Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re: Moderators

06 Sep 2017 20:26

thehog wrote:Mods can the Motor thread in the Clinic change to a more generic title about Motor fraud than “first rider caught”?

Yes, I'll change it.

Thanks, we're way past that title in the thread.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re: Moderators

06 Sep 2017 20:29

Irondan wrote:
thehog wrote:Mods can the Motor thread in the Clinic change to a more generic title about Motor fraud than “first rider caught”?

Yes, I'll change it.

Thanks, we're way past that title in the thread.

Red Rick fixed the title to a more appropriate one.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

14 Sep 2017 19:28

From the outside / not an "insider" this place is going to the dogs.
Not very happy about how a long time Friend seems to have been treated.
"disc brake enlightenment"
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

Re:

14 Sep 2017 21:52

Semper Fidelis wrote:From the outside / not an "insider" this place is going to the dogs.

Block is hot. Hasn't stopped the carpetbombing though. Maybe some ritalin.
aphronesis
Veteran

15 Sep 2017 00:58

A cardinal rule of organizations; don't fix what ain't broke.

So you have an original member, a mod since the start, an 8 year volunteer allegedly run off... for what?

Personality conflict amongst the all volunteer mod group that's never met? Please tell me I'm wrong.

A thankless job volunteering -doing a consistently outstanding job - summarily dumped.

I'm sure this makes sense to somebody.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

Re:

15 Sep 2017 17:26

Semper Fidelis wrote:From the outside / not an "insider" this place is going to the dogs.

Have to say that I did not know what might be going on with moderators since I'm not one of them.
Note that in my post that I have quoted I said "seems to have been treated" it was my perception at the time. I have since then learned that I was wrong.

Things change. Times move along.

Stay Frosty
"disc brake enlightenment"
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

15 Sep 2017 20:34

reluctantly decided to add my 2 pennies...

having no any pm or for that matter other connections (or a history of such to either side), also must be mentioned i have nothing but a genuine respect for both alpe and dan, i speculate it was NOT about how alpe was/is treated or about alpe's views.

it was likely about how alpe fits/was fitting with the current view or a method of moderating the board...

my opinion - the moderating mode/trend, while largely reasonable and fair, is too rigid and punitive. pls, note. according to alpe, if memory serves, he NEVER-EVER banned anyone ! NEVER. in almost a decade of his service and the hundreds if not thousands of bans by just about all mods.

was that too much of a soft power or too little of a hard one in the view of the current mod team ? only they, the current mod team would know, but i suspect it would be one of the questions alpe would be faced with...

another potential issue it seems would be that alpe had deliberately - and quite reasonably given his inputs - chose his own area of moderation.... largely the politics threads which, by any stretch is one of the toughest areas to navigate.

pls note, just about everyone in those threads, regardless of their diverse views and biases, gave alpe the highest credit for his patience and his class. the last i recall alpe calling chubacca to quit the insults which were acknowledged and followed instantly.

it would be IMPOSSIBLE if alpe did not enjoy the respect he EARNED. pls provide me with a similar example on this board !

long story short, it seems the issue was a narrow-minded role allocation by the powers vs. a shrewd analysis of what the board's respected moderator, despite his stubborn view of his self role, would deserve...

my limited perspective.

and of course, the bob thread was where alpe went directly against the powers which - i dont really know - may have also influenced the situation from far above...
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

15 Sep 2017 23:17

Whoa, drama!

Don't know anything about anything, but always thought Alpe d'Huez was cool in the Cafe. Not a frequenter of the politics thread, however.
User avatar Tricycle Rider

16 Sep 2017 18:45

i have to say that up until now the best moderator i see is Valv.Piti , i had a problem for multiple posting and he doesn't send me private message warning me of a ban , but he reply to my question and he was very calm and reassuring , good job
User avatar telencefalus

Re:

17 Sep 2017 03:06

Scott SoCal wrote:A cardinal rule of organizations; don't fix what ain't broke.

So you have an original member, a mod since the start, an 8 year volunteer allegedly run off... for what?

Personality conflict amongst the all volunteer mod group that's never met? Please tell me I'm wrong.

A thankless job volunteering -doing a consistently outstanding job - summarily dumped.

I'm sure this makes sense to somebody.

So I guess the current mod(s) tactic is to run out the clock.

Anybody strong enough to face the music?
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

17 Sep 2017 16:47

Why did my post had to be deleted? The one where I said Cound's fat shaming and Froome being married with Cound tells about Froome's character as well?
Or the part where I criticized LaFlorecita of body shaming?

Bad moderation imo.
Forever The Best

Re:

17 Sep 2017 17:46

Forever The Best wrote:Why did my post had to be deleted? The one where I said Cound's fat shaming and Froome being married with Cound tells about Froome's character as well?

Bad moderation imo.
Any responses? :rolleyes:
Forever The Best

Re: Re:

18 Sep 2017 16:07

Forever The Best wrote:
Forever The Best wrote:Why did my post had to be deleted? The one where I said Cound's fat shaming and Froome being married with Cound tells about Froome's character as well?

Bad moderation imo.

I think many posts on the subject were deleted because they were off topic.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

18 Sep 2017 18:08

LaFlorecita wrote:
Forever The Best wrote:

Bad moderation imo.

I think many posts on the subject were deleted because they were off topic.

Probably that, except that Cound's behaviours reflect on Froome's behaviours as well. (which was perfectly on topic)
Forever The Best

19 Sep 2017 16:28

Good decision to close that suspension thread. Can't believe it lasted so long anyway.
Beech Mtn

Re:

19 Sep 2017 19:35

Beech Mtn wrote:Good decision to close that suspension thread. Can't believe it lasted so long anyway.

Agreed. It became a lake of tears and whining.
User avatar lenric

19 Sep 2017 19:53

Think the Members Suspension/Appreciation thread is important.

Needs to be modded like everything else.

I think it is good that posters have a chance to publicly express an opinion on others. It cna be healthy for the forum.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

19 Sep 2017 20:09

Benotti69 wrote:Think the Members Suspension/Appreciation thread is important.

I think it is good that posters have a chance to publicly express an opinion on others. It cna be healthy for the forum.

We've had to remove more comments from that thread than almost any other thread that I can think of right now.

It became a "Members trolling each other" thread more than it was anything else.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

19 Sep 2017 20:49

Irondan wrote:

We've had to remove more comments from that thread than almost any other thread that I can think of right now.

It became a "Members trolling each other" thread more than it was anything else.

As soon as members realise if they mispost in it a ban follows things will settle and it will be fit for purpose. :)
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

19 Sep 2017 21:13

Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:

As soon as members realise if they mispost in it a ban follows things will settle and it will be fit for purpose. :)

We're just going to stick with this thread for feedback about moderation.

Cheers
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum