Register

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

Re:

31 Jul 2015 14:01

StannisBaratheon wrote:My name is Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Lord of Dragonstone.
Following my defeat at Winterfell I gave up on this useless fight for a bunch of old swords they call "Iron Throne" and decided to follow cycling instead.
May the Lord of Light guide me on this forum.

Welcome to the forum! Your introduction is unique, that's for sure. :D

Happy posting!
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

31 Jul 2015 14:01

Defeat at winterfell? Bit presumptuous no?

Bloody GRRM has me on his list.

When the **** will winter come?

Doesn't matter to me anymore, I will move to sunny Braavos and watch all of Vincenzo Nibali's ( my man ) usurpers bending the knee in the following Grand Tours
StannisBaratheon

31 Jul 2015 16:12

Welcome Stannis!
User avatar lemon cheese cake

Re: Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

18 Sep 2015 09:31

Hello to everybody,
Rob here, writing from old cycling land of Italy.
I've been looking to forums for some time already, found out it's quite funny and yet there is some deep knowledge so I decided to enter the arena :-)
About me, I was born in Padua, Veneto, land of two wheels (Campagnolo, Wilier, Atala, Olympia, Castelli, i could go on and on) and currently living in Florence, Tuscany (another 2 wheels paradise)
I'm an amateur triathlete which canride his bike (seems a rare thing I know), owning a local brand Campy equipped Roadie and a Scott Plasma 3 Shimano equipped TT bike.
Hope i can have fun and learn a lot reading the forum.
Have good rides!
Ciao!
Flat Out

18 Sep 2015 12:07

Flat Out wrote:Hello to everybody,
Rob here, writing from old cycling land of Italy.
I've been looking to forums for some time already, found out it's quite funny and yet there is some deep knowledge so I decided to enter the arena :-)
About me, I was born in Padua, Veneto, land of two wheels (Campagnolo, Wilier, Atala, Olympia, Castelli, i could go on and on) and currently living in Florence, Tuscany (another 2 wheels paradise)
I'm an amateur triathlete which canride his bike (seems a rare thing I know), owning a local brand Campy equipped Roadie and a Scott Plasma 3 Shimano equipped TT bike.
Hope i can have fun and learn a lot reading the forum.
Have good rides!
Ciao!

Welcome Flat Out!

Hopefully spending time in our forum will cure you of being a triathlete. ;)
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

18 Sep 2015 12:16

Thanks Irondan,seems I'm not the only one but trust me, I'm already cured. This year I rode the Liegi Challenge, those were 263 superhard Km under heavy rain but I loved every one of them!!!!
Flat Out

29 Sep 2015 14:30

Hey! Been a lurker a couple a years, now a poster of some time. I ride my bike to the job. It's one of those old bikes that cranks a lot and in every descent I pray (not holy praying) that it won't be my last descent.
One time I was in Tenerife, it was in 2008, and bycycled there. One guy sprinted past me up a hill and shouted "VAMOS!". Perhaps it was a pro as I later found out Astana was there at the time. Yes, with the Armstong. Too bad I couldn't follow wheel and mete Ferrari up top.
That's my bycycle story.
Dr.Guess

Re:

29 Sep 2015 14:44

Dr.ugs wrote:Hey! Been a lurker a couple a years, now a poster of some time. I ride my bike to the job. It's one of those old bikes that cranks a lot and in every descent I pray (not holy praying) that it won't be my last descent.
One time I was in Tenerife, it was in 2008, and bycycled there. One guy sprinted past me up a hill and shouted "VAMOS!". Perhaps it was a pro as I later found out Astana was there at the time. Yes, with the Armstong. Too bad I couldn't follow wheel and mete Ferrari up top.
That's my bycycle story.

Welcome!

Great story!
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re:

29 Sep 2015 21:39

Dr.ugs wrote:Hey! Been a lurker a couple a years, now a poster of some time. I ride my bike to the job. It's one of those old bikes that cranks a lot and in every descent I pray (not holy praying) that it won't be my last descent.
That's my bycycle story.

