Log in:  

Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Moderators

27 Jan 2017 16:54

Irondan wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
Wallace wrote:The moderators here are either asleep or so high on drugs they can't read. I just threatened to kill another poster and I haven't been banned. What the f*uck do you have to do to get a permaban around here, kill a mod?

I did not see this "jewel". Saw where you threatened to kill Scott but not the moderators.

Never ever have I wanted to see anyone banninated. That was before I read the garbage you posted in the politics thread directed at Scott and then this dumpster fire post. I would say have a nice day but that just will not happen.

A jewel it was! I haven't seen a post quite like that one in my time as a moderator.

I gotta give him props though for helping mods do their jobs so much easier! lol

If it would not be too much to ask, could everyone follow Wallace's lead and self report any transgressions to the moderators thread? Another helpful tidbit would be to make sure to insult and threaten mods, that way we don't have to have those silly conversations with each other about proper action to take when we can go straight to permaban.... :D

I'm just kidding, I was being facetious. Obviously this was an extraordinary situation in that the poster made mods jobs easy by self reporting his offence to the moderators thread.

I joke about the post in the moderators thread but the offending post that has since been removed was no laughing matter. Wallace threatened to kill another forum member and even claimed to have this forum member's home address. Let's all hope that what was said was just internet bluster and not something that would be followed through with. I also commend the person that was threatened for maintaining their composure during the exchange. Personally, I think Wallace would have his hands full if he were to actually show up at said persons residence... :(

For sure made the moderators job easier.

Sad that conversations will sink to that level.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,924
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

27 Jan 2017 17:48

Takes all the fun out of the picture I linked in response to his post.
aphronesis
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,666
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

Re: Moderators

27 Jan 2017 18:25

Irondan wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
Wallace wrote:The moderators here are either asleep or so high on drugs they can't read. I just threatened to kill another poster and I haven't been banned. What the f*uck do you have to do to get a permaban around here, kill a mod?

I did not see this "jewel". Saw where you threatened to kill Scott but not the moderators.

Never ever have I wanted to see anyone banninated. That was before I read the garbage you posted in the politics thread directed at Scott and then this dumpster fire post. I would say have a nice day but that just will not happen.

A jewel it was! I haven't seen a post quite like that one in my time as a moderator.

I gotta give him props though for helping mods do their jobs so much easier! lol

If it would not be too much to ask, could everyone follow Wallace's lead and self report any transgressions to the moderators thread? Another helpful tidbit would be to make sure to insult and threaten mods, that way we don't have to have those silly conversations with each other about proper action to take when we can go straight to permaban.... :D

I'm just kidding, I was being facetious. Obviously this was an extraordinary situation in that the poster made mods jobs easy by self reporting his offence to the moderators thread.

I joke about the post in the moderators thread but the offending post that has since been removed was no laughing matter. Wallace threatened to kill another forum member and even claimed to have this forum member's home address. Let's all hope that what was said was just internet bluster and not something that would be followed through with. I also commend the person that was threatened for maintaining their composure during the exchange. Personally, I think Wallace would have his hands full if he were to actually show up at said persons residence... :(


....laugh all you want young man but the bolded bit definitely qualifies for a multi-keyboard penalty.....a jury of our/yours/somebodies peers will decide on the final number and they will contact you forthwith or hitherto for or henceforth or something...

....geez what a turn of events.....that being said you ended it with a good laugh and a nice swift kick....and btw those are high quality keyboards we're talking not cut rate junk...Glenn, a serial offender has gone that route on several occasions, and not to mention chronically late deliveries, so no hanky panky....

....btw has the forum been thoroughly checked for bodies and are all forum members accounted for ?.....like you never know eh....like it may have went past the threat stage on some other thread or something ????.....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,335
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

27 Jan 2017 21:16

That was weird. Well done to Scott for staying exceptionally calm, but that was weird. Really weird. He just flipped completely. Out of nowhere.
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,999
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Re: Moderators

28 Jan 2017 08:45

Irondan wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
Wallace wrote:The moderators here are either asleep or so high on drugs they can't read. I just threatened to kill another poster and I haven't been banned. What the f*uck do you have to do to get a permaban around here, kill a mod?

I did not see this "jewel". Saw where you threatened to kill Scott but not the moderators.

