:13

sublimit wrote:I was trying to hold on but I've sold out and put somebody ignore for the first time, probably the most annoying person I've come across on message boards in several years.

The thing is I cant flag this person for anything other than derailing threads and being an irritating ****. The trolls can be funny at times but its when you get very dull, condescending people try and take over everything.. It ruins it for everybody.


You say that you ignore me because i "derail threads" but then coming on a " how to use the ignore feature " thread to merely declare that you are putting someone on ignore, is derailing a thread in and of itself. :rolleyes:

Its also funny that you claim to ignore me because i troll and derail threads, but your last attempt to attack me was because I had started a new thread that was completely on topic :rolleyes:


In fact all your "complaints" to me where never anything more than random attempts to antagonize and call names and sarcastic comments.

And while i doubt youll apply the same standards to yourself for the crime of trolling and derailing threads, at least by ignoring me well be spared your random ad hominem attacks that popped up now and again so we are all better off.

Later
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,583
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

04 Apr 2011 21:56

I have people on ignore, why do I have to read what they write
because someone quotes them?

Fix that, please.
peloton
Member
 
Posts: 1,934
Joined: 12 Mar 2009 11:20

05 Apr 2011 00:33

peloton wrote:I have people on ignore, why do I have to read what they write
because someone quotes them?

Fix that, please.


QQ more. Try just controlling what you can and leave the other ...BS alone. That is very easy.
"disc brake enlightenment"
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,093
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

05 Apr 2011 15:48

Did not Dimspace once put a very helpful video on Youtube once on how to ignore users?? :D
mikeNphilly
Junior Member
 
Posts: 284
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 21:04

19 May 2011 20:56

I'm still seeing people on my ignore list being quoted, again, please fix that.
peloton
Member
 
Posts: 1,934
Joined: 12 Mar 2009 11:20

01 Aug 2011 20:52

Still not fixed, please do something about this.
peloton
Member
 
Posts: 1,934
Joined: 12 Mar 2009 11:20

01 Aug 2011 20:55

peloton wrote:Still not fixed, please do something about this.


That's easy, just put everyone who quotes someone on your ignore list on your ignore list.
"Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings."

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
User avatar Hugh Januss
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,625
Joined: 09 Jul 2009 00:33
Location: socal

02 Aug 2011 01:43

peloton wrote:Still not fixed, please do something about this.


Maybe start up your own forum and include this super important feature! Or just ignore people, its easy.
User avatar JRTinMA
Member
 
Posts: 1,290
Joined: 29 Jul 2010 11:27
Location: Philadelphia, PA

02 Aug 2011 02:09

peloton wrote:Still not fixed, please do something about this.


While you are waiting, use your mental ignore button. And remember, the mind requires discipline...
Do or do not, there is no try ;)
User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,636
Joined: 17 Jun 2010 12:25
Location: PNW

02 Aug 2011 11:35

on3m@n@rmy wrote:While you are waiting, use your mental ignore button. And remember, the mind requires discipline...
Do or do not, there is no try ;)


NO! Try not!
Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,799
Joined: 25 Feb 2010 08:54
Location: Kortrijk, Belgium

03 Oct 2011 21:05

Is there an ignore feature for threads? If certain threads you find uninteresting or offensive, for any reason, even though it doesn't violate forum guidelines, is it possible to ignore that thread entirely and prevent it from showing up when logging in?

If not, is such a feature possible?
User avatar ImmaculateKadence
Member
 
Posts: 1,095
Joined: 29 Oct 2009 16:33

03 Oct 2011 21:32

ImmaculateKadence wrote:Is there an ignore feature for threads? If certain threads you find uninteresting or offensive, for any reason, even though it doesn't violate forum guidelines, is it possible to ignore that thread entirely and prevent it from showing up when logging in?

If not, is such a feature possible?


nah, cn use vbulletin and its not an option on there.

I do wish they would upgrade to the new version though. Subscribe to threads is then an option, user reputations, theres also things like global ignore so mods can put a person as ignored by everyone. blogs and all sorts of extra things like youtube embedding
TeamSkyFans
 

04 Oct 2011 13:59

TeamSkyFans wrote:nah, cn use vbulletin and its not an option on there.

I do wish they would upgrade to the new version though. Subscribe to threads is then an option, user reputations, theres also things like global ignore so mods can put a person as ignored by everyone. blogs and all sorts of extra things like youtube embedding


Well darn, I was hoping I could make navigating the forums just a little quicker with a little less clutter. Thanks TSF.
User avatar ImmaculateKadence
Member
 
Posts: 1,095
Joined: 29 Oct 2009 16:33

18 May 2012 15:47

peloton wrote:Still not fixed, please do something about this.


do me a favor and put me on your ignore list

thanks
User avatar Boeing
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,158
Joined: 17 Jul 2009 04:56
Location: SoCal

18 May 2012 15:53

ImmaculateKadence wrote:Is there an ignore feature for threads? If certain threads you find uninteresting or offensive, for any reason, even though it doesn't violate forum guidelines, is it possible to ignore that thread entirely and prevent it from showing up when logging in?

If not, is such a feature possible?


Have the mental strength to not click on them?
User avatar Caruut
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,204
Joined: 30 Oct 2011 18:26

18 Jun 2012 08:38

I know this hasn't got anything to do with the 'ignore feature' but how do you create a poll when creating a thread.

It says at the bottom 'Post a Poll'
And I click, 'Yes, post a poll with this thread'
And then I choose the numbers of poll options, but how do you choose what's going to be in the poll (e.g, what riders, teams...)?
David Walsh:
We're 3 years into the Froome story. At the 3 year point into my investigation into Armstrong I had 6 people in his team who told me he doped.
I haven't had one person who has given me anything to go on... I certainly believe his claims.
User avatar Ruby United
Member
 
Posts: 1,639
Joined: 03 Jan 2012 18:16
Location: London

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Back to top