Cool story bro.
brokebiker

29 Sep 2015 21:41

Hi I'm new but have been a lurker for years. I couldn't keep my mouth closed any longer so I created an account. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders by finally posting.
brokebiker

10 Oct 2015 17:01

Howdy Folks!!! Name is Stryder and been reading the forum for a few years but only ever posted in the comments section under news stories but thought it was about time to contribute than just lurk around. Anyway I'm a cyclist from Melbourne in Oz, 6 x Everester and spend most of my time riding up hills and watching obscure euro races
User avatar StryderHells

Re:

10 Oct 2015 17:21

StryderHells wrote:Howdy Folks!!! Name is Stryder and been reading the forum for a few years but only ever posted in the comments section under news stories but thought it was about time to contribute than just lurk around. Anyway I'm a cyclist from Melbourne in Oz, 6 x Everester and spend most of my time riding up hills and watching obscure euro races

Welsome.
brokebiker wrote:Hi I'm new but have been a lurker for years. I couldn't keep my mouth closed any longer so I created an account. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders by finally posting.

Welcome.
User avatar lemon cheese cake

19 Oct 2015 10:38

I hope this is the good introduction topic. I'm watching profesional cycling since Giro 2005. I'd automatically fall in love with Rujano&Parra tandem. Propably that's why i enjoy GTs and mountains much more than cobbles and classics. I'm more of a traceur and cycling fan rather than cyclist. I don't even have a bike and I'm not interested in having any. As a cycling fan I'm worried I'm still more of a casual. I wouldn't recognize between next cobbled belgian hope like i dunno Van Asbroeck and another Vandenbergh or whoever. There's too many of them, I want a belgian climber instead. Let there be some variety.

I'm peeking at this forum for about 2 years. I registered in only now because I'm at the ending phase of my bite on the Tour de France design and I've choosed this forum as it has a pretty developed design community so I will have fast and insightful opinions on what to fix in the future. I've tried to design a classic one day race too and I have one that I'm kinda happy so I'll post that when I'll figure it's description. Cheers.
railxmig

19 Oct 2015 12:27

Welcome railxmig brother.
snccdcno

19 Oct 2015 12:28

railxmig wrote:I hope this is the good introduction topic. I'm watching profesional cycling since Giro 2005. I'd automatically fall in love with Rujano&Parra tandem. Propably that's why i enjoy GTs and mountains much more than cobbles and classics. I'm more of a traceur and cycling fan rather than cyclist. I don't even have a bike and I'm not interested in having any. As a cycling fan I'm worried I'm still more of a casual. I wouldn't recognize between next cobbled belgian hope like i dunno Van Asbroeck and another Vandenbergh or whoever. There's too many of them, I want a belgian climber instead. Let there be some variety.

I'm peeking at this forum for about 2 years. I registered in only now because I'm at the ending phase of my bite on the Tour de France design and I've choosed this forum as it has a pretty developed design community so I will have fast and insightful opinions on what to fix in the future. I've tried to design a classic one day race too and I have one that I'm kinda happy so I'll post that when I'll figure it's description. Cheers.

Welcome!
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

19 Oct 2015 15:47

railxmig wrote:I hope this is the good introduction topic. I'm watching profesional cycling since Giro 2005. I'd automatically fall in love with Rujano&Parra tandem. Propably that's why i enjoy GTs and mountains much more than cobbles and classics. I'm more of a traceur and cycling fan rather than cyclist. I don't even have a bike and I'm not interested in having any. As a cycling fan I'm worried I'm still more of a casual. I wouldn't recognize between next cobbled belgian hope like i dunno Van Asbroeck and another Vandenbergh or whoever. There's too many of them, I want a belgian climber instead. Let there be some variety.

Welcome aboard railxmig! You'll be happy with the amount of people that know a good route on this forum. The GT organizers should just hire them to design their routes. :D
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

28 Dec 2015 18:25

hi i'm francesco from italy, my first memory was marco pantani in 1998 giro & tour.... great fan of ivan basso!
torcia_86

28 Dec 2015 18:35

torcia_86 wrote:hi i'm francesco from italy, my first memory was marco pantani in 1998 giro & tour.... great fan of ivan basso!

Hello from the US! I saw your post in the CQ Game thread about sending pm's. You need 10 posts and then you'll be able to send your team in. 1 more post and you're good. :)
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

28 Dec 2015 18:36

torcia_86 wrote:hi i'm francesco from italy, my first memory was marco pantani in 1998 giro & tour.... great fan of ivan basso!

Welcome to the forum! :)
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

28 Dec 2015 19:12

Inflating that post count so I can PM for the CQ-game.
laarsland

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum