Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

24 Mar 2017 11:29

You deleted the "where did you ride" thread!!!
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re:

24 Mar 2017 11:45

King Boonen wrote:You deleted the "where did you ride" thread!!!

oops. Was it in road general? I've put it back there.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

24 Mar 2017 11:46

You can restore deleted material now?! Did I miss something, or wasn't it with the new forum that everything deleted was gone *forever*?
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

24 Mar 2017 11:48

Netserk wrote:You can restore deleted material now?! Did I miss something, or wasn't it with the new forum that everything deleted was gone *forever*?

Nothing changed. Simply, when we get rid of spam we don't delete it, we just move it to another place where our spam filter should use it to train itself. Or at least that was the idea.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Administrator

Re: Re:

24 Mar 2017 11:49

Eshnar wrote:
King Boonen wrote:You deleted the "where did you ride" thread!!!

oops. Was it in road general? I've put it back there.

Awesome, thanks!
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

24 Mar 2017 11:50

Ah, that seems like a good idea. Hopefully it will get enough experience now to advance to the next level :D
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

29 Mar 2017 12:51

I was banned on cyclingnews forum. May I know why exactly? All I did is that I answered one guy who wrote that Sagan is idiot, stupid morron, to calm down because this words are saying more about him than about Sagan. After my post deleted and I was banned. Without warning, Thnx for answer

PS: sorry for posting it here, but cant figure how to contact some moderator
arcoolka
Newly Registered Member

Re:

29 Mar 2017 12:57

arcoolka wrote:I was banned on cyclingnews forum. May I know why exactly? All I did is that I answered one guy who wrote that Sagan is idiot, stupid morron, to calm down because this words are saying more about him than about Sagan. After my post deleted a I was banned. Without warning, Thnx for answer
Because 6 out of the 8 comments you posted were deleted for either being personal attacks of some sort or trolling.

P.S., You were banned from the comments section. This is the Cyclingnews forum, which you are not banned from. I can tell you that posting the same kind of comments here will get you banned in possibly less time than it took to get banned from the comments section. My advice to you is to read the Forum Rules before you post so you know exactly what you can and cannot post.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

29 Mar 2017 13:05

Irondan wrote:
arcoolka wrote:I was banned on cyclingnews forum. May I know why exactly? All I did is that I answered one guy who wrote that Sagan is idiot, stupid morron, to calm down because this words are saying more about him than about Sagan. After my post deleted a I was banned. Without warning, Thnx for answer
Because 6 out of the 8 comments you posted were deleted for either being personal attacks of some sort or trolling.

P.S., You were banned from the comments section. This is the Cyclingnews forum.

Who shall I contact if I want to remove this ban?
arcoolka
Newly Registered Member

29 Mar 2017 13:06

arcoolka wrote:
Irondan wrote:

P.S., You were banned from the comments section. This is the Cyclingnews forum.

Who shall I contact if I want to remove this ban?

Me.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

29 Mar 2017 13:09

Who shall I contact if I want to remove this ban?[
Me.

OK, so what are conditions I have to pass to remove ban for my account?
arcoolka
Newly Registered Member

29 Mar 2017 13:11

arcoolka wrote:
Me.

Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

29 Mar 2017 13:13

Irondan wrote:
arcoolka wrote:
Me.

You didnt answer anything, Does it mean it is not possible?
arcoolka
Newly Registered Member

29 Mar 2017 13:15

arcoolka wrote:
Irondan wrote:
arcoolka wrote:
Me.

You didnt answer anything, Does it mean it is not possible?

It means that I am considering my response right now and will get back to you soon, please be patient.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

29 Mar 2017 17:45

I had NO idea you could be banned from a comments section. That is possibly the greatest bannination in the history of CN.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

Re:

29 Mar 2017 17:47

Semper Fidelis wrote:I had NO idea you could be banned from a comments section. That is possibly the greatest bannination in the history of CN.

Yep, except normally the bans on the comments section are permabans. I have only had one other person seek to have their ban reduced and get reinstated.

Some people go on the comments section just to troll and fight with other people, those are the ones that get washed out fairly quickly.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

29 Mar 2017 20:10

Irondan wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:I had NO idea you could be banned from a comments section. That is possibly the greatest bannination in the history of CN.

Yep, except normally the bans on the comments section are permabans. I have only had one other person seek to have their ban reduced and get reinstated.

Some people go on the comments section just to troll and fight with other people, those are the ones that get washed out fairly quickly.

They did not put any comments up like this did they? This is one of the best.

I am Ray J's wife Brigid.
Ray j has contacted the administration and tried to explain that he was not the sock-puppet i.e. never posted with a false account. Whoever posted as him really needs to get a life. Why would you want to get someone banned? crazy.
I am posting because there has been no response to the emails Ray has sent the administrators.
Ray asked me if I would do this.
He's not that concerned about the ban [ he's a busy man] its more about not letting the person who got him banned get away with it and letting the administrators know that they can easily be fooled and have been on this occasion.

Brigid.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

30 Mar 2017 07:04

Semper Fidelis wrote:
Irondan wrote:

They did not put any comments up like this did they? This is one of the best.

I am Ray J's wife Brigid.
Ray j has contacted the administration and tried to explain that he was not the sock-puppet i.e. never posted with a false account. Whoever posted as him really needs to get a life. Why would you want to get someone banned? crazy.
I am posting because there has been no response to the emails Ray has sent the administrators.
Ray asked me if I would do this.
He's not that concerned about the ban [ he's a busy man] its more about not letting the person who got him banned get away with it and letting the administrators know that they can easily be fooled and have been on this occasion.

Brigid.

Haha! I thought that Jackhammer111 was the only one dumb enough to pretend to be the S.O. :lol:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

06 Apr 2017 09:54

Seeing that I've just found out that we can get banned and permabanned from the forum from the Cyclingnews comments section, no surprise but I'm StryderHells here and in the comment section Stryder T.A... Don't ban me, no sockpuppets I promise ;)
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

Re:

06 Apr 2017 12:18

StryderHells wrote:Seeing that I've just found out that we can get banned and permabanned from the forum from the Cyclingnews comments section, no surprise but I'm StryderHells here and in the comment section Stryder T.A... Don't ban me, no sockpuppets I promise ;)

You posted almost 1200 comments without knowing that you could get banned?

That's mighty impressive.. :D
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum