Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re:

09 Jul 2017 18:05

Netserk wrote:Smells like spamware. I haven't seen any such links.

Hmmm. They seem to appear and disappear. Now I don't see any. Time for a virus scan,thanks :)

edit: scan couldn't find any issues.. do you use ad blocker? Might that be the difference?
Last edited by LaFlorecita on 09 Jul 2017 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

09 Jul 2017 18:06

It's explained here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33176
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

Re:

09 Jul 2017 18:09

Red Rick wrote:It's explained here.

So not an issue on my side
Thanks for the explanation :)
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re:

09 Jul 2017 18:58

Red Rick wrote:It's explained here.

If that's what i think it is, it doens't create a link from said word. It highlights it but the hyperlink is not in the post per se.

An adblocker should do the trick.
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

09 Jul 2017 18:59

Given that I haven't seen any of such links/highlights, it could very well be thanks to my adblocker.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

09 Jul 2017 19:13

Netserk wrote:Given that I haven't seen any of such links/highlights, it could very well be thanks to my adblocker.

Same here.
kingjr

09 Jul 2017 23:32

I know moderators have a tough job, particularly in days like today, when they want to watch a stage, but they also have to keep an eye on how people behave here and sometimes there's a thin line between what's acceptable and what's perceived as acceptable by "regular" posters. However, it's becoming trickier to understand the concept of trolling.
El Pistolero, for example, trolled hard today, like others have done in the past, yet nothing happened.
Either I'm misunderstanding that concept, which is apparently likely, or its limits fluctuate according to the phase of the cycling season we're in.
User avatar lenric

Re:

10 Jul 2017 01:48

lenric wrote:I know moderators have a tough job, particularly in days like today, when they want to watch a stage, but they also have to keep an eye on how people behave here and sometimes there's a thin line between what's acceptable and what's perceived as acceptable by "regular" posters. However, it's becoming trickier to understand the concept of trolling.
El Pistolero, for example, trolled hard today, like others have done in the past, yet nothing happened.
Either I'm misunderstanding that concept, which is apparently likely, or its limits fluctuate according to the phase of the cycling season we're in.

We've talked about this before....

We don't read every single post the moment it's posted and during the Tour we can't possibly even try to read them all. We (mods) rely on members to report trolling and other infractions. I just looked to see if there were any reports filed on the comments that you mentioned and did not find any.

If you're expecting us to be more than we are then you will just be disappointed, we're just volunteers that rely on other members for help in doing a thankless job.

If you have an issue with a comment, report it. If after you report a comment you're still not satisfied then come to this thread and complain about it but doing so without doing your part isn't exactly fair to mods.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2017 02:42

Irondan wrote:
lenric wrote:I know moderators have a tough job, particularly in days like today, when they want to watch a stage, but they also have to keep an eye on how people behave here and sometimes there's a thin line between what's acceptable and what's perceived as acceptable by "regular" posters. However, it's becoming trickier to understand the concept of trolling.

We've talked about this before....

We don't read every single post the moment it's posted and during the Tour we can't possibly even try to read them all. We (mods) rely on members to report trolling and other infractions. I just looked to see if there were any reports filed on the comments that you mentioned and did not find any.

If you're expecting us to be more than we are then you will just be disappointed, we're just volunteers that rely on other members for help in doing a thankless job.

If you have an issue with a comment, report it. If after you report a comment you're still not satisfied then come to this thread and complain about it but doing so without doing your part isn't exactly fair to mods.

I'm being fair with moderators. I reported 2 posts and tried to report another 2, but someone had already done it.
User avatar lenric

Previous

Return to About the forum