Never ever have I wanted to see anyone banninated. That was before I read the garbage you posted in the politics thread directed at Scott and then this dumpster fire post. I would say have a nice day but that just will not happen.

A jewel it was! I haven't seen a post quite like that one in my time as a moderator.

I gotta give him props though for helping mods do their jobs so much easier! lol

If it would not be too much to ask, could everyone follow Wallace's lead and self report any transgressions to the moderators thread? Another helpful tidbit would be to make sure to insult and threaten mods, that way we don't have to have those silly conversations with each other about proper action to take when we can go straight to permaban.... :D


Errr... I might a couple of times have been a bit too quick to take Jancouver's bait in arguing about the worthiness of the Australian races, thus going off-topic in a thread that's supposed to be about the actual racing.
And I guess I'm kinda spamming right now. :p

Didn't see what happened with regards to Wallace and Scott, but I kinda hope that since Wallace chose to self-report he realised his mistake.
Or maybe he was trying to prove a point about how useless the mods are, you never know... :rolleyes:
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,353
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Moderators

28 Jan 2017 10:36

RedheadDane wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
Wallace wrote:The moderators here are either asleep or so high on drugs they can't read. I just threatened to kill another poster and I haven't been banned. What the f*uck do you have to do to get a permaban around here, kill a mod?

I did not see this "jewel". Saw where you threatened to kill Scott but not the moderators.

Never ever have I wanted to see anyone banninated. That was before I read the garbage you posted in the politics thread directed at Scott and then this dumpster fire post. I would say have a nice day but that just will not happen.

A jewel it was! I haven't seen a post quite like that one in my time as a moderator.

I gotta give him props though for helping mods do their jobs so much easier! lol

If it would not be too much to ask, could everyone follow Wallace's lead and self report any transgressions to the moderators thread? Another helpful tidbit would be to make sure to insult and threaten mods, that way we don't have to have those silly conversations with each other about proper action to take when we can go straight to permaban.... :D


Errr... I might a couple of times have been a bit too quick to take Jancouver's bait in arguing about the worthiness of the Australian races, thus going off-topic in a thread that's supposed to be about the actual racing.
And I guess I'm kinda spamming right now. :p

Didn't see what happened with regards to Wallace and Scott, but I kinda hope that since Wallace chose to self-report he realised his mistake.
Or maybe he was trying to prove a point about how useless the mods are, you never know... :rolleyes:

If he realised his mistake, he would've edited or deleted his message.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 10,208
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Procrastination nation

Re: Moderators

30 Jan 2017 12:39

RedheadDane wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
Wallace wrote:The moderators here are either asleep or so high on drugs they can't read. I just threatened to kill another poster and I haven't been banned. What the f*uck do you have to do to get a permaban around here, kill a mod?

I did not see this "jewel". Saw where you threatened to kill Scott but not the moderators.

Never ever have I wanted to see anyone banninated. That was before I read the garbage you posted in the politics thread directed at Scott and then this dumpster fire post. I would say have a nice day but that just will not happen.

A jewel it was! I haven't seen a post quite like that one in my time as a moderator.

I gotta give him props though for helping mods do their jobs so much easier! lol

If it would not be too much to ask, could everyone follow Wallace's lead and self report any transgressions to the moderators thread? Another helpful tidbit would be to make sure to insult and threaten mods, that way we don't have to have those silly conversations with each other about proper action to take when we can go straight to permaban.... :D


Errr... I might a couple of times have been a bit too quick to take Jancouver's bait in arguing about the worthiness of the Australian races, thus going off-topic in a thread that's supposed to be about the actual racing.
And I guess I'm kinda spamming right now. :p

Didn't see what happened with regards to Wallace and Scott, but I kinda hope that since Wallace chose to self-report he realised his mistake.
Or maybe he was trying to prove a point about how useless the mods are, you never know... :rolleyes:

I don't think you can walk back comments like that.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,924
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re:

12 Feb 2017 13:23

Red Rick wrote:How about agreeing to disagree and moving on. I'm pretty sure we've all made up our minds about this. Please keep the personal stuff out of this

Why did you delete the part where I told him it was sickening to which length he goes to diminish Valverde? I think the others, including you, have been able to express themselves, I think I should be able to do that as well. Especially about such ridiculous remarks!

His history of Valverde-bashing is pretty remarkable at this point to say the least, it will continue if the moderators don't do anything about it. Everyone, even a diehard Contador-fan as LF, is able to see he is making a mockery of himself continuing that behaviour...
"This is the Tour that will determine whether I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,178
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: Re:

12 Feb 2017 14:08

Valv.Piti wrote:
Red Rick wrote:How about agreeing to disagree and moving on. I'm pretty sure we've all made up our minds about this. Please keep the personal stuff out of this

Why did you delete the part where I told him it was sickening to which length he goes to diminish Valverde? I think the others, including you, have been able to express themselves, I think I should be able to do that as well. Especially about such ridiculous remarks!

His history of Valverde-bashing is pretty remarkable at this point to say the least, it will continue if the moderators don't do anything about it. Everyone, even a diehard Contador-fan as LF, is able to see he is making a mockery of himself continuing that behaviour...

Because
[Red Rick"] Please keep the personal stuff out of this[/quote]
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 10,208
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Procrastination nation

Re: Re:

12 Feb 2017 14:18

Valv.Piti wrote:
Red Rick wrote:How about agreeing to disagree and moving on. I'm pretty sure we've all made up our minds about this. Please keep the personal stuff out of this

Why did you delete the part where I told him it was sickening to which length he goes to diminish Valverde? I think the others, including you, have been able to express themselves, I think I should be able to do that as well. Especially about such ridiculous remarks!

His history of Valverde-bashing is pretty remarkable at this point to say the least, it will continue if the moderators don't do anything about it. Everyone, even a diehard Contador-fan as LF, is able to see he is making a mockery of himself continuing that behaviour...


Valverde deserves to be bashed at every opportunity. :)
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 18,420
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

12 Feb 2017 18:35

Benotti69 wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
Red Rick wrote:How about agreeing to disagree and moving on. I'm pretty sure we've all made up our minds about this. Please keep the personal stuff out of this

Why did you delete the part where I told him it was sickening to which length he goes to diminish Valverde? I think the others, including you, have been able to express themselves, I think I should be able to do that as well. Especially about such ridiculous remarks!

His history of Valverde-bashing is pretty remarkable at this point to say the least, it will continue if the moderators don't do anything about it. Everyone, even a diehard Contador-fan as LF, is able to see he is making a mockery of himself continuing that behaviour...


Valverde deserves to be bashed at every opportunity. :)

Because he has injected something illegal into himself?
"This is the Tour that will determine whether I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,178
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

14 Feb 2017 12:05

Could the Andalucia and Algarve threads eventually get a dose of glue?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,353
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

14 Feb 2017 14:26

Valv.Piti wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
Red Rick wrote:How about agreeing to disagree and moving on. I'm pretty sure we've all made up our minds about this. Please keep the personal stuff out of this

Why did you delete the part where I told him it was sickening to which length he goes to diminish Valverde? I think the others, including you, have been able to express themselves, I think I should be able to do that as well. Especially about such ridiculous remarks!

His history of Valverde-bashing is pretty remarkable at this point to say the least, it will continue if the moderators don't do anything about it. Everyone, even a diehard Contador-fan as LF, is able to see he is making a mockery of himself continuing that behaviour...


Valverde deserves to be bashed at every opportunity. :)

Because he has injected something illegal into himself?


That is one of many reasons.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 18,420
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

15 Feb 2017 15:41

Irondan wrote:Just to set the record straight, I warned two of you (you know who you are) on this page about name calling. But I want you to know that I could also consider many of these posts trolling, baiting and flaming. Which could result in a ban for an unspecified amount of time.

Please take a deep breath and think before you post, on any thread because we will not put up with this behavior at all.

Cheers

Is this passage still in the rules? It seems to me like a certain MOD is being much too sensitive about content.

"Some spirited conversations - for instance, in the politics threads - will easily fall into this category. You have to have a thick skin to hold a discussion in the politics threads. But the moderators are aware of this, and it is taken into account."

EDIT: Trying to ensure equal enforcement of the rules and disagreeing with the rules themselves are not mutually exclusive prerogatives.
djpbaltimore
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,807
Joined: 09 Jun 2014 13:41
Location: Baltimore, MD

15 Feb 2017 22:26

I don't think a special case should be made for poitics threads, the standard should be the same on all threads
del1962
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,044
Joined: 16 Oct 2012 17:20

Re:

15 Feb 2017 22:50

del1962 wrote:I don't think a special case should be made for poitics threads, the standard should be the same on all threads

The politics threads have to abide by forum rules, they just get a little more leeway because of the nature of the discussion topic.

Some members get a little confused with the fact that they don't get a special set of rules in the politics thread.

Mainly, it's the moderators discretion as to what rule needs to be enforced and what doesn't, but we don't allow blatant rule violations to occur.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 6,249
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re:

16 Feb 2017 02:59

djpbaltimore wrote:
Irondan wrote:Just to set the record straight, I warned two of you (you know who you are) on this page about name calling. But I want you to know that I could also consider many of these posts trolling, baiting and flaming. Which could result in a ban for an unspecified amount of time.

Please take a deep breath and think before you post, on any thread because we will not put up with this behavior at all.

Cheers

Is this passage still in the rules? It seems to me like a certain MOD is being much too sensitive about content.

"Some spirited conversations - for instance, in the politics threads - will easily fall into this category. You have to have a thick skin to hold a discussion in the politics threads. But the moderators are aware of this, and it is taken into account."

EDIT: Trying to ensure equal enforcement of the rules and disagreeing with the rules themselves are not mutually exclusive prerogatives.

let me make my position abundantly clear.

based on what i saw in a public domain, both myself in dj received the warning from irondan.

unlike the response from my detractor, i would be less than honest to claim that the warning was 'a certain mod being much too sensitive' . this would be a self serving gabble, had i had the temerity to go that low...

my role and perhaps my own fault in refusing to let go what i consider/ed the dj disingenuous-ness (i called it a fake) my role was clearly my own problem. thus i instantly seized posting once i saw the iron dan pm.

i accept my share of the bickering and i apologize to the mods and the posters for taking the thread personal.

unfortunately, dj didn't feel that way thus attacking the mods...
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,334
Joined: 25 Sep 2009 01:01

Re: Re:

16 Feb 2017 12:43

python wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:
Irondan wrote:Just to set the record straight, I warned two of you (you know who you are) on this page about name calling. But I want you to know that I could also consider many of these posts trolling, baiting and flaming. Which could result in a ban for an unspecified amount of time.

Please take a deep breath and think before you post, on any thread because we will not put up with this behavior at all.

Cheers

Is this passage still in the rules? It seems to me like a certain MOD is being much too sensitive about content.

"Some spirited conversations - for instance, in the politics threads - will easily fall into this category. You have to have a thick skin to hold a discussion in the politics threads. But the moderators are aware of this, and it is taken into account."

EDIT: Trying to ensure equal enforcement of the rules and disagreeing with the rules themselves are not mutually exclusive prerogatives.

let me make my position abundantly clear.

based on what i saw in a public domain, both myself in dj received the warning from irondan.

unlike the response from my detractor, i would be less than honest to claim that the warning was 'a certain mod being much too sensitive' . this would be a self serving gabble, had i had the temerity to go that low...

my role and perhaps my own fault in refusing to let go what i consider/ed the dj disingenuous-ness (i called it a fake) my role was clearly my own problem. thus i instantly seized posting once i saw the iron dan pm.

i accept my share of the bickering and i apologize to the mods and the posters for taking the thread personal.

unfortunately, dj didn't feel that way thus attacking the mods...

Yes it is clear.

Sad that when folks are young they can't ever see the errors in their ways. Perhaps a "safe place" would be a better option?
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,924
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

16 Feb 2017 15:31

I offer no excuses. I flat out overreacted yesterday. Irondan is a great mod and didn't deserve the disrespectful comment that I threw in his direction. The matter was settled behind the scenes last night and I will post in a non-personal manner according to the rules of the forum.
djpbaltimore
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,807
Joined: 09 Jun 2014 13:41
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re:

16 Feb 2017 20:40

djpbaltimore wrote:I offer no excuses. I flat out overreacted yesterday. Irondan is a great mod and didn't deserve the disrespectful comment that I threw in his direction. The matter was settled behind the scenes last night and I will post in a non-personal manner according to the rules of the forum.

Way to go. What was it you said about apologies in the politics thread. Was it a sincere apology?

BY THE WAY -

Never PM me again and tell me not to reply.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,924
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Back to top