Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re:

01 Dec 2016 13:22

Jspear wrote:Ihay amhay ursprisedhay atthay isthay attermayed isthay uchmay.

Mehay toohay...
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re:

01 Dec 2016 13:30

sniper wrote:"provides a Dutch link and claims it says something when it doesn't"

When has that ever happened? Provide a link please (forum rules ;)), otherwise ill have to conclude this is much ado about nothing and pot kettle etc.

And "the lie perpetuated".
As McFly would say: heavy.

Troll someone else sniper, or look up gendankenexperiment.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re: Moderators

05 Dec 2016 16:46

Thanks to the mods on finally banning a very obvious troll in the LeMond thread.

IMO, a week is not enough considering the trolling was incessant. It also irks that the last time around, the same poster was allowed to troll incessantly when everyone else was being banned for complaining about the trolling. Exact same behaviour, different outcomes :( . Why?

Maybe it is time to start banning people from certain threads when it is obvious their only intention is to troll, especially when they have a history of doing so.

Also noticeable, there are plenty who like to throw barbs but have very little interest in discussing actual facts.
pmcg76

05 Dec 2016 18:31

Shows maturity to just let this happen (suspensions and such) and not get embroiled with one member or the other.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

Re:

05 Dec 2016 22:06

Glenn_Wilson wrote:Shows maturity to just let this happen (suspensions and such) and not get embroiled with one member or the other.

Having you talk about maturity really is the height of irony, who is it that has insinuated that LeMond is an alcoholic, oh yeah real mature indeed. Never mind all the other petty insults you have hurled at posters(not trolls either) during your time here. Yeah, yeah the height of maturity you are.

If I am not mistaken, this thread is called an appreciation/depreciation thread so....
pmcg76

Re: Re:

05 Dec 2016 22:08

pmcg76 wrote:
Glenn_Wilson wrote:Shows maturity to just let this happen (suspensions and such) and not get embroiled with one member or the other.

Having you talk about maturity really is the height of irony, who is it that has insinuated that LeMond is an alcoholic, oh yeah real mature indeed. Never mind all the other petty insults you have hurled at posters(not trolls either) during your time here. Yeah, yeah the height of maturity you are.

If I am not mistaken, this thread is called an appreciation/depreciation thread so....

This is technically the "Moderators" thread, I can move your post to the "members appreciation/depreciation thread" if you want me to? :)

I think your post is fine here though...
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

16 Dec 2016 07:53

What has happened to the forum rules thread, where can I find the rules now?
del1962
Veteran

16 Dec 2016 08:47

There's a link at the top of all pages, when you are in a thread, and as well when you are browsing a sub-forum: http://i.imgur.com/A8APffF.png?1
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!

Amsterhammer wrote:A glorious day, enjoy the fires of hell, Maggie!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

25 Jan 2017 19:42

Most of us in the PRR forum would like to discuss the racing that is happening, while a couple of members insist on stalling conversation every chance they get by debating the worthiness of the location, parcours, coverage, riders present etc, etc. Can something be done to keep the Australian racing thread readable?
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Re:

25 Jan 2017 20:45

42x16ss wrote:Most of us in the PRR forum would like to discuss the racing that is happening, while a couple of members insist on stalling conversation every chance they get by debating the worthiness of the location, parcours, coverage, riders present etc, etc. Can something be done to keep the Australian racing thread readable?

Having race specific threads, rather than one to cover the entire Australian summer, would be a help, to make the Evans Ocean and Herald Sun races free of that argument.
User avatar Armchair cyclist

25 Jan 2017 20:47

That's fine with me if you want to start a race only thread for each race, we do that anyway during the regular season.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re:

25 Jan 2017 21:04

Irondan wrote:That's fine with me if you want to start a race only thread for each race, we do that anyway during the regular season.

Feel the burn, Aussies! :p
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!

Amsterhammer wrote:A glorious day, enjoy the fires of hell, Maggie!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

25 Jan 2017 23:02

Happy to do it, as long as there's a separate thread to bog down with arguments about how worthy said races are.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Re:

25 Jan 2017 23:36

42x16ss wrote:Happy to do it, as long as there's a separate thread to bog down with arguments about how worthy said races are.

Yes feel free to make the race threads, they can be kept purely for discussion about those races.
User avatar Pricey_sky

26 Jan 2017 07:39

Shouldn't that thread in question be kept purely to race-talk, while those who wants to discuss how worthy (or not) the race is can make their own thread?
Or maybe a general thread about distribution of WT points...
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

27 Jan 2017 05:10

The moderators here are either asleep or so high on drugs they can't read. I just threatened to kill another poster and I haven't been banned. What the f*uck do you have to do to get a permaban around here, kill a mod?
User avatar Wallace

27 Jan 2017 06:13

Wallace wrote:The moderators here are either asleep or so high on drugs they can't read. I just threatened to kill another poster and I haven't been banned. What the f*uck do you have to do to get a permaban around here, kill a mod?

This isn't an actively moderated forum, but since you asked so nicely I'll oblige your request.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

27 Jan 2017 06:25

Wallace wrote:The moderators here are either asleep or so high on drugs they can't read. I just threatened to kill another poster and I haven't been banned. What the f*uck do you have to do to get a permaban around here, kill a mod?

The former for me as it was 5am when you posted. Thanks for making our job a little easier.
User avatar Pricey_sky

27 Jan 2017 14:52

I did not see this "jewel". Saw where you threatened to kill Scott but not the moderators.

Never ever have I wanted to see anyone banninated. That was before I read the garbage you posted in the politics thread directed at Scott and then this dumpster fire post. I would say have a nice day but that just will not happen.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

27 Jan 2017 16:09

Semper Fidelis wrote:

I did not see this "jewel". Saw where you threatened to kill Scott but not the moderators.

Never ever have I wanted to see anyone banninated. That was before I read the garbage you posted in the politics thread directed at Scott and then this dumpster fire post. I would say have a nice day but that just will not happen.

A jewel it was! I haven't seen a post quite like that one in my time as a moderator.

I gotta give him props though for helping mods do their jobs so much easier! lol

If it would not be too much to ask, could everyone follow Wallace's lead and self report any transgressions to the moderators thread? Another helpful tidbit would be to make sure to insult and threaten mods, that way we don't have to have those silly conversations with each other about proper action to take when we can go straight to permaban.... :D

I'm just kidding, I was being facetious. Obviously this was an extraordinary situation in that the poster made mods jobs easy by self reporting his offence to the moderators thread.

I joke about the post in the moderators thread but the offending post that has since been removed was no laughing matter. Wallace threatened to kill another forum member and even claimed to have this forum member's home address. Let's all hope that what was said was just internet bluster and not something that would be followed through with. I also commend the person that was threatened for maintaining their composure during the exchange. Personally, I think Wallace would have his hands full if he were to actually show up at said persons residence... :(
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum