Register

How to Use the Ignore Feature

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

02 Jan 2010 00:32

Roadhouse wrote:what the hell is that? let me explain something to you missy, if i was to say i was outside of Austin, then i wouldn't be in Austin thus for i could only be considered outside of it and not too mention, i said so in the first place. now if the shoe fits then wear it or in your case, the dunce cap.

"Fly me to the moon!!" :)

Never have 70 words been more wasted.
"Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings."

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
User avatar Hugh Januss
Veteran

02 Jan 2010 01:24

you counted my words? too funny. and here in Texas if i were to say i was just outside of Austin than i could very well be in Dallas but i prefer being just outside of Austin here in Houston. and your lack of ability to ignore me on the how to use the ignore feature thread speaks volumes about you and the people in your circle, just saying.

me? i said i'll chose to ignore no one and besides, you keep giving me candy so what the hey, i like you...:)
Roadhouse

02 Jan 2010 16:14

Kudos to the moderators of this place for not banning me and for not removing those posts. i only went that distance to prove what an ignore feature should be capable of and that people need insight to be able to use it if you are going to. petty to argue like that anywhere let alone a simple forum just to show one another up.

anywho, it's a nice cycling forum you all have here and i appreciate you letting me hang around and i for one will not be using the ignore feature on anyone.

Preston.
Roadhouse

02 Jan 2010 18:33

Roadhouse wrote:Kudos to the moderators of this place for not banning me and for not removing those posts. i only went that distance to prove what an ignore feature should be capable of and that people need insight to be able to use it if you are going to. petty to argue like that anywhere let alone a simple forum just to show one another up.

anywho, it's a nice cycling forum you all have here and i appreciate you letting me hang around and i for one will not be using the ignore feature on anyone.

Preston.

Interesting sentiment from someone who's first post was
Roadhouse here. didn't see any newbie threads so thought i'd say aloha in my own thread. thanks for having me and looking forwards to annoying the hell outta you Lance haters!

Preston.
I really don't consider myself part of any circle and will agree or disagree with any post or poster based on what I consider to be the merits of their statements. What you call "Lance haters" are the cycling fans who no longer are able to be fooled by the Lance PR campaign. But the real "haters" are the people who hate anyone who disapproves of their hero.

User avatar Hugh Januss
Veteran

02 Jan 2010 20:08

I'm sorry, did someone say something? ;)
Roadhouse

03 Jan 2010 02:23

Roadhouse wrote:Kudos to the moderators of this place for not banning me and for not removing those posts..

Actually, I found your exchange with Hugh quite amusing.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Veteran

03 Jan 2010 02:55

Alpe d'Huez wrote:Actually, I found your exchange with Hugh quite amusing.

cool beans. wasn't trying to be offensive, just right. :D
Roadhouse

03 Jan 2010 03:22

Roadhouse wrote:Kudos to the moderators of this place for not banning me and for not removing those posts. i only went that distance to prove what an ignore feature should be capable of and that people need insight to be able to use it if you are going to. petty to argue like that anywhere let alone a simple forum just to show one another up.

Preston.

Wherever you got that from it's wrong. Not trying to speak on behalf of them, but mods are only going to take action if a person is aggressive towards other members, or persistently ruins discussions.

Try not to have any preconceptions and just experience it for yourself. If you come here with your mind made up that everyone is out to get you, you're more likely to have a harder time.

I know you weren't being overly serious, just thought I'd say that though.
Ferminal
Veteran

03 Jan 2010 04:13

Ferminal wrote:Wherever you got that from it's wrong. Not trying to speak on behalf of them, but mods are only going to take action if a person is aggressive towards other members, or persistently ruins discussions.

Try not to have any preconceptions and just experience it for yourself. If you come here with your mind made up that everyone is out to get you, you're more likely to have a harder time.

I know you weren't being overly serious, just thought I'd say that though.

i was dead serious. and the only preconception i have is that you may just have a preconception about me but in a way you kinda just proved it as i don't think anyone is out to get me other than me and i could care less one way or the other if they were anywho. just saying but thanks for the 'insight'.
Roadhouse

03 Jan 2010 05:28

Kudos to the moderators of this place for not banning me and for not removing those posts

It was in bold.
Ferminal
Veteran

03 Jan 2010 15:52

i take it you are a woman? :)
Roadhouse

03 Jan 2010 23:42

How did you guess?
Ferminal
Veteran

04 Jan 2010 01:27

you talk too much. :)
Roadhouse

04 Jan 2010 02:19

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 33
User Name Posts
Roadhouse 12
Hugh Januss 5
Alpe d'Huez 5
Ferminal 4
craig1985 2
ludwig 1
BroDeal 1
hoolaparara 1
peloton 1
Race Radio 1
Ferminal
Veteran

04 Jan 2010 03:43

men always win. :p
Roadhouse

04 Jan 2010 17:31

Roadhouse wrote:men always win. :p

Unless they talk too much.

User avatar Hugh Januss
Veteran

05 Jan 2010 02:11

Well all in all that was the most fun I've ever had introducing myself on a forum. Thanks ladies and no hard feelings, I'm just goofing around.

Preston.
Roadhouse

26 Feb 2010 05:47

Roadhouse wrote:you talk too much. :)

Heyyyyy careful with that remark! :P

Hugh Januss wrote:Unless they talk too much.

Hahahaha I agree!

Anyway, thanks for the iggy button information.
User avatar JessyBurke

21 Oct 2010 22:36

BroDeal wrote:I think the ignore feature is just papering over the problem. The only ones who will use it are the regular members. Meanwhile the casual readers will still see a deluge of stupidity from our resident troll. It won't be so bad because fewer people will respond to him, but it will still be disruptive.

In addition it tends to create factions and threads with people telling each other how great they each are like a Private Idaho
User avatar Boeing

05 Feb 2011 05:21

ya'll spend too much time partonizing coming up with varying definitions outlining what is and isnt cool to post iyho. in some respects it is as bad as the trolling and encourages it.

there are as many " I was here first" "he isnt talking about cycling" I am talking about cycling" 'Your take is old news'....'you should have used search'...blah blah I don't like this and that....

just let it police itself
User avatar Boeing

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum