Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re:

18 Apr 2017 16:13

RedheadDane wrote:Having joined in 2015 in new compared to an oldtimer such as myself.
BTW, you're new too.

Yes, he's relatively new. But my 5500+/- posts makes me not so new.

Let me explain... If a person joined in 2009 and has posted just 34 comments (I just read a post by someone like this yesterday) does that make them an old veteran because they joined 8 years ago? Not to me it doesn't. It makes them no different or newer than a person that joined a month ago and has posted 34 comments.

Why? Because there's a certain skillset you gain with experience in posting comments that time alone cannot give. Obviously a member becomes better at formulating, articulating and posting a comment with the increasing amount of comments that they post. Can this same experience be gained by passing time?

Okay, my ridiculous retort is over. Back to regularly scheduled commenting. :D

Cheers :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2017 21:47

Beech Mtn wrote:Were you posting naked Contador pics or threatening bodily harm to Oleg? :D

I'll have to consult my lawyer before I answer your question.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

21 Apr 2017 05:10

Now I won't be able to read Pisto's comments in the (unlikely) event that Valverde will win Líege solo, I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing.
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

Re:

21 Apr 2017 23:39

Valv.Piti wrote:Now I won't be able to read Pisto's comments in the (unlikely) event that Valverde will win Líege solo, I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing.

Well Pisto only copped a 7 day holiday so I'm sure by mid next week we will all be lucky to read the beauty that are El Pistoleros thoughts on how shockingly bad and undeserving anyone who doesn't solo from 100 k's out to win a race truly is :D
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

24 Apr 2017 04:44

StryderHells wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:Now I won't be able to read Pisto's comments in the (unlikely) event that Valverde will win Líege solo, I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing.

Well Pisto only copped a 7 day holiday so I'm sure by mid next week we will all be lucky to read the beauty that are El Pistoleros thoughts on how shockingly bad and undeserving anyone who doesn't solo from 100 k's out to win a race truly is :D

You mean how shockingly bad any rider not named Boonen, Gilbert or Contador is...
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

26 Apr 2017 14:48

42x16ss wrote:
StryderHells wrote:

You mean how shockingly bad any rider not named Boonen, Gilbert or Contador is...

Get ready, only a couple of days left.
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

26 Apr 2017 14:55

Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

19 May 2017 21:29

Why can mods and admins not be on your ignore list? Is this because they can't PM you otherwise?
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

19 May 2017 22:10

LaFlorecita wrote:Why can mods and admins not be on your ignore list? Is this because they can't PM you otherwise?

Yes, that's part of the reason. The other part is that you can't just decide to ignore moderators, otherwise the entire forum would ignore us all. :D

If you or anyone else feels that they need to ignore a mod there's a bigger problem going on and it would be best if you contacted a different mod to help facilitate a solution that works for you. Feel free to contact me or another moderator via PM anytime. :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

20 May 2017 00:18

That's a hilarious idea to me... having mods and admin, but members being able to put them on their ignore list. Brilliant, in a totally absurdist comedy way. Straight out of a Woody Allen script. :D
Dan2016

20 May 2017 15:28

Irondan wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Why can mods and admins not be on your ignore list? Is this because they can't PM you otherwise?

Yes, that's part of the reason. The other part is that you can't just decide to ignore moderators, otherwise the entire forum would ignore us all. :D

If you or anyone else feels that they need to ignore a mod there's a bigger problem going on and it would be best if you contacted a different mod to help facilitate a solution that works for you. Feel free to contact me or another moderator via PM anytime. :)

I've PM'ed - no worries I have no issues with the mod :)

Dan2016 wrote:That's a hilarious idea to me... having mods and admin, but members being able to put them on their ignore list. Brilliant, in a totally absurdist comedy way. Straight out of a Woody Allen script. :D

Yes :D
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

24 May 2017 14:38

Three confirmed kills for King Boonen so far. Two more and he becomes an Ace.
User avatar fmk_RoI

25 May 2017 15:58

Fish in a barrel so far.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

15 Jun 2017 10:10

Eeeeh... was a bunch of posts in this thread deleted?
Actually, I know I saw those posts, and I think I know why they got deleted...
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

23 Jun 2017 12:52

What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Re:

23 Jun 2017 13:04

Jspear wrote:What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p

One of our moderators "Peloton" has been missing in action for over a month, which at this time of year is not the greatest timing to pull a houdini, so we decided to give Valv.piti the job since he's a regular contributor to the forum and will take the job seriously. I'll make a thread to announce his newfound status soon. :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re:

23 Jun 2017 19:12

Jspear wrote:What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p

Yeah, I hope they took that into consideration when they gave him the job. I'm not too comfortable with a mod who's repeatedly stated he dislikes me and my posts in the Contador thread.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

23 Jun 2017 19:39

Let's give Valv.piti a chance before we jump up and down. As always, if anyone has a problem with a mods behaviour you can PM another mod or post here. Regulars in the clinic will know I have very big disagreements with some other regulars but we're not here to moderate opinions, no matter how much we disagree, that would be completely wrong.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re:

23 Jun 2017 19:59

King Boonen wrote:Let's give Valv.piti a chance before we jump up and down. As always, if anyone has a problem with a mods behaviour you can PM another mod or post here. Regulars in the clinic will know I have very big disagreements with some other regulars but we're not here to moderate opinions, no matter how much we disagree, that would be completely wrong.

Isn't jumping up and down usually something you do when you think things are awesome? :p
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

23 Jun 2017 20:13

LaFlorecita wrote:

Yeah, I hope they took that into consideration when they gave him the job. I'm not too comfortable with a mod who's repeatedly stated he dislikes me and my posts in the Contador thread.

Yes, because one of the requisites to be a moderator is to like everyone here and their posts...

Anyway, congrats to the administrators and moderators. Valv.Pity's a guy who doesn't try to be the nicest one in the playground by trying to please everyone. Imo, good choice.
User avatar lenric

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum