Log in:  

Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Re:

23 Jun 2017 20:25

lenric wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
Jspear wrote:What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p

Yeah, I hope they took that into consideration when they gave him the job. I'm not too comfortable with a mod who's repeatedly stated he dislikes me and my posts in the Contador thread.


Yes, because one of the requisites to be a moderator is to like everyone here and their posts...

No, but he has an obvious bias against many Contador fans on here and me in particular. So good luck to him, trying to remain objective will be hard.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,136
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re:

23 Jun 2017 20:33

King Boonen wrote:Let's give Valv.piti a chance before we jump up and down. As always, if anyone has a problem with a mods behaviour you can PM another mod or post here. Regulars in the clinic will know I have very big disagreements with some other regulars but we're not here to moderate opinions, no matter how much we disagree, that would be completely wrong.

Sure let's give him a chance. But this is not a matter of simple disagreement. I can't think of a poster that has been more obviously out to get a certain group of fans, besides the obvious trolls. So I can only hope he can put aside his bias and be objective, and I hope you'll keep an eye on his actions.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,136
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

23 Jun 2017 20:34

LaFlorecita wrote:
Jspear wrote:What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p

Yeah, I hope they took that into consideration when they gave him the job. I'm not too comfortable with a mod who's repeatedly stated he dislikes me and my posts in the Contador thread.

You will be ok. Give em a chance NO?

I remember just a month or so ago someone else was mad a Moderator and I was told in the back channels of the secret world that he or she was probably going to come a gunning for me and a few others. So far nothing like that has happened.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,308
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: Re:

23 Jun 2017 20:35

LaFlorecita wrote:
lenric wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
Jspear wrote:What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p

Yeah, I hope they took that into consideration when they gave him the job. I'm not too comfortable with a mod who's repeatedly stated he dislikes me and my posts in the Contador thread.


Yes, because one of the requisites to be a moderator is to like everyone here and their posts...

No, but he has an obvious bias against many Contador fans on here and me in particular. So good luck to him, trying to remain objective will be hard.

All the members are watching. Just give it a go.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,308
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

23 Jun 2017 20:46

Thx for your support. I'm probably overreacting :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,136
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

23 Jun 2017 20:52

LaFlorecita wrote:
lenric wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
Jspear wrote:What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p

Yeah, I hope they took that into consideration when they gave him the job. I'm not too comfortable with a mod who's repeatedly stated he dislikes me and my posts in the Contador thread.


Yes, because one of the requisites to be a moderator is to like everyone here and their posts...

No, but he has an obvious bias against many Contador fans on here and me in particular. So good luck to him, trying to remain objective will be hard.


I'm sure many moderators and administrators are biased against some posters and riders. That only makes them human and doesn't mean their behavior as moderators/administrators will knowingly be biased.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all the mods/admins will moderate this forum according to the same set of rules and will all pay attention to each other behaviors, so they know pretty well how to conduct themselves without needing external reminders.
User avatar lenric
Member
 
Posts: 1,330
Joined: 19 May 2014 21:52

Re: Re:

23 Jun 2017 21:58

LaFlorecita wrote:
King Boonen wrote:Let's give Valv.piti a chance before we jump up and down. As always, if anyone has a problem with a mods behaviour you can PM another mod or post here. Regulars in the clinic will know I have very big disagreements with some other regulars but we're not here to moderate opinions, no matter how much we disagree, that would be completely wrong.

Sure let's give him a chance. But this is not a matter of simple disagreement. I can't think of a poster that has been more obviously out to get a certain group of fans, besides the obvious trolls. So I can only hope he can put aside his bias and be objective, and I hope you'll keep an eye on his actions.

Any complaints about any mod would be taken very seriously by us all, including that mod. We all just want the forum to get along smoothly and try our best to help that happen.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,473
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re: Re:

23 Jun 2017 22:01

Semper Fidelis wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
Jspear wrote:What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p

Yeah, I hope they took that into consideration when they gave him the job. I'm not too comfortable with a mod who's repeatedly stated he dislikes me and my posts in the Contador thread.

You will be ok. Give em a chance NO?

I remember just a month or so ago someone else was mad a Moderator and I was told in the back channels of the secret world that he or she was probably going to come a gunning for me and a few others. So far nothing like that has happened.

That would be me correct? Seems strange as I honestly don't think we really interact that much do we? I'm glad your fears have been waylaid anyway.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,473
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

23 Jun 2017 22:12

One thing is we don't like eachother, which is fine (you can't get along well with anybody), but there is no reason to make a fuss about it and basically say you think/fear I will abuse the fact that I am moderator. I understand, however, why you could think that... I can assure you that no such thing will happen and as I said before, I will do the best I can.
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 7,384
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re:

23 Jun 2017 22:56

Valv.Piti wrote:One thing is we don't like eachother, which is fine (you can't get along well with anybody), but there is no reason to make a fuss about it and basically say you think/fear I will abuse the fact that I am moderator. I understand, however, why you could think that... I can assure you that no such thing will happen and as I said before, I will do the best I can.

Not a good start VP, only joking, I know you meant 'everybody';) No doubt where your colours lie but nothing at all to stop you being an impartial, effective Mod. Good luck (cos you will need it!).
User avatar ferryman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,063
Joined: 30 Dec 2009 23:43
Location: LostinFife

Re: Re:

23 Jun 2017 23:12

ferryman wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:One thing is we don't like eachother, which is fine (you can't get along well with anybody), but there is no reason to make a fuss about it and basically say you think/fear I will abuse the fact that I am moderator. I understand, however, why you could think that... I can assure you that no such thing will happen and as I said before, I will do the best I can.

Not a good start VP, only joking, I know you meant 'everybody';) No doubt where your colours lie but nothing at all to stop you being an impartial, effective Mod. Good luck (cos you will need it!).

Oh yeah, thats awkward. Thanks!
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 7,384
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: Re:

24 Jun 2017 00:45

Valv.Piti wrote:
ferryman wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:One thing is we don't like eachother, which is fine (you can't get along well with anybody), but there is no reason to make a fuss about it and basically say you think/fear I will abuse the fact that I am moderator. I understand, however, why you could think that... I can assure you that no such thing will happen and as I said before, I will do the best I can.

Not a good start VP, only joking, I know you meant 'everybody';) No doubt where your colours lie but nothing at all to stop you being an impartial, effective Mod. Good luck (cos you will need it!).

Oh yeah, thats awkward. Thanks!



Congrats on your non-paying job, Valv.Piti!
We'll get on just fine as long as you overlook my bad jokes.
p.s. Please forward some of the stuff you guys delete from the forum. I'd love to have an insider look about what you guys encounter.
User avatar the delgados
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 02 May 2009 02:38
Location: Toronto

Re: Re:

24 Jun 2017 07:53

Valv.Piti wrote:
ferryman wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:One thing is we don't like eachother, which is fine (you can't get along well with anybody), but there is no reason to make a fuss about it and basically say you think/fear I will abuse the fact that I am moderator. I understand, however, why you could think that... I can assure you that no such thing will happen and as I said before, I will do the best I can.

Not a good start VP, only joking, I know you meant 'everybody';) No doubt where your colours lie but nothing at all to stop you being an impartial, effective Mod. Good luck (cos you will need it!).

Oh yeah, thats awkward. Thanks!


This is where you can use the ever useful "English isn't my first language." excuse. :)
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,172
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Moderators

24 Jun 2017 12:34

I wish him and the list the best. He'll need to put aside his obvious bias towards certain posters to be effective. Hopefully that happens!
Last edited by Carols on 24 Jun 2017 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,800
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

24 Jun 2017 13:47

I personally find Valv.Piti to be a very balanced poster, good luck with the moderator role!
Hayabusa
Member
 
Posts: 564
Joined: 07 May 2012 14:18

Re: Re:

24 Jun 2017 20:52

lenric wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
lenric wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:
Jspear wrote:What the heck?!....When did Valv.Piti become a moderator?! Was this some undercover operation just in case people didn't like the decision? :p Under no circumstances can he moderate the AC forum. :p

Yeah, I hope they took that into consideration when they gave him the job. I'm not too comfortable with a mod who's repeatedly stated he dislikes me and my posts in the Contador thread.


Yes, because one of the requisites to be a moderator is to like everyone here and their posts...

No, but he has an obvious bias against many Contador fans on here and me in particular. So good luck to him, trying to remain objective will be hard.


I'm sure many moderators and administrators are biased against some posters and riders. That only makes them human and doesn't mean their behavior as moderators/administrators will knowingly be biased.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all the mods/admins will moderate this forum according to the same set of rules and will all pay attention to each other behaviors, so they know pretty well how to conduct themselves without needing external reminders.


Yes, we are all just human, we have our individual likes and dislikes.

But we are also honourable. We know we have to be objective. If we don't think someone is capable of that, they won't become a mod, or at least won't stay one for very long.

Besides, we mods do have a private area where we can (and do!) express our opinions without fear of recrimination.

And La Flo, haven't we had some major differences in the past? I think our relationship is pretty good these days.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator
 
Posts: 8,380
Joined: 05 Mar 2009 14:18
Location: Germany

01 Jul 2017 17:44

It's not right to have the Tour start like this without input from our man, the hog.

Free the hog!

(OK, don't know what he actually did to get banned, but still - Free the hog!)
Beech Mtn
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,545
Joined: 06 Oct 2009 16:50

Re: Moderators

09 Jul 2017 17:58

What's with the automatic hyperlinking to websites for certain words?
Has anyone else noticed that? For example target

edit: only seems to happen in PRR ..

edit2: or not...
Last edited by LaFlorecita on 09 Jul 2017 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,136
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

09 Jul 2017 18:01

Smells like spamware. I haven't seen any such links.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 18,889
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Re: Moderators

09 Jul 2017 18:04

LaFlorecita wrote:What's with the automatic hyperlinking to websites for certain words?
Has anyone else noticed that? For example target

edit: only seems to happen in PRR ..

It's been discussed before I think. Something with a partner site running on the same software or something like that.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 11,894
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Un Año Más

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armchair cyclist and 5 guests

Back